Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 12:42 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times

Advertisements

I've heard so called nice guys complaining about "finishing last" all the time, but I am wondering if they actual realize that they are not very nice.

For example, I found so called nice guys always have this "victim" mentality which I found to be very annoying.

They claim:

I don't drink - but they have no problems complaining their girlfriend have a drinking problem. (turned out the girl only drinks socially)

I respect my parents - turn out they are still living with their parents and when girl asked the legitimate question, "when will you be independent" The dude immediately got defensive and accused of the girl of being "disrespectful"

I don't go out - turn out they are suffering from social phobia, have absolutely no abilities to social with anybody

Here is the ultimate,

ALl women want jerks, are shallow, are materialistic, like to be abused. It is all women's fault, not mine.

So when people tell me they are nice guy who finishes last, this is a red flag to me. What are your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2013, 12:45 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,774,203 times
Haha nice guy is another way to call someone a loser. I think it's just another excuse for why they can't get a girl. It's a way of putting blame on other people rather than figuring out what's wrong with themselves.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:46 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponchew0 View Post
Haha nice guy is another way to call someone a loser. I think it's just another excuse for why they can't get a girl. It's a way of putting blame on other people rather than figuring out what's wrong with themselves.
haha yeah

Old 01-21-2013, 12:47 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I've heard so called nice guys complaining about "finishing last" all the time, but I am wondering if they actual realize that they are not very nice.

For example, I found so called nice guys always have this "victim" mentality which I found to be very annoying.

They claim:

I don't drink - but they have no problems complaining their girlfriend have a drinking problem. (turned out the girl only drinks socially)

I respect my parents - turn out they are still living with their parents and when girl asked the legitimate question, "when will you be independent" The dude immediately got defensive and accused of the girl of being "disrespectful"

I don't go out - turn out they are suffering from social phobia, have absolutely no abilities to social with anybody

Here is the ultimate,

ALl women want jerks, are shallow, are materialistic, like to be abused. It is all women's fault, not mine.

So when people tell me they are nice guy who finishes last, this is a red flag to me. What are your thoughts?
OP, you left out the clincher:

I want a "nice" girl. Translation: I want a woman who accepts Sharia Law.
lol!

Old 01-21-2013, 12:47 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
There are no 'nice guys,' it's a myth and just another one of their ploys to get women.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:49 PM

491 posts, read 569,662 times
This is why guys shouldnt be nice: itll be seen as creepy...unless you are attractive

Old 01-21-2013, 12:53 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Try to tell me that I'm not a nice guy.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:53 PM

448 posts, read 685,306 times
Nice guy sex isn't that good.

Bad boy sex will have you running laps tho.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:55 PM

2,758 posts, read 5,288,511 times
Yeah, I've met quite a few guys who are actually either passive-aggressive or very insecure (and act like doormats) who think they're "nice." Like guys who will do favors for you (often things you didn't ask them to do) and then act like you owe them something. And others who are genuinely nice but don't seem to understand that there's more to attraction and a fulfilling relationship than that. I don't get the attitude from some guys that you either have to be a doormat or a jerk. I guess being a one-dimensional character is easier for some people than actually developing an interesting personality.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:57 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Try to tell me that I'm not a nice guy.

I don't know you. But far as I'm concerned, there are no nice guys, sorry to tell you that. eventually all show their true colors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships