Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 07:08 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,919,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-AT28 View Post
Cute Wyo, any other opionated advice you wanna give cause in case you haven't noticed, Obama killed the economy and job market
Were you alive and awake in 2008? The economy and job market crashed before Obama took office, and have been on a slow recovery since then. I'm not blaming Bush for the crash or crediting Obama for the recovery, I'm just saying that's the order things happened, so you can't say Obama killed the economy, unless you think he did it as a junior U.S. senator from Illinois.

Last edited by Plzeň; 01-19-2013 at 07:21 PM..

Old 01-19-2013, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by napy666 View Post
And whats wrong with living at home with my parents for another 30 years?
You said in your first post that you want your own apartment. You can't do that while also living with your parents, unless they're moving into your apartment with you.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
Guys that want you to have everything together just want that so they can live off of you.
Wrong. It's not that they want to live off of you, it's that they don't want you to live off of them. The same is true if you reverse the genders.

People who do things with their lives aren't attracted to people who don't.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:30 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,449,008 times
Quote:

What to do?
Since you've stated before you have anxiety issues, my suggestion would be to try to find a job that allows you to work from home. Until you can financially support yourself-even with roommates-there's really not much else you can do. Another reason to consider this is if something happens to your parents while you are still single, how are you going to survive financially?

Old 01-19-2013, 10:54 PM

313 posts, read 664,423 times
Quote:
I'm 25 years old never have lived on my own and I know most 20 something's do live on their own if not their own apartment they have their own house by themselves. If not some who live with friends or a roomate all paying for rent.

I had told my best friend how I wanted my own apartment and my friend tells me "Why would you want your own place if you have it good at home? You have everything you could need for free - if you live out there you gota pay for everything".

I am an only child still living at home with both my parents. But come on at my age my mom had her own place, license, car, and job. I'm 25 and no job except my free magazine writing's, no license or car, and no place of my own.

I also know guys when it comes to dating expect a girl who has everything in order like these things. I got nothing going for me how will a guy like me if I got nothing to offer them? Yea I'm very loving and caring and stuff but ya know what I mean.

What to do?

I've been working since I was 10. I moved out of my parent's house when I was 16. You can't depend on your parents all the time.

Old 01-19-2013, 11:07 PM

106 posts, read 193,209 times
First off, if you're going to do anything do it for you, not to make yourself more appealing to a guy.

I would work on getting a license and vehicle first. You're going to need transportation to get to and from work every day, unless you can take public transportation or get a ride from someone. Then I would find a job. What about college, have you considered that? An education is very important these days and if you are able to do it, I would highly recommend going back to school (although I have no room to talk, I went one year and took a year off.. which turned into 3 years off lol)

I'm in a similar boat, though. I have the license, vehicle and job thing down but I am living at home as well and I really want to move out, but I'm not making enough to do so. So, now I have to go through the aggravating job searching process again, which isn't an easy feat since I live in a high unemployment rate area.
Good luck to you and your endeavors to move on with your life. There is so much out there, and I think it's good to get out from ma and pa's thumb and experience things independently.

Old 01-19-2013, 11:44 PM

757 posts, read 1,102,978 times
Times are hard out here, and im from New York where the rent is really high. I'm 22, just got my Associate's degree and I'm not moving out of my mom's house till I'm 30, or whenever I get my life together. Alot of people here probably live in rural areas and don't have to worry about the rent being so damn high.
It's easy for some people to say, not so easy for them to understand.

Old 01-20-2013, 02:53 AM

2,135 posts, read 4,272,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanp219 View Post
Times are hard out here, and im from New York where the rent is really high. I'm 22, just got my Associate's degree and I'm not moving out of my mom's house till I'm 30, or whenever I get my life together. Alot of people here probably live in rural areas and don't have to worry about the rent being so damn high.
It's easy for some people to say, not so easy for them to understand.
Save the money since you live at home then move out of NYC. Unless your making bank your life will always suck and be poor in NYC. Seriously get out of that place.

Old 01-20-2013, 05:16 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,678,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-AT28 View Post
Cute Wyo, any other opionated advice you wanna give cause in case you haven't noticed, Obama killed the economy and job market
Another hackneyed opinion based on misinformation and an inability to see anything but hats with teabags dangling from their brims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
Were you alive and awake in 2008? The economy and job market crashed before Obama took office, and have been on a slow recovery since then. I'm not blaming Bush for the crash or crediting Obama for the recovery, I'm just saying that's the order things happened, so you can't say Obama killed the economy, unless you think he did it as a junior U.S. senator from Illinois.
I'm assuming alive but obviously more concerned with more important matters than boooring politics (but Fox News is tuned into every evening so we can stay "eddicated") - like the last one standing on "Survivor".

Old 01-20-2013, 11:50 AM

11,103 posts, read 9,746,390 times
Napy, I would never be interested in even dating someone with so little ambition or independence. I have definitely stopped seeing someone when I realized that they were incapable of sustaining a normal adult lifestyle.

I feel sorry for your parents. They probably thought you'd be up and out of the house when you were 18 or went off to college. Now they are stuck with someone sponging off them indefinitely. If I were them I'd "help" you develop some sort of plan for the future by giving you some non-negotiable deadlines to get off your butt, get a job, and get moved out.

You ask "what to do?" 1) Start by finding a job you can walk, ride a bike, or take a bus to. 2) Go to that job daily and work hard 3) Save up enough money to get an apartment with a roommate 4) grow up and take care of yourself.

Best of luck to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships