Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 07:57 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,122 times

Advertisements

Horrible natural disaster? But Nibiru came and went and we're still here...no rush. Just have to worry about the sun turning into a Red Giant in a few billion years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 08:07 PM

2,135 posts, read 4,273,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikoBellic View Post
If I can't get a girlfriend now when I'm plenty attractive, already earn close to six figures, have a strong social life and boundless energy. What's going to change when I'm in my 30s? I'm just going to be single and lonely while driving an 80K car instead of a 35K car, wooptido
If you have all of those qualities then why don't you have a gf!? It is not that complicated. The people who are looking for wome or men to date and go out specifically to find these people are the ones who never find anyone. Their just plain weird. My current gf found me. Walked up to me and asked how my day was and the rest is history.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:13 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by packer43064 View Post
. My current gf found me. Walked up to me and asked how my day was and the rest is history.
haha, and C-D (male) propaganda would have us believe that women never approach! OF COURSE they approach! Many happy couples get their start by women who did the initial approach. But why hasn't that worked for the OP, throughout an entire college career? Why aren't the ex-gf's/concubines of his druggie friend looking him up? The OP can't win.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:29 PM

491 posts, read 569,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Some men don't come into their looks and their confidence until their 30's. And at that point, everything starts to come together in their life. Women start noticing them, they're feeling like they're near the top of their game professionally, and so they have more confidence, the payoff begins. It works that way for some women, too. So in the meantime, do something to make yourself interesting. Travel, read, work on becoming a more well-rounded and interesting person.
This sounds similar to something someone mentioned in another thread. The pendulum swings. Men get better the older they get especially past their 20's yet they say men stay the same. Which is it? Women start off way better than most men until about their 30's, which people seem to agree most men begin to come into their looks and status which explains why successful men usually date younger.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:33 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
It's not about "either-or". I said SOME men come into their looks later in life, and gain more confidence. So do some women. Others bloom quickly early on and fade early. The human experience is diverse. Genetic heritage is diverse. Temperament, talent, all that.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:48 PM

491 posts, read 569,595 times
Nothing is perfectly even. There are imbalances in this world and thats a fact. Saying that some blacks are dark and some are very light doesn't mean that only SOME blacks are very light. MOST are dark. That's why they are black. I don't like strawman arguments because they are only exceptions not the rule. Most of the world is covered in water doesn't mean its all covered. Most women are at their best in their 20's doesn't mean they all are. Most men don't reach their peak until after their 20's doesn't mean they all are. But it doesn't mean there arent imbalances.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:11 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,618,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikoBellic View Post
Who has never had a girlfriend before?

He's a nice guy, sexually he's had a few one night stands and is good in the bedroom and everything. Only problem is that he's never had a girlfriend and never been in love

Would you be too weirded out and feel that he's a loser?

Feel that he is a loser? Did you figure this out before or after HE BLEW YOUR BACK OUT?????

What is it with women and the bad relationship choices they make??

Who cares if the guy never had a girlfriend. He is 25 years old. If he is mentally stable and treats you well than that is all that matters.

Old 01-05-2013, 03:56 AM

127 posts, read 154,736 times
Quote:
haha, and C-D (male) propaganda would have us believe that women never approach! OF COURSE they approach! Many happy couples get their start by women who did the initial approach. But why hasn't that worked for the OP, throughout an entire college career? Why aren't the ex-gf's/concubines of his druggie friend looking him up? The OP can't win.
I have a lot of experience with women....and I can tell you that the pretty ones (or even reasonably attractive ones) rarely to never approach.

Either that guy got lucky or he's exaggerating.

PS: I'm good-looking....so if girls did approach, I'm sure I'd be one of the first to know about it.

Old 01-05-2013, 03:57 AM

127 posts, read 154,736 times
Quote:
It's not about "either-or". I said SOME men come into their looks later in life, and gain more confidence. So do some women. Others bloom quickly early on and fade early. The human experience is diverse. Genetic heritage is diverse. Temperament, talent, all that.
Then there are those of us that started strong and have remained strong and even got better.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:10 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoy316 View Post
Then there are those of us that started strong and have remained strong and even got better.
Hahaha I think it would be impossible for you to have anymore confidence
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships