Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 07:39 PM

525 posts, read 1,851,125 times

Advertisements

Join a support group for wives of police officers-I think it will be very helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2011, 07:49 PM

2 posts, read 1,151 times
I agree it is true bliss!!!!!! I let my husband think I am miserable without him. You know it builds him in the area of feeling needed... then, when he is gone I breathe... and I mean breathe..... I keep dishes
dirty and I throw stuff around. I take our dog to the Park and smile at other men and greet them.
I don't clean a thing until the very last day... I eat whatever and have a drink or 2! I laugh at how he thinks I am sad. Sorry, but it's good for him. Since, I wanted him to change careers and he doesn't seem to really care for his. Then, I do stuff like go shopping,bars and movies. When he comes home I say, " Oh gees it was soooo darn boring with out you.. I hate that you have to travel I missed you soo.. much! So did our dog!" He smiles and feels good and everyone wins! Yes, wins!

Old 10-30-2011, 07:56 PM

2 posts, read 1,151 times
Yes, everyone wins! Women need to do for themselves and enjoy life. If you have children get out to the Zoo, Park,video game places.. have a BLAST!!! Your husband when traveling eats great meals, drinks,laughs and has a good time! Yes, he is miserable going to the meetings or working but he does try to have fun when he can! Why should you sit there and feel sorry for yourself and be miserable! Your hubbie will not change! Trust me I have waited 7 very long years! I decided forget this it's time to get out and meet folks and have a blast! I don't need to tell my husband! No I"m not cheating! I am out talking and being an adult! Living life to the fullest without being depressed or sad! If my husband really cared he would quit this stupid line of work and find a job where he doesn't need to travel away from his family! He obviously puts his life and himself first! So, do the same take your Q as they say and get out there and start living your life!!!! It is the only life you have isn't it!!!!! GOOOO.. HAVE A GOOD TIME AND MAKE YOUR LIFE BETTER AND HEALTHIER!!!!!!!!! If you meet someone you really like and want to be friends with,etc.. you can introduce them to your hubbie. Just say, " Oh you were traveling we met at the Starbucks down the street"!! Get it! It's what your husband would do! HE does want you to be happy and not nag him for traveling and working. He is trying to give you the best life right? Well go and grab yourself a great life while you still can! YOU never know what tomorrow will bring!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-30-2011, 08:50 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,417,042 times
I understand how you feel. I have spent my adult life dating military guys or being married to one. Most men I date would be in the state a year and gone the next. Same thing with friends. My ex husband was gone every 3 months. He would be gone 3, 6,9 and sometimes 15 months. It was difficult so when he came home he worked 14-16 hours a day and traveled around the country at least 1week every month plus going out of state to see his son every month. We spent a lot of time on the phone or mad at each other because we didn't get a chance to know each other or spend time together. I had so many military friends and wives around but it's not the same as having your husband there.

Now that we are divorced its hasn't changed and he doesn't see our daughter that much but it is what it is. I hope you can try to work through it. Maybe talk to him about asking for a different shift or reduce hours of about 8 hours a day. I know it's not that simple but it's worth trying because you don't want to build up resentment over time.

Old 10-30-2011, 09:49 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,025,676 times
Your husband's a revenue generator? Disgusting.

And yes, I know this is an ancient (by Internet standards) thread but I just had to express my dislike for law enforcement.

Old 10-30-2011, 10:13 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,783,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarastomsgirl View Post
I enjoy it more when he's not here as opposed to here.
Why are you feeling like this?

Old 10-30-2011, 10:56 PM

1,960 posts, read 4,661,656 times
Well this would all be great if life was Burger f^&*in King, but it isn't...you can't always have it your way. If nobody elected to do the hard jobs of this grey life we live in, nothing would get done. To penalize these men and women for doing what others choose not to do, beyond having chosen to pursue such vocation that is, is beyond disconnected.

As a military member I recognize I've married the job to a great extent. What do you all prefer we do? Quit and go sell donuts or hit the unemployment line in hip city usa where everybody likes to live and date? home nice and early at 5:30pm? Jesus. Don't be with people with demanding jobs if your hedonism is so chronic....Ah but that would be a sacrifice in it of itself [limiting your dating pool] and we couldn't limit ourselves now could we? Life is after all Burger King...

Old 10-30-2011, 11:44 PM

2,037 posts, read 2,989,085 times
I think the people advocating that she leave her husband are dispensing some fowl advice. She should be loyal and stick by her husband while he serves the public with his chosen vocation.

Perhaps not the OP, but many a reason reason why their husbands are slaving away is to keep the ol' lady happy with her toys. As mentioned earlier, the cops with families and/or expensive toys are the ones that have to work all the time to stay above water.

Police and firefighting jobs are very good work and provide great benefits; they should be happy that have such a good job in this economy.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:42 AM

2,650 posts, read 3,011,287 times
A 2 year plus old thread. You must have felt compelled to the extreme to comment Matisse. You are not cheating but smiling and greeting males at the park? lol How long do you think that is going to last before you decide to take the next step? The love is gone and what comes next wont be pretty but at least you will both be able to start over and perhaps find love again since you clearly have given up on what you have now. I find your post sad. It is not much of a relationship when you look forward to and are happy when your partner is gone. Good luck girl.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:44 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,262,835 times
Dead thread walking!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships