Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2013, 07:42 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,987,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Was this Custer's last stand? At 4:42, today? I missed this one, due to all the excitement on the other thread.
Which thread?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2013, 08:25 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
95% of guys I know who have a girlfriend just get lucky about it. They mainly meet somebody through friends or a co-worker or something. I don't think I know any guy who has a consistent stream of women who are interested in him...and I have a good number of friends who are very handsome/friendly/likable

How the hell do guys date multiple girls at a time? Do they just go out and start cold approaching every girl in sight knowing that they're going to get rejected the overwhelming majority of the time?

Aren't most women very defensive and completely disinterested when it comes to meeting men that are not in their most immediate social circle?
For the most part its all about looks and money.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:34 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
Which thread?
One of brahma's threads. They deleted it. You missed the sit-com.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:37 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,703,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
One of brahma's threads. They deleted it. You missed the sit-com.
Yeah they deleted it,then theu deleted him

Old 01-18-2013, 08:51 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
brahmabull117
Not a member
brahmabull, we hardly knew ye...

Old 01-18-2013, 09:20 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
brahmabull, we hardly knew ye...
Come on, he was part of the cast. This is the most colorful sub-forum on CD.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:41 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,483,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
95% of guys I know who have a girlfriend just get lucky about it. They mainly meet somebody through friends or a co-worker or something. I don't think I know any guy who has a consistent stream of women who are interested in him...and I have a good number of friends who are very handsome/friendly/likable

How the hell do guys date multiple girls at a time? Do they just go out and start cold approaching every girl in sight knowing that they're going to get rejected the overwhelming majority of the time?

Aren't most women very defensive and completely disinterested when it comes to meeting men that are not in their most immediate social circle?
Players do not hit on random women. Players seek out women who are needy or naive, insecure or inexperienced. Players see male/female relationships as predator/prey interactions. They enjoy being able to fool and humiliate women, and seek out women who are vulnerable to manipulation. Players actually hate women. Players behave as they do at least as much for ego gratification as for sexual gratification. They accept a narrative of manliness that requires "real men" to be forever on the prowl, always looking for the next sexual opportunity. They do it to impress themselves and their males peer, from whom they desperately need approval.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:51 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,431,950 times
This is sexist, as if only men are promiscuous. But the ones who are, are of of the same mindset as loose women: Because they are single and wish to remain that way. Many either lack the courage to share their additional pursuits or simply dont wish to contend with the confrontation. Is it dishonest hurtful or selfish? Sure. But also part of the dating game when you swim with sharks. Not pretty. Sorry. But part of the self-indulgent landscape called single life.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:51 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Players do not hit on random women. Players seek out women who are needy or naive, insecure or inexperienced. Players see male/female relationships as predator/prey interactions. They enjoy being able to fool and humiliate women, and seek out women who are vulnerable to manipulation. Players actually hate women. Players behave as they do at least as much for ego gratification as for sexual gratification. They accept a narrative of manliness that requires "real men" to be forever on the prowl, always looking for the next sexual opportunity. They do it to impress themselves and their males peer, from whom they desperately need approval.
This is a really interesting post, some of which I agree with ... and some of which I don't agree with.

I think some like women, but just don't analyze why they're doing it. They're not processing it fully. They will ideally get past that stage. Some players stop playing, and settle down. Sometimes, they do it just because they can. Some players don't even have to "play" that much. Some women make themselves available. I'm thinking of one beautiful girl I went to college with who "couldn't help herself" and slept with anyone who met her fairly high standards. She also had a problem with keeping her marriages intact.

Then, as you say, that validation is exactly what's going on. It's validation that women find them attractive, and their self-worth depends on it. It is a pat on one's back, and a desire to be patted on the back from one's peers. I've known people who were forever on the prowl, and their stories were interesting, but they had a one-track mind.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:02 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
I don't like the term "player."

That term assumes that the guy is playing games with girls (ie: lying) to get them into bed when that's the furthest thing from the truth. Just because a guy is promiscuis doesn't mean that he's tricking girls.

Girls like sex too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships