Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 11:15 PM

223 posts, read 434,235 times

Advertisements

Much better. He doesn't GET to dictate the rules. You should have some say in this, and not kowtow to his demands. Because, that's what they are: demands. You need to tell him in your text that this needs to be discussed. Now. Not on the 24th, but right now. If he can't/won't do that, then this relationship needs to be over.

Stand up for yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2013, 11:18 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,636,727 times
It's not like he's going to change.

(he didn't for his son)

Old 01-19-2013, 11:21 PM

633 posts, read 723,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
You act like you want to fight for this. That is a mistake.

You don't owe him any explanation either if you pass on him. In fact, I'd discourage any discussion about it.
You saying he is not worth fighting for? So you saying I should not even try to discuss things with him? Why you say that? I don't know if I'm just blinded by love coz I don't see why most of you are so against him.

Quote:
It's not like he's going to change.

(he didn't for his son)
Why did you say that? He told me he does not want to divorce his wife. He even suggested an outside help but his wife refused. She was the one who left him. Not the other way around.

Old 01-19-2013, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaindrive View Post
Much better. He doesn't GET to dictate the rules. You should have some say in this, and not kowtow to his demands. Because, that's what they are: demands. You need to tell him in your text that this needs to be discussed. Now. Not on the 24th, but right now. If he can't/won't do that, then this relationship needs to be over.

Stand up for yourself.
I dunno why he is being labeled the 'dictator'. If he is really a dictator then he will demand/force me to sleep with him anytime he wants. But no. He has always been very respectful on that part. He definitely does not get his way every time. I dictate if I want to sleep with him or not. Even if he wants to, he does not force me to if I don't want to. I have proof to those few times I am at his place and when I spent the weekend at his place.

Last edited by angelinajolie; 01-19-2013 at 11:38 PM..

Old 01-19-2013, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelinajolie View Post
You saying he is not worth fighting for? So you saying I should not even try to discuss things with him? Why you say that? I don't know if I'm just blinded by love coz I don't see why most of you are so against him.

Why did you say that? He told me he does not want to divorce his wife. He even suggested an outside help but his wife refused. She was the one who left him. Not the other way around.
Wait, he's still married?

If so, I'm out of this.

Old 01-19-2013, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Wait, he's still married?

If so, I'm out of this.
NO! LOL. They have been divorced for 16 years and he is still hurting from it.

Old 01-19-2013, 11:38 PM

Quote:
I dunno why he is being labeled the 'dictator'. If he is really a dictator then he will force me to sleep with him anytime he wants. But no. He has always been very respectful on that part. He definitely does not get his way every time. I dictate if I want to sleep with him or not. Even if he wants to, he does not force me to if I don't want to. I have proof to those few times I am at his place and when I spent the weekend at his place.
That's not a dictator, that's an abuser.

He's dictating the rules here. The only rule you've ever had was not sleeping with him, and my guess is he's trying to break that rule by promising to marry you.

Old 01-19-2013, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaindrive View Post
That's not a dictator, that's an abuser.

He's dictating the rules here. The only rule you've ever had was not sleeping with him, and my guess is he's trying to break that rule by promising to marry you.
What?!! How is that an abuser? Wow. We already slept together. Because well I want to. But the 2nd night, he want to again but, I was not in the mood so he didn't get any. LOL. Well we cuddled.

How is that an abuser?

Old 01-19-2013, 11:44 PM

Quote:
NO! LOL. They have been divorced for 16 years and he is still hurting from it.
If you're going to feel sorry for him about his emotional baggage then you need to do it all the way and stop asking about red flags. If you're going to note the problems, then do that all the way too. We can't fight your battles for you, especially when you want to sit on the fence.

I have a friend who does this. She wastes hours and hours of my time going in circles but now I know right away when she's doing that.

Old 01-19-2013, 11:46 PM

"Forcing" you to sleep with him anytime he wants isn't an abuser? Really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships