Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 04:58 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,357,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Because they hit on anyone? I get approached by hot men too so I don't care that these other guys approach me.
Oh Lord. I know you did not just say that. I don't know how many times you have behaved like certain men are just below you and have no right approaching you even though you've made it very clear what man you are looking for.

How can you sit there and say you don't care they approach you?

Maybe because you are standing and not sitting? I think one day I may lose my mind with these threads but they are so darned entertaining!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2013, 05:21 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times
As much as I find the OP verging a little on the obsessive, the man she's talking about is simply a loser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Many people stay on thse sites for years. I have seen the same men on there over and over.
We have at least one classic example who posts here regularly. For close to five years now he's created thread after thread about his constant dilemmas finding women to date on internet sites. On a very rare occasion he'll get a first date but never gets a second. He badmouths women incessantly (he's SO a misogynist!), is so picky he makes Felix Unger seem perfectly normal but just about every spare moment is taken up searching all over looking for that "perfect" woman. I've no doubt he'll still be creating the same old threads after I'm six feet under. Actually, given the OP's description of this man ...

Quote:
I think one day I may lose my mind with these threads but they are so darned entertaining!
How true. Entertainment of the highest form!

Old 01-15-2013, 09:36 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,358 times
Everyone I know who has an online profile has had one for at least a year. In fact, one of my friends told me not too long ago that I needed to try again and not give up after a month like I usually do but instead had to give it a minimum of a year. I'm seeing some of the same profiles on Match that were there last time I tried it a year ago. When I tried OKC for the second time last year, I was contacted by someone I'd been contacted by when I tried it the first time 2 years prior.

I think the biggest issue with online dating is figuring out how to spot the fake profiles. I haven't checked my Match account for several days and am willing to bet if I don't do it soon, I will get a wink in the middle of the night from someone with no picture who hasn't filled out their interests or what they are looking for in a match. The system will see I haven't been active and will send a fake wink to lure me back in.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:18 AM

2,186 posts, read 2,919,841 times
Quote:
Wondering why you even care if you're glad he didn't respond.
Exactly. OP, you complain that he doesn't give you a chance, then you talk about how he's not "all that," and list reasons why you don't like him. Well, which is it?

Either way, you're apparently not what he's looking for, so it's time to move on. Whatever he's doing on the dating site, it's his business, not yours. If he's too picky, and doesn't find what he's looking for, that's his problem, not yours.

And, as others are saying, it's perfectly normal to be on dating websites for years, since that's a normal way people date these days, and most people date for years.

It sounds like you're having trouble getting over this guy, which is fine, but call it what it is.

Old 01-15-2013, 11:59 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,357,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
Exactly. OP, you complain that he doesn't give you a chance, then you talk about how he's not "all that," and list reasons why you don't like him. Well, which is it?

Either way, you're apparently not what he's looking for, so it's time to move on. Whatever he's doing on the dating site, it's his business, not yours. If he's too picky, and doesn't find what he's looking for, that's his problem, not yours.

And, as others are saying, it's perfectly normal to be on dating websites for years, since that's a normal way people date these days, and most people date for years.

It sounds like you're having trouble getting over this guy, which is fine, but call it what it is.
This is a great post. You know, we don't normally find who we are looking for right away, and sometimes go back to the same site a few years later. I am the first person my SO talked to and the only one he ever went on a date with. We starting going out and he deleted his account.

I know I was on Yahoo singles I think it was called, which then turned to Match. One man that I went on a few dates with 2-3 years prior was back on there again with the title Carpe Diem. Well, he was a jerk when I dated him so every time I see that term, I think of him and my stomach turns.

You know what the thing with all of this is, OP? If you saw someone several years prior, that means you were also there several years prior. Is every one wondering why your mug is back up? Just because you weren't someones cup of tea does not mean they have some ulterior motives and are on there just for sex and pretending they want marriage.

Many of the ones that are out for sex will let you know about it right away. Then you say no, and every couple of weeks they will come back around. There was one who was on mine all the time doing that. I bet if I opened it back up, he would be there again.....

They are probably thinking of how rude you were to them and thinking, OMG, There she is again.

Some of these people may be serial daters, and that is ok as well, it is their business.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:49 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
Quote:
Oh Lord. I know you did not just say that. I don't know how many times you have behaved like certain men are just below you and have no right approaching you even though you've made it very clear what man you are looking for.

How can you sit there and say you don't care they approach you?

Maybe because you are standing and not sitting? I think one day I may lose my mind with these threads but they are so darned entertaining!
I've gotten approached sitting, standing and walking so not sure what you mean. Sure, I have standards, why wouldn't I? everyone should have standards and of course I prefer a good looking man over an ugly one assuming everything else is equal.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:03 PM

48,521 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I've gotten approached sitting, standing and walking so not sure what you mean. Sure, I have standards, why wouldn't I? everyone should have standards and of course I prefer a good looking man over an ugly one assuming everything else is equal.
And the guy who didn't respond? He had standards also.

So why all the fuss? You think he should have wanted to date you, but he didn't. It could have been for any number of reasons.

If your dating ALL these other guys who are approaching you, why worry about some guy you don't even know?

Old 01-15-2013, 01:13 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,919,841 times
Quote:
This is a great post. You know, we don't normally find who we are looking for right away, and sometimes go back to the same site a few years later.
Not only that, but some people might stick with a site for a long time if it's working for them. Not everyone is on dating sites to find "the one." Some are on them to date.

If you saw someone several years prior, that means you were also there several years prior. Is every one wondering why your mug is back up? [/quote]

Yes, I had this thought as well when reading the OP, though I left it out of my initial response. It's an important point.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:27 PM

Yes I was on there years ago but only recently did I un hide my profile. I hid it again as I realize POF is a waste.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
And the guy who didn't respond? He had standards also.

So why all the fuss? You think he should have wanted to date you, but he didn't. It could have been for any number of reasons.

If your dating ALL these other guys who are approaching you, why worry about some guy you don't even know?
I'm not, I just think it's funny that he is still on and has been on apparently the whole time. The reason I know is because I have seen him post there and have seen his profile pop up from time to time. I don't care that he rejected me because I am far better looking and thinner than him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships