U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 01:25 AM

1,189 posts, read 2,318,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Not racist, but probably not very bright either. With all the lovely races and ethnicities out there, how can you claim to only be attracted to one?
Many people in the world strictly date within their race, group, culture etc. Calling most people "not very bright" for their choice to do so is beyond silly.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2013, 05:16 AM

14,065 posts, read 14,218,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
will you call them racist?
No. I only think that disliking/hating another race or thinking that another race is inferior to yours is racist. Simply choosing not to date interracially doesn't make someone a racist. Choosing not to date within your own race also doesn't make someone a racist.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:24 AM

1,369 posts, read 2,018,814 times
It's just my opinion of course, but I think people have every right to discriminate about whom they might become physically intimate with. If they are simply not attracted to those of other races that's that. Implying racism on this account is not just silly, but an attempt to politicize the personal preferences and feelings of others, and smear them out of resentment at not being able to get into their pants, and I find that disgusting.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:52 AM

6,616 posts, read 12,474,243 times
It's called having a type. Nothing wrong with it. I only date OUTSIDE my race lol.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:10 AM

5,348 posts, read 6,431,887 times
Because they're just not attracted to them lol

Old 01-09-2013, 06:19 AM

3,636 posts, read 2,947,206 times
"Racist" for me is generally when you judge another person (negatively OR positively) based on their race. I think the term "racist" is one of those over used and over applied terms. There is enough actual racism in the world to deal with without labeling any more with the term.

Sexual Attraction however is not an attribute of the other person. It is an attribute of yourself. You either find a person sexually attractive or you do not. You either find an attribute (greater or lesser body weight, height, hair colors, skin colors, whatever) sexually attractive or you do not.

Saying - for example - "I am not attracted to black women" - is a statement about you not about black women. Hence it is not racist. I myself have never been attracted to anything but white women. That does not mean I never will be - there might be some out there I have yet to meet - but thus far it has never happened. This is an attribute of me however and not them and hence there is nothing racist about it.

Saying "I am not attracted to black women myself" is no more racist than saying "I am only attracted to women" makes me sexist.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:31 AM

108 posts, read 157,841 times
What's the alternative?

Relationship Inspector General: Mr. Smith, I see here your last three dates were with Caucasians. When I review your file at the end of the next quarter I'm expecting to see a little more color. I think an Asian and African-American should do.

Mr. Smith: I live in rural Utah... there are no...

Relationship Inspector General: That's enough Mr. Smith! We won't tolerate any more of this proclivity you seem to have developed for white people. Now get on it or a visit to Multiculturalism Reeducation Camp will be in your future.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:47 AM

6,616 posts, read 12,474,243 times
Rural Utah hahaha.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:10 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,336,709 times
Depends on the person and on the culture. If you plunked me down in the middle of India with traditional Indian clothes, I'm not sure I'd be super attracted to anyone. If the same group were dressed in a more "western" style, that may change.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:34 AM

634 posts, read 903,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
What do you think of people who refuse to date outside their races? will you call them racist?
Depends on HOW they say it. Some folks just have their preferences. If they cant even entertain the mere thought of dating outside of their race then I'd say they are more ignorant/stupid/closed minded than anything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships