Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 11:06 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,702,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
My late husband was one of the most intelligent, well-spoken, interesting people I've ever met and he wasn't college educated. Tried it, but it wasn't for him. I've also worked with college graduates who are complete morons.
thats them, but just because a guy wants a girl to have a degree, doesn't mean that they want to live off of said girl haha

Old 01-20-2013, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by napy666 View Post
I'm 25 years old never have lived on my own and I know most 20 something's do live on their own if not their own apartment they have their own house by themselves. If not some who live with friends or a roomate all paying for rent.

I had told my best friend how I wanted my own apartment and my friend tells me "Why would you want your own place if you have it good at home? You have everything you could need for free - if you live out there you gota pay for everything".

I am an only child still living at home with both my parents. But come on at my age my mom had her own place, license, car, and job. I'm 25 and no job except my free magazine writing's, no license or car, and no place of my own.

I also know guys when it comes to dating expect a girl who has everything in order like these things. I got nothing going for me how will a guy like me if I got nothing to offer them? Yea I'm very loving and caring and stuff but ya know what I mean.

What to do?
What to do? How about go to school and get your license?
I would NEVER date a woman that didn't have a license and was 25. That just screams red flag, couple that with the fact that you still live at home and don't have a job and it seems like you are just going to be a child forever that some man will have to take care of. Just like women don't want guys with the "Peter Pan Syndrome", men don't want a woman that will just be more of a drain and burden than actually contribute to the household. I stayed at home until my mid twenties and then moved out and finished my bachelor's. It's not so bad that you are living at home, its that you are not doing anything with your life that's a turn off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanp219 View Post
Another idiot? lol
Let's see if there's a third...lol
Well I guess the third time is the charm because here I am. You come off as very arrogant and if I was the hiring manager and detected that in you(I am somewhat intuitive), then I would hire anyone, but you. Maybe you will have an advantage in NY since I guess that is where you are from, but you are also competing with thousands of other people. If you decide to leave NYC, you will be in for a shock as being from NY does not grant anyone privledges over anyone else. Also, wanting to stay home until you are 30 is not attractive either. I don't know of many women that would date a guy like that..js

Old 01-20-2013, 11:14 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound_of_Reason View Post
thats them, but just because a guy wants a girl to have a degree, doesn't mean that they want to live off of said girl haha
I have a couple of guy friends who won't date a girl if she didn't go to college. One told me he could see me "dating down" meaning I'd be willing to date someone who didn't have a degree. To me, that's not dating down. Now, someone who couldn't carry on an intelligent conversation, regardless of educational status would be dating down.

As with everything else in dating, it's just a matter of preference.

Old 01-20-2013, 11:20 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,920,148 times

Old 01-20-2013, 11:22 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,043,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanp219 View Post
Another idiot? lol
Let's see if there's a third...lol
Right. Clearly you're qualified to call me an idiot. You don't have a real job, you live at home, and you have a learner's permit. Plus you run your mouth on an internet forum with absolutely nothing to back up the crap you say. Cool. You sound like a real catch. While you might be hot sh*t in NYC, you'd be cold diarrhea anywhere else.

Old 01-20-2013, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yep... people get all snobby about college... all college means is that you were able to sit in class and regurgitate enough info to drop down on a test and be able to pass.... memorization, if you will....
You went to a bad college if they emphasized regurgitation over critical thinking.

Old 01-20-2013, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
While you might be hot sh*t in NYC
Trust me, I know New Yorkers. If we're not impressed by him there's no way in hell they are.

Old 01-20-2013, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
Trust me, I know New Yorkers, and if we're not impressed by him there's no way in hell they are.
Haha...awesome

Old 01-20-2013, 11:38 PM

757 posts, read 1,103,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound_of_Reason View Post
What to do? How about go to school and get your license?
I would NEVER date a woman that didn't have a license and was 25. That just screams red flag, couple that with the fact that you still live at home and don't have a job and it seems like you are just going to be a child forever that some man will have to take care of. Just like women don't want guys with the "Peter Pan Syndrome", men don't want a woman that will just be more of a drain and burden than actually contribute to the household. I stayed at home until my mid twenties and then moved out and finished my bachelor's. It's not so bad that you are living at home, its that you are not doing anything with your life that's a turn off.

Well I guess the third time is the charm because here I am. You come off as very arrogant and if I was the hiring manager and detected that in you(I am somewhat intuitive), then I would hire anyone, but you. Maybe you will have an advantage in NY since I guess that is where you are from, but you are also competing with thousands of other people. If you decide to leave NYC, you will be in for a shock as being from NY does not grant anyone privledges over anyone else. Also, wanting to stay home until you are 30 is not attractive either. I don't know of many women that would date a guy like that..js
Well, I've been with my woman for 2 years so...there goes that lol.

Oh, maybe you should come to New York City, and see if you can go to school full-time, while having a job that can pay for everything, you can't. Please find someone who has done that, and if you do, it's because they're on housing or, they have a roommate.

Until you live in New York City, as a student (who isn't dorming), who goes to school full-time, don't speak.

You should look at the link below, New York is #5 among state who have the most young adults living with their parents...

The 10 Cities With The Most Young Adults Living With Their Parents - Business Insider

Oh, and according to the article, "The median income for young adults is $28,000. Seven percent of them are unemployed, and 70 percent of them are unmarried" in New York.

Let's see you live in New York with that kind of income.

Old 01-20-2013, 11:44 PM

757 posts, read 1,103,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
Right. Clearly you're qualified to call me an idiot. You don't have a real job, you live at home, and you have a learner's permit. Plus you run your mouth on an internet forum with absolutely nothing to back up the crap you say. Cool. You sound like a real catch. While you might be hot sh*t in NYC, you'd be cold diarrhea anywhere else.
Who needs a license, when the subway is right there? lol
Plus, gas prices are too high, I rather budget my money for bills, or other things I need to purchase.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships