Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2014, 07:50 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
menopause happens at what age again? 40?
Everyone is different. Some as young as 42 and some mid 40's to 50.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2014, 10:24 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
And some mid-fifties. The women in my family tend to go through menopause over 50.

Old 06-26-2014, 10:45 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Oh let them have their fantasy thread. We get this kind of bash older women every couple of months, high time to just leave them at themselves.
Hahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ34 View Post
They all lose their looks eventually. But some do get lucky, at least initially, with finding a meal ticket or an awesome guy.
You know, there are some women who are beautiful and successful AND married to awesome guys - AND who are still attractive for their whole lives! Oh no!!! Say it ain't so!!!

Old 06-27-2014, 04:22 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Note to self: finish building man cave for a place to hide.

Old 06-27-2014, 07:41 AM

957 posts, read 1,060,282 times
Wouldn't bother me. I've met a few 40 year olds I'd date!

For the most part though, I think we're on different wavelengths in life. I prefer dating women that are 25-34

Old 06-27-2014, 08:28 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,840,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firecross View Post
This is the concept known as "The Wall."

This goes for most women, not all, some women do age well but the vast majority do not. Women are at the height of sexual power from 18-35 years old. In the sexual market value economy, women start out with very high sexual value but fade early.

A man starts out with a low sexual market value but continues to increase as time goes on. Men age much better than women do in the long run. This is the reason why long ago it was in a woman's best interest to be married by an early age. As a woman ages past 35, it becomes increasingly more dangerous to have kids per year after 35.

This is where the whole "biological clock" or "baby rabies" comes in. This is why women will opt to settle down with a man she wouldn't have ever considered dating at 20 to 25 because "he's not exciting." A woman who hits the wall has limited options as opposed to a woman who is 18-24.
Quote:
This "Wall" seems like a great equalizer, a karma-based revenge that takes young, attractive, self-centered and cocky women and knocks them down several notches -- makes them mortal, if you will. Granted, there are many young, attractive women that are probably not self-centered and cocky and who don't misuse or abuse their social/sexual power, but there are many who do. And for those who do, age is a great equalizer! If they don't land a successful guy or meal ticket by the time they hit the wall -- Good night Irene!!!

Oh, wow.

First, how old are you guys? Ya know, I think that if you're going to post comments denigrating the appearances of women over the age of 35 or 40, then you should at least be willing to post pictures of yourselves as examples of - gawd, here goes - how much better men age. I'm assuming you guys are tall, with thick, full heads of hair, and have the chiseled features and physiques of Greek gods (you must, because guys only get better with age, of course ).

Listen, if this is honestly how you feel about women who have the nerve and gall to age past the age of 35, then I HIGHLY recommend that both of you (or any other guy who feels similarly) avoid marriage. After all, why on earth would a woman want to be married to a man who feels this way about her? Really, you're not doing any woman any favors by marrying her, and apparently, you wouldn't be doing yourselves any favors, either. I mean, once a woman hits 35, the clock doesn't stop. She WILL continue to age (yikes!).

And as for having kids, well, this is 2014. There are MANY options to having families that don't necessitate marriage.

STAY SINGLE. Please.

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 06-27-2014 at 08:39 AM..

Old 06-27-2014, 09:12 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
I'm 26 year old guy with a 33 year old. Not quite 10 years, but it really doesn't bother me. I put more emphasis on how well I get along and how hot she is than the actual age.

People who think women lose their looks after 30 are just idiots, many women look BETTER in their 30s and 40s... those are the ones to look for when you have a long term relationship.. not the one that was hot at 21 and will probably lose her looks in her late 20s

Old 06-27-2014, 09:21 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,840,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I'm 26 year old guy with a 33 year old. Not quite 10 years, but it really doesn't bother me. I put more emphasis on how well I get along and how hot she is than the actual age.

People who think women lose their looks after 30 are just idiots, many women look BETTER in their 30s and 40s... those are the ones to look for when you have a long term relationship.. not the one that was hot at 21 and will probably lose her looks in her late 20s

My goodness. YOU sound like an actual grown-up (at 26 years of age), burgler.

According to many guys on these threads, though, your girlfriend couldn't POSSIBLY be attractive, let alone "hot" at the ripe old age of 33.

Old 06-27-2014, 09:29 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,177,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post

This is how it should be perceived....
But then again, not every guy is at this level of maturity in their 20's

Quote:
A lot of guys in college are overweight with receding hairlines, so that's not something only relative to older guys.
Lmfao-- this is also true....seriously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
And what happens if they don't lose their looks - or they do find an awesome guy to spend their lives with?

If they don't lose their looks??
It's pretty cool, actually....
The amount of guys who ask me out IRL is certainly not lessening....
I actually enjoy the boldness, the innovative ways they seek me out....
(Since I don't do online dating, lol)

Old 06-27-2014, 09:35 AM

2,209 posts, read 2,317,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Oh, wow.

First, how old are you guys? Ya know, I think that if you're going to post comments denigrating the appearances of women over the age of 35 or 40, then you should at least be willing to post pictures of yourselves as examples of - gawd, here goes - how much better men age. I'm assuming you guys are tall, with thick, full heads of hair, and have the chiseled features and physiques of Greek gods (you must, because guys only get better with age, of course ).

Listen, if this is honestly how you feel about women who have the nerve and gall to age past the age of 35, then I HIGHLY recommend that both of you (or any other guy who feels similarly) avoid marriage. After all, why on earth would a woman want to be married to a man who feels this way about her? Really, you're not doing any woman any favors by marrying her, and apparently, you wouldn't be doing yourselves any favors, either. I mean, once a woman hits 35, the clock doesn't stop. She WILL continue to age (yikes!).

And as for having kids, well, this is 2014. There are MANY options to having families that don't necessitate marriage.

STAY SINGLE. Please.
No offense intended with my previous post. I was simply saying how age has a way of humbling the most self-centered, ego-driven women. And how for women, how advancing age tends to hit harder (and be more of a problem) than it is for men. And I never said I was anything extraordinary or was any Greek God. I'm not. But I don't have to be in order to have an opinion about a particular subject.
Of course we all age. I'm 39. But like it or not, age does tend to creep up on women faster and hit them harder than it does men. It's simple biology/physiology: involving, among other things, skin thickness, differences in collagen/elastin, testosterone/hormonal differences, muscle mass, etc. Of course, there are exceptions: there are women who age very well and men who degrade early. That's true in many cases, but that is not the norm.

And I stand by what I said in my original post: it's satisfying to see a woman who used and abused her looks in her youth get mugged by Father Time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships