Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 11:04 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,997,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
My husband was attracted to me with a 9 1/2 year age gap without me looking younger than I am. People are attracted to whom they are attracted to and sometimes there is neither rhyme nor reason. Guys date much younger women and much older women for their own reasons, just like women do.
I completely agree. Well said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 11:15 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,759,019 times
In reply to the question presented in the OP: sure, why not?

Old 01-20-2013, 11:50 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,361,633 times
I have a friend who has a younger brother. Part of the problem is that they came from a matriarchal Hispanic family where all of the men had been castrated. The younger brother, who was an excellent student at a major West Coast university, at age 18 was ACCOSTED by a 35 year old divorcee with a couple of kids. It was like the Mary Kay LeTourneau story, minus the illegality. He reneged on additional education to achieve the goal he set at the beginning of college, and married this woman who had a noose over him. He is VERY regretful he took that path. He now wishes he hadn't married her, and that he had gone on to professional school. He would have done so at age 22.

If there's anything good that came out of this thread, IMO, it's that I now understand Djuna even better.

Last edited by robertpolyglot; 01-20-2013 at 12:36 PM..

Old 01-20-2013, 12:07 PM

86 posts, read 359,397 times
I respect all your points of view, which are valid and reasonable. I would have never thought of either dating someone much older or much younger, but sometimes you cannot say "I would never...." because kharma kicks in and shows you otherwise. Since my younger years in college, always the younger men seemed to be attracted to me, I would be attracted to guys my age or older. Sometimes I regret not giving the chance to any of these younger guys, and may be they could have been a good fit with me and be great companions. I have never been married, nor have kids, and I am looking at this point in my life ,to find a guy who values me as a person and not for what I look like, how old i am or what I have. I dated an older guy and got really dissapointed, he was the most immature and selfish human being I ever met. I also think that if I get involved with a younger guy , in 10-20 yrs from now, I may not look attractive or young as I am now. But , most importantly, beauty gets boring after a while, and even the most gorgeous guy with no personality will not be able to keep my interest for too long. Thank you guys, for your input, is always good to hear what others have to say, because is hard sometimes to see things beyond your own perspective.

Old 01-20-2013, 12:20 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,361,633 times
Thanks for the UNSIGNED rep on post #13. Keep the psychological assessments to yourself if you don't want to SIGN them. But "gracias" for the rep.

Old 01-20-2013, 12:52 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,207,396 times
a good woman is like a fine wine---they get better with time

of course a 25 yr old male would be interested in a 35 yr old.....

Old 01-20-2013, 12:57 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,606,342 times
no, i am not attracted to old women.

Old 01-20-2013, 12:57 PM

26 posts, read 60,765 times
Older women should not date younger men.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:05 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,207,396 times
you guys are nuts... a woman in her 30's is just coming into her prime... much more mature than girls in their 20's

Old 01-20-2013, 01:09 PM

222 posts, read 438,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyturquoise View Post
Few months ago, a new guy started at my company. He is very attractive but I found him too young for me. The thing is that I noticed that he gets very shy with me, greeting me with his head down looking to the floor and even ignoring me for no reason... I never flirted with him , always being friendly and kind... The other day I initiated a casual conversation with him, he gave me this glance over(you know the Up and down look) and smiled at me, and seemed sort of nervous. Or if I try to start a friendly chat with him he looks into my eyes and smiles...I'm sure he knows that i'm older than him, but not sure if he is afraid of me, or just wants to hide his feelings??? He asked me casually if I had plans for the weekend , which I replied with: " no nothing important". Did he want to find out if i had a bf or was he asking me out indirectly??? I am afraid that the age difference will be refraining him from trying to show his true intentions!!! Your opinions are welcome...
Honestly I don't think 10 years a big age difference when you become an adult. Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships