Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2016, 12:08 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,184,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
People who seriously think that the word "chick" is a derogatory term is the reason Trump is going to be President. Please give the hypersensitivity a rest already people, jeez!
I just think it is funny in a thread about being nice you made a comment about scoring on chicks. I am just here for the train wreck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2016, 04:04 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,992,865 times
Argh, the whole nice guy thing. This is a perennial around here.

I have to echo a frequent sentiment I've seen here: guys who actually are nice never say so. They show it. A certain faction of men say they're nice but really, they are expecting p-tang in exchange for all that niceness and turn into seething insult-slinging balls of fury if they don't get the expected reward for speaking politely and opening a car door twice. This reaction is the very antithesis of "nice."

This is then followed by scathing women are all wh*res comments as well as a ready excuse for such horrific behavior: oh, he USED to be nice but now women's rejection has forced him to say awful things. Ummm yerp...gotcha.

And yes, nice can be code for not being sexually attracted, simply because culturally that's our gentle let-down phrase, but that doesn't mean women want nasty guys. It just means we do feel bad for letting down a nice man. In our view he deserves happiness. We want a nice man whom we are sexually attracted to and yes, the two can certainly go together...but both definitely need to be there.

This is such simple stuff that I can't believe anyone really needs an explanation.

Old 03-29-2016, 04:16 PM

2,135 posts, read 5,488,735 times
^^^^ I like this! To sum up "Act like what you want"

Old 03-29-2016, 04:30 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,482,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I have to echo a frequent sentiment I've seen here: guys who actually are nice never say so. They show it. A certain faction of men say they're nice but really, they are expecting p-tang in exchange for all that niceness and turn into seething insult-slinging balls of fury if they don't get the expected reward for speaking politely and opening a car door twice. This reaction is the very antithesis of "nice."

This is then followed by scathing women are all wh*res comments as well as a ready excuse for such horrific behavior: oh, he USED to be nice but now women's rejection has forced him to say awful things. Ummm yerp...gotcha.
Can't rep you right now. Rats.

Old 03-29-2016, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ
This is such simple stuff that I can't believe anyone really needs an explanation.

Well look at your post from point of view of the guy who is a 24ish old virgin whose been told he's been he is nice by 3-4 different dates who he obviously he didn't sleep with, and cannot figure out what is wrong. That word is loaded as a mother effer for some guys. Like to the point of hostility.

Old 03-29-2016, 07:33 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,992,865 times
Quote:
Well look at your post from point of view of the guy who is a 24ish old virgin whose been told he's been he is nice by 3-4 different dates who he obviously he didn't sleep with, and cannot figure out what is wrong. That word is loaded as a mother effer for some guys. Like to the point of hostility.
Yes, so I've seen.

He could always look deeper into it, or choose different women to go for, or try to better himself, be interesting, fun, someone a woman would want to be with...All that sort of thing.

Or, well, he could scream about how vile women are and join MGTOW, I mean people come to their own conclusions and make their own decisions.

It's really up to the guy. But let's face facts and assign some appropriate responsibility. Two guys will have very different reactions depending upon THEIR PERSONALITY which points to the obvious: women don't "turn" genuinely good people into some of the horrific misogynists we see around here. That bent already existed in such a male and indeed the undercurrent of it, which he imagines he's hiding, is likely what has made the women steer very clear in the first place.

It's not a woman's "fault" a man becomes, or already is, hostile toward women. It is not every woman's responsibility to sleep with guys they are not interested in, under implied threat that she will "make" him no longer be nice. If he wants to be hostile he'll be hostile even if he IS getting sex so let's steer away from that intimation right quick. It's baloney and an excuse to let the guy's inner secret ugliness come out.

I am so over this intimation that women refusing to spread for guys when *they don't want to* "makes" perfectly good guys bad. Not long ago we even had commentary on how certain murderers would never have shot innocent people to death if only women had slept with them. That belief is horrific, scary, dangerous...Oh yeah, and bullsh-t.

Last edited by JerZ; 03-29-2016 at 07:43 PM..

Old 03-29-2016, 08:29 PM

Oh I agree with you mostly, just saying there is a group of dudes out there who "pedastal the poonjab"and just have zero confidence because they are afraid of sexual assault charges, when in reality that's basic interaction

Old 03-30-2016, 06:58 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,184,262 times
Quote:

I am picturing my daughter being one of those 3 or 4 dates. He goes on a date, what? Expecting sex? Going on a date, what does he really know about HER? How does he even know he wants to go out with HER? What does she like to do? What are her interests? Oh right. He doesn't care. She is female and hot. There is nothing nice about that.

What is she supposed to say to him? That he is boring? Self centered? On a single date, he probably was not wearing horns, so saying he is nice enough is safe.

Old 03-30-2016, 07:00 AM

1,504 posts, read 850,857 times
Never trust a guy who smiles 24 7 .

Old 04-07-2016, 07:29 PM

192 posts, read 269,994 times
The term 'nice guy' makes me think of Elliot Rodger.

Elliot Rodger and The Nice Guy Syndrome

Elliot Rodger: The pick-up artist community’s predictable, horrible response to a mass murder.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships