Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 06:28 PM

97 posts, read 320,786 times

Advertisements

This thread probably isn't going to be anything like what you thought it was from the title, but here we go:

A few days ago, I took a girl on our first date and it went really well. Afterwards I ask about a second date and she says yes. We're to the point where we're sitting next to each other on the pew every Sunday and hugging each other like 5 times in the 2 hours before men and women separate. So I'm thinking I've got this perfect setup, and then today after church she says she doesn't want to go on a second date simply because she wants to date a lot of people.

Another time, I asked a girl and she said yes, then 2 weeks later I find out it switched to no because she thinks I'm too old for her(I'm 23, both girls above are 18.)

And then, yet another time, pretty much same thing as first paragraph, but dragged out over a month. I kept saying we should go on a second date and she kept saying things like "yeah, sometime." And then I finally find out that she's just not ready to date anyone due to her friend dying in a motorcycle crash 2 days after the first date(I knew about the death and held off for about a week.)

Why can't most women simply say no the first time I ask or the first time I mention a second date? I know they don't want to hurt my feelings but I'm a grown man and I can handle rejection. What I don't like is thinking I have a perfect setup and then finding out I don't, or being stalled out over 2 weeks or more.

It's important to note that I am LDS and as such, am referring to the LDS dating world in Utah. The main things about the LDS dating world that differ from most of the rest of the world are:

Sex is automatically assumed by both parties to not even be an option until after marriage.

Both parties are typically looking for their eternal companion and are usually more marriage focused than most people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 06:36 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
A LOT of people are unsure if they like you and act exactly that way.

When you're sure, you act sure. When you're not sure, you act flakey/wishy-washy/hot-and-cold/mixed messages/confusing. They are not always aware of their own uncertainty but ALWAYS want more time to decide if they really like you or not, and often times, they think they are entitled to more time.

It's taxing to deal with someone who is unsure, especially if you're sure about them, so it's your decision on whether you can deal with this or not. Maybe you'll think it's worth it the emotional ups and downs, maybe you won't.

Old 01-20-2013, 06:47 PM

4,761 posts, read 14,287,094 times
Probably because people can't make their own decisions or think on their own these days. They need to ask other people or ask on forums like this what to do...

...and if you read this forum, any little flaw with someone and they tend to say "Throw it away and get a new one!"...

Old 01-20-2013, 08:02 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,760,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mleblanc138 View Post
ore.
It's important to note that I am LDS and as such, am referring to the LDS dating world in Utah. The main things about the LDS dating world that differ from most of the rest of the world are:

Sex is automatically assumed by both parties to not even be an option until after marriage.

Both parties are typically looking for their eternal companion and are usually more marriage focused than most people.
Sorry as I don't mean to go OT or anything, but a person can be non-LDS and also certainly believe wholeheartedly, in the bolded portions above...I personally believe very strongly as well in what the OP cited in his post above

Also my apologies to the OP, as I am afraid I really don't have useful advice to give though as to his main question, other than that I can definitely understand what you're going through (has happened many times to me in the past, as well), and that I definitely wish you the best of luck in your future romantic endeavors...

Old 01-20-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Sorry as I don't mean to go OT or anything, but a person can be non-LDS and also certainly believe wholeheartedly, in the bolded portions above...I personally believe very strongly as well in what the OP cited in his post above

Also my apologies to the OP, as I am afraid I really don't have useful advice to give though as to his main question, other than that I can definitely understand what you're going through (has happened many times to me in the past, as well), and that I definitely wish you the best of luck in your future romantic endeavors...
Very true, but I wouldn't know it with the way pop culture just pushes sex, sex, and more sex. My apologies if I sounded self righteous or something.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:20 PM

11,865 posts, read 17,000,344 times
Sometimes we need time to think.

Sometimes we don't want to hurt your feelings.

Sometimes we just change our minds.

Good luck.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:23 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
She's just not into you.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
She's just not into you.
Then she should say so.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:43 PM

127 posts, read 154,736 times
Quote:
This thread probably isn't going to be anything like what you thought it was from the title, but here we go:

A few days ago, I took a girl on our first date and it went really well. Afterwards I ask about a second date and she says yes. We're to the point where we're sitting next to each other on the pew every Sunday and hugging each other like 5 times in the 2 hours before men and women separate. So I'm thinking I've got this perfect setup, and then today after church she says she doesn't want to go on a second date simply because she wants to date a lot of people.

Another time, I asked a girl and she said yes, then 2 weeks later I find out it switched to no because she thinks I'm too old for her(I'm 23, both girls above are 18.)

And then, yet another time, pretty much same thing as first paragraph, but dragged out over a month. I kept saying we should go on a second date and she kept saying things like "yeah, sometime." And then I finally find out that she's just not ready to date anyone due to her friend dying in a motorcycle crash 2 days after the first date(I knew about the death and held off for about a week.)

Why can't most women simply say no the first time I ask or the first time I mention a second date? I know they don't want to hurt my feelings but I'm a grown man and I can handle rejection. What I don't like is thinking I have a perfect setup and then finding out I don't, or being stalled out over 2 weeks or more.

I used to get down about these kinds of things too.

One thing you have to remember when dating is to not put the cart before the horse. Nothing is happening until it is physically happening in this moment. Promises and agreements don't mean much.

What I mean is: don't get your hopes up.....and stop caring.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:46 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Then she should say so.
Agreed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships