Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 12:28 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,174,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I think if someone were to look at dating like a series of hoops you have to jump through in order to get ...whatever you are trying to get, it would get old and not fun.

But if you see it as a fun time and plan it with that in mind, it is fun for both.

I agree. Dating is supposed to be fun. When it's not fun, it's time to take a break.

However, in a way, I can see Robert's point. Some people look at dating as a means to an end, whether that end is a relationship, marriage, or sex. Given that men tend to be goal-oriented, I could see where they'd find it tedious after a while if their efforts didn't have any "results."

And let's be honest here, for a lot of them, "results" = "sex." Not saying that about Robert in particular, but that sometimes that is the case for men. I think if men look at dating as a means to that and they insist upon "quality" women, they're going to be sorely disappointed and most likely end up frustrated and fed up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

50,159 posts, read 46,820,657 times
Why do many people equate spending money = dating? Or money = gifts as in the more the better.

1,601 posts, read 2,128,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Some dates I've been on can give an impression you're being grilled for your qualities. It feels like you have to constantly sell yourself to remain interesting.
What are the women generally like? Are they professional types? Looking specifically to start families? Is there no natural flow of conversation, at all?

Old 01-05-2013, 12:29 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,714,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Some dates I've been on can give an impression you're being grilled for your qualities. It feels like you have to constantly sell yourself to remain interesting.

I agree with this and men aren't the only ones this happens to btw.

Old 01-05-2013, 12:34 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,615,716 times
"ask not what your date can do for you but what can you do for your date". im not making any judgments here just that JFK's words came to mind...

Old 01-05-2013, 12:37 PM

44,256 posts, read 64,223,092 times
I am a woman and find the whole dating scene to be horrifying.

Old 01-05-2013, 12:45 PM

52,011 posts, read 52,464,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I really think men don't enjoy dating. But women do. For men, take out that wallet for an investigative foray into the world of possibilities. For women, the movie and chicken Cordon Bleu are certainties.

I never thought about this until I lived in Atlanta and was involved in my north end parish full of transplants. The CAP I love to complain about would take about guys and sneer "He doesn't date much," as if a put down. (Many put downs came out of her mouth, actually.)

I have always viewed dating of the "getting to know" variety as a pain in the ass. Going out with someone you already know is fine.

Men and women, what do you think?
I TRULY am glad that I'm not out dating....... I really mean it.......

If Mrs. Chow wises up and leaves me, I'd still not want to be out there......

I don't like the small talk.... it feels silly to me....

Old 01-05-2013, 12:47 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,964,469 times
Can't say that I missed dating in the last 5 or so years.

Can say that the dates I went on before getting into a relationship didn't feel like an interview.

if that's what dating is like for me, if I ever date again, I'll just stay single.

Old 01-05-2013, 12:47 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,802,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I am a woman and find the whole dating scene to be horrifying.
I know I'm going to regret asking this, but why?

Old 01-05-2013, 12:49 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,124,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I really think men don't enjoy dating. But women do. For men, take out that wallet for an investigative foray into the world of possibilities. For women, the movie and chicken Cordon Bleu are certainties.

I never thought about this until I lived in Atlanta and was involved in my north end parish full of transplants. The CAP I love to complain about would take about guys and sneer "He doesn't date much," as if a put down. (Many put downs came out of her mouth, actually.)

I have always viewed dating of the "getting to know" variety as a pain in the ass. Going out with someone you already know is fine.

Men and women, what do you think?
Of course women like dating, they hardly ever pay for anything! I think men look at dating as a necessary evil to get what they want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships