Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 12:13 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times

Advertisements

Rebound works wonders but if you're not open to that and want to stay single then you just have rely on time to heal all and you have to be strong and just not see her anymore (not that I understand why you just don't be together with her anyway).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 12:16 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,587,931 times
I tried to speak to her today but her phone is off. This actually answers one important question. She respected me enough to not expect me to pay it, or even tell me that her bill was due. This is a big deal to me, because I often hear women tell me that they have bills due, and they want me to do something about it. This time around, she did t even let me know, which means she's not looking for me to support her. If she we're she would have made me aware of her phone bill. The bad part is that I can't speak to her though. I dont know where she lives, since we often got together at hotels and my house during the FWB. I guess I'll wait for her to contact me, or never hear from her again.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:25 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,268,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
I tried to speak to her today but her phone is off. This actually answers one important question. She respected me enough to not expect me to pay it, or even tell me that her bill was due. This is a big deal to me, because I often hear women tell me that they have bills due, and they want me to do something about it. This time around, she did t even let me know, which means she's not looking for me to support her. If she we're she would have made me aware of her phone bill. The bad part is that I can't speak to her though. I dont know where she lives, since we often got together at hotels and my house during the FWB. I guess I'll wait for her to contact me, or never hear from her again.

You obviously like her, try to call her in a few days maybe by then she'll have had time to pay her bill......can I just say being a single mum we get this stigma that we want a man to support us and that we're looking for a new daddy for our kids and that's not true..........the female your talking about although only 22 seems like a pretty good catch. She doesn't expect anything from you hence the reason she was fine with the break up, she doesn't tell you when she's struggling with bills or ask anything of you you've been FWB for 7months? Personally I was not aware that things like that lasted as long you both obviously have more of a connection that a quick **** talk to her see how you both feel maybe you could have a serious relationship and not just sex

Old 01-06-2013, 04:06 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
Quote:
I think that's best.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:32 PM

16 posts, read 43,988 times
Look at the moral side. You have got benefits from her, now that she needs something you are not ready. If you care for her and think you both can stick together, go ahead for a relationship. What if she is 11 years younger. All that matters is love between the two of you.
But if you think you are not ready for this, please do her a favor and stop playing games.

good luck,

Old 01-07-2013, 02:10 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,587,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter.messi View Post
Look at the moral side. You have got benefits from her, now that she needs something you are not ready. If you care for her and think you both can stick together, go ahead for a relationship. What if she is 11 years younger. All that matters is love between the two of you.
But if you think you are not ready for this, please do her a favor and stop playing games.

good luck,

I don't think you ready my entire story. I ended the FWB not her. I needed something more. This would have kept going on who knows how long if I hadn't ended it. I decided to keep in contact with her, but I don't think that's playing games with her.

Old 01-07-2013, 02:18 PM

272 posts, read 620,921 times
Quote:
Hello, I'm about 33 years old, and I recently got out of a Friends with benefit situation with a woman 22 years old (11 years my junior).
Call her back and tell her you made a mistake. Keep your emotions in check. Enjoy the situation for what it is. I'm 33 as well and wouldn't hesitate to have a 22 year old for an FWB. Stop holding out for some Hollywood fairytale and tear that young piece of delight up on the regular. Again, don't fall in love. Enjoy the company, outings, sex and laughter.

Old 01-07-2013, 02:33 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,958,363 times
Quote:
I don't do that anymore. I use to keep a "team" of women around I could just call up. I've found that this is a safety net or a crutch. I've found that it just forces me to not deal with whatever pain I'm dealing with from a breakup. Similar to drinking yourself silly instead of dealing with your life problems. At 33 I just find I'm too old to do a lot of serial dating and screwing around too much. If that were the case I would I have never broke things off with this younger woman.

I also want to try to stay single for awhile. I've found jumping from women to women makes me dependent on the company of a woman. I think I need to give myself some room to breathe a little and not get bogged down by dealing with yet another personality. So I'm doing things the hard way. I just wonder if anyone else has decided to do things the hard way, and how were they able to pull it off?
I find the bolded to be my healthy way of dealing with a break up. But it is reeeeeaaaaly emotionally difficult.
I try to do the bolded if the relationship was healthy, and the break up went ok. But not every relationship has been as such.
The two times I sought relations with women for the rebound were usually poor decisions that compounded my original relationship woes.
How to forget her ? Not going to happen over night. Spend time with family or friends, AND GET A HOBBY that doesnt include alcohol, or drugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships