Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2013, 01:39 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter002 View Post
They need to get over themselves. No different than a short guy putting on lifts, going out and noticing better treatment (smiles, flirts, etc) from women. No different than a guy cleaning himself up and putting on a suit and getting more flirts, instead of being ignored when wearing pants hanging off of his bottom. Or no different than a bald guy getting more flirts after putting on a toupee or wearing a hat... Or a woman getting more attention after dying out all of her grays with blond hair.

Many people are superficial and like what they like. Looks matter. Get over it. I've dated women who've were once fat and then lost weight and then had nasty attitudes because of the better treatment. Total turn off.

Get in where you fit in.

If you're losing weight, do it for yourself and if you get someone who treats you well, appreciate them. You can tell through conversation if that person would stick around if you were to put on the weight.

I never said they should be going out now treating people badly because they were treated badly.

I don't remember saying looks 'don't or shouldn't matter' either. I was talking about men who mistreat women based on looks because that's what most of them do.

"Get over it" in this case is about as useful as a fart in the wind and I don't take either one seriously.

I don't know who that last bit of advice is for, maybe women in general but doesn't apply to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 01:41 AM

49 posts, read 41,745 times
@DE It's funny because a lot women and even gay men are even more critical of a woman's appearance than men are.

It's human nature ffs. But somehow you are exempt from it?

Old 01-05-2013, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusT01 View Post
@DE It's funny because a lot women and even gay men are even more critical of a woman's appearance than men are.

It's human nature ffs. But somehow you are exempt from it?

I never said women or gay men weren't critical of women. If you fail to realize that men are equally if not more critical of women's looks then the former groups that would just be typical wouldn't it? They always perceive themselves as the ones 'least likely to rip a woman apart,' so what else is new . Well, it's a good thing many of us know otherwise. Live it once and maybe you'd see differently -- but you can't live it from this perspective (if you're a man). So oh well.

Yes, I'm exempt from it because I don't date. So when he's advising some woman about losing weight for herself and all that crap about figuring out if the man is with you for the right reasons....no he's not talking to me.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I never said women or gay men weren't critical of women. If you fail to realize that men are equally if not more critical of women's looks then the former groups that would just be typical wouldn't it? They always perceive themselves as the ones 'least likely to rip a woman apart,' so what else is new . Well, it's a good thing many of us know otherwise. Live it once and maybe you'd see differently -- but you can't live it from this perspective (if you're a man). So oh well.
You spoke as if it is unfair to treat someone different based on their appearances. And I was simply stating that we all do it. You seem to have strong stereotypical views on men, but please don't put words into my mouth just because I'm a man. I don't care for it. And I wouldn't do the same to you.

Quote:
Yes, I'm exempt from it because I don't date. So when he's advising some woman about losing weight for herself and all that crap about figuring out if the man is with you for the right reasons....no he's not talking to me.
Whether you date or not, you make negative or positive judgments of other peoples appearances, it's about the human mind constructing concepts. I was addressing your post about men being more critical about appearances and posting more threads relating to that. You are the one who is stereotyping men, I said a lot not all. Basically you have projected your gender biases in all your posts in this thread. Have a look for yourself.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:51 AM

Quote:
I never said they should be going out now treating people badly because they were treated badly.

I don't remember saying looks 'don't or shouldn't matter' either. I was talking about men who mistreat women based on looks because that's what most of them do.
They also treat them well because of their looks, you are always attempting to consolidate your point by looking at the negative. Although it might not be obvious to you, there is a positive side to it, if the man typically finds you attractive.

Last edited by JusT01; 01-05-2013 at 03:48 AM..

Old 01-05-2013, 04:12 AM

499 posts, read 756,436 times
Quote:

"Get over it" in this case is about as useful as a fart in the wind and I don't take either one seriously.

I don't know who that last bit of advice is for, maybe women in general but doesn't apply to me.
Lol. Women do this all of the time also. No biggie there. I don't think women deserve sympathy for this one.

Ask an ugly guy, short guy, very skinny guy, or balding, older guy or guy from certain races the reaction he gets from attractive or even average women in a club or event that involves recreational socializing. Everything from looks like "I can't believe he though he had a chance" to "ewww what a creep" comments. You see men mentioning this all the time on this board.

You think women don't treat men badly or second class based on their looks also? Lol.

Fat women have an advantage. There are guys who are into that and if an overweight woman doesn't like where she fits in (no pun intended), there's a way out! She can lose weight!

Some fat guys get treated like garbage by even fat women!

Lol. Sorry no sympathy here.

Old 01-05-2013, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter002 View Post
Lol. Women do this all of the time also. No biggie there. I don't think women deserve sympathy for this one.

Ask an ugly guy, short guy, very skinny guy, or balding, older guy or guy from certain races the reaction he gets from attractive or even average women in a club or event that involves recreational socializing. Everything from looks like "I can't believe he though he had a chance" to "ewww what a creep" comments. You see men mentioning this all the time on this board.

You think women don't treat men badly or second class based on their looks also? Lol.

Fat women have an advantage. There are guys who are into that and if an overweight woman doesn't like where she fits in (no pun intended), there's a way out! She can lose weight!

Some fat guys get treated like garbage by even fat women!

Lol. Sorry no sympathy here.

Where did I say 'women don't treat men badly or second class, etc?' I didn't -- so get your facts straight before attempting to say things I never said in the first place.

And we agree on one thing: neither of us has any sympathy for the opposite sex where these matters are concerned. Fine by me. Case closed.

Old 01-05-2013, 04:27 AM

Quote:
They also treat them well because of their looks, you are always attempting to consolidate your point by looking at the negative. Although it might not be obvious to you, there is a positive side to it, if the man typically finds you attractive.

I know they treat them well because of their looks and they also mistreat them when they don't like the looks. Isn't that what I've been saying the whole time? Yea there's a real positive side when the man finds the woman attractive, that's not news.... I was talking about when they don't and the subsequent behavior they display based on that.

Old 01-05-2013, 04:42 AM

Quote:
You spoke as if it is unfair to treat someone different based on their appearances. And I was simply stating that we all do it. You seem to have strong stereotypical views on men, but please don't put words into my mouth just because I'm a man. I don't care for it. And I wouldn't do the same to you.

Whether you date or not, you make negative or positive judgments of other peoples appearances, it's about the human mind constructing concepts. I was addressing your post about men being more critical about appearances and posting more threads relating to that. You are the one who is stereotyping men, I said a lot not all. Basically you have projected your gender biases in all your posts in this thread. Have a look for yourself.

Thanks for the newsflash regarding 'what we all do.' You mean what you do. I never mistreated a man or a woman solely based on appearance, pretty sure I'm not the only one in America who's never done this. The reason you see this as commonplace & acceptable is because as I've said the entire time here, men in general see nothing wrong with doing things like that.....yes it appears I do have strong 'stereotypical views' that are proven time and again by men. You're not alerting anyone on here to anything new.....Far as I can tell men do nothing to the contrary except repeatedly drive home the point how accurate most of those so called stereotypes are. (I leave room for the 5 guys per day on the internet that verbally swear different, because that makes a world of difference to me) .

And in case you didn't notice: there's a large gap between 'making a negative/positive assessment' of a person's looks -- and then proceeding to treat them accordingly. If they don't desire to date the 'fat girl' or the 'ugly girl,' then they shouldn't devote so much attention to telling them just how undesirable they are, they make a lot of threads about it, never any mention of a 'girl's personality' yet they trot that out as their main concern. That's laughable.

I said they are just as if not more critical of women's looks then they claim to be and that's exactly what I meant. If you don't agree, join the club that regularly disagrees with me. Other then that, oh well, I don't know what to tell you.

Old 01-05-2013, 06:27 AM

499 posts, read 756,436 times
Quote:
I know they treat them well because of their looks and they also mistreat them when they don't like the looks. Isn't that what I've been saying the whole time? Yea there's a real positive side when the man finds the woman attractive, that's not news.... I was talking about when they don't and the subsequent behavior they display based on that.

Well, they're allowed to respond with that "ehhh no thanks" behavior. If women are allowed to do it, there's no harm in men doing the same so long as there is no outright disrespect. Life's not fair. Live with it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships