Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 10:18 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
Instead of focusing on the negatives, being weird or whatever it may be, you should turn that around and focus on the positives. What are your good qualities? What do you like about yourself? What do you have to offer a woman in a relationship?
Exactly. And, hone that uniqueness. If you are funny, be funny. If you have interests, spend time honing those skills, attending functions or gatherings specific to those interests. That will increase the odds that you'll find other with similar interests. That is what real relationships are made of...Find people like you...Not people you like. You'll be ok...just be you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 12:18 PM

4,761 posts, read 14,288,731 times
Please list the things you say or do which you consider to be "weird".

Old 01-20-2013, 01:41 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times
People who talk about being too weird tend to be too self-involved, and that is the real reason they repel potential mates. It is no different than if the thread said, "Am I too beautiful" or "Am I too smart" - it's taking a personal attribute and elevating it as something so special other people can't handle it. Stop focusing on yourself so much, and instead use some of that time to focus on the people you meet.

Old 01-20-2013, 02:01 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,774,203 times
Weird=interesting

Old 01-20-2013, 02:40 PM

647 posts, read 1,523,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Kramer got a LOT of hot women. Did you actully watch the show? Maybe you could earn something from him. He had a ton of confidence and was 100% happy with himself.
Yeah but he never had a long term relationship.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:17 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Or maybe focus on why you are "weird"? I had undiagnosed ADD - didn't even suspect until my mid-20s. Once I studied up on it, I realized what many of my more "offputting" habits were and worked on correcting them. I'm pretty social now. My dating life isn't always great, but I'm surrounded by friends. Oh, and if you're "weird," you should totally get a part-time gig in a bookstore. That's where all the fun weird people work. Trust me on this
What if you're only SLIGHTLY weird ... and not at all granola?

As for the OP, it reduces your pool, but doesn't eliminate it. The other thing is that people might say "well, find a similarly weird girl." The reality is that guys are weird in one way and girls are weird in another, so it's not always as smooth a match as one might envision.

Old 01-20-2013, 07:53 PM

647 posts, read 1,523,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
As for the OP, it reduces your pool, but doesn't eliminate it. The other thing is that people might say "well, find a similarly weird girl." The reality is that guys are weird in one way and girls are weird in another, so it's not always as smooth a match as one might envision.
Exactly. I feel like some people are so weird that there's no possible match for them.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:55 PM

260 posts, read 473,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon22 View Post
Exactly. I feel like some people are so weird that there's no possible match for them.
I bet there is somewhere out in the wide world, but the problem is there's no guarantee they will meet that compatible person/people.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:02 PM

127 posts, read 154,754 times
Quote:
Or is that just another excuse? I know there's weird girls out there too, but I feel like some people are so weird that there's no match for them. And the whole "you just need to find the right girl/guy" excuse doesn't apply to these kind of people. A few people have said I resemble from Kramer from Seinfeld. I know he's a fictional character, but as you know if you watch the show, he was perpetually single and in my opinion it was due to his weirdness. So what do you guys think?
Most people don't like things that aren't mainstream.

People that aren't mainstream in looks, height, interests, finances, etc. have a significant disadvantage.

For guys though, personality matters the most. So having a non-mainstream personality is a HUGE disadvantage. Sorry, but that's the truth.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:04 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
I've actually known a lot of people like this in my life, including one of my Uncles and a few older friends. They're just...odd, and none of them have been in a long term relationship or married and I believe it's mostly because of their habits and hobbies.

Is there someone out there for everyone? Probably not. But I do think most people will find someone who is just as weird as they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships