U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-20-2013, 11:40 PM
 
353 posts, read 374,701 times
Reputation: 227

Advertisements

Why is it so hard to find a nice/intelligent guy (of any race) who will continue to date me long-term, after I inform him that I do not believe in pre-marital sex? I'm attractive, well educated and in great shape. Also, I enjoy cooking. It's too bad that far too many men are pre-occupied with sex.

Whatever happened to men dating, appreciating and adoring good virtuous women?
Rate this post positively

 
Old 01-20-2013, 11:47 PM
 
Location: Earth
438 posts, read 628,857 times
Reputation: 2939
What if you never get married?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-20-2013, 11:47 PM
 
12,535 posts, read 14,428,121 times
Reputation: 29050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary20852 View Post
Why is it so hard to find a nice/intelligent guy (of any race) who will continue to date me long-term, after I inform him that I do not believe in pre-marital sex? I'm attractive, well educated and in great shape. Also, I enjoy cooking. It's too bad that far too many men are pre-occupied with sex.

Whatever happened to men dating, appreciating and adoring good virtuous women?
They all decided to go out with the good, virtuous women who do have sex.

P.S. Just because you don't have sex, that necessarily make you "good" or "virtuous." That just makes you celibate. You might want to come down from your moral high ground now. No one can see you.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-20-2013, 11:47 PM
 
Location: La lune et les étoiles
18,256 posts, read 21,514,533 times
Reputation: 19593
The good guys are still out there. Stay classy and he will come find you.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-20-2013, 11:48 PM
 
17,868 posts, read 20,077,926 times
Reputation: 13928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary20852 View Post
Why is it so hard to find a nice/intelligent guy (of any race) who will continue to date me long-term, after I inform him that I do not believe in pre-marital sex? I'm attractive, well educated and in great shape. Also, I enjoy cooking. It's too bad that far too many men are pre-occupied with sex.

Whatever happened to men dating, appreciating and adoring good virtuous women?
I think this died mostly in the 50s or something, back when marriage was it and there was no or very little divorce.

Now, I certainly respect your decision in not having sex until you are married, and I do hope you find a man who is willing to wait until you say "I do", but, honestly, most people, men AND women, want to test drive the car before they buy it.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-20-2013, 11:51 PM
 
Location: SF CA, USA
4,187 posts, read 4,932,501 times
Reputation: 4986
Psst.

The creator of the universe doesn't care what you do with your body before marriage. In fact it is unlikely, that if he exists, that he cares about what we do at all.



The above message has been brought to you by the Big Picture Inc. Giving people perspective since the year 10,000 BC.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-20-2013, 11:52 PM
 
12,535 posts, read 14,428,121 times
Reputation: 29050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I think this died mostly in the 50s or something, back when marriage was it and there was no or very little divorce.

Now, I certainly respect your decision in not having sex until you are married, and I do hope you find a man who is willing to wait until you say "I do", but, honestly, most people, men AND women, want to test drive the car before they buy it.

Hmm, yeah. The whole "adoring" thing also flew out the window. You know, with the invention of windows.

Come on, Mary. Men are not on earth to "adore" women. You're not some little princess to be worshipped.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-20-2013, 11:52 PM
 
Location: Chicago, IL
2,186 posts, read 2,771,228 times
Reputation: 1807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
They all decided to go out with the good, virtuous women who do have sex.

P.S. Just because you don't have sex, that necessarily make you "good" or "virtuous." That just makes you celibate.
Exactly.

OP, you may wish to examine exactly why you view abstention from sex as good and virtuous. There's nothing wrong with believing that, but you can't expect everyone else to believe it, too, just because you do. It's not exactly rational in the modern world where both men and women can and do enjoy having sex.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-20-2013, 11:52 PM
 
353 posts, read 374,701 times
Reputation: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
They all decided to go out with the good, virtuous women who do have sex.

P.S. Just because you don't have sex, that necessarily make you "good" or "virtuous." That just makes you celibate. You might want to come down from your moral high ground now. No one can see you.
But here's the question, how many of these women who have sex with their boyfriends, go on to have an additional 10 or so (possibly more) boyfriends that they also sleep with before settling down? Now that's a scary thought. I'm freaked out by that scenario.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-20-2013, 11:53 PM
 
12,535 posts, read 14,428,121 times
Reputation: 29050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary20852 View Post
But here's the question, how many of these women who have sex with their boyfriends, go on to have an additional 10 or so (possibly more) boyfriends that they also sleep with before settling down? Now that's a scary thought. I'm freaked out by that scenario.
So then join a convent. Sorry, but you sound like a prig. How old are you? 14?
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

¬© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top