Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 01:57 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
"If you are not okay wtih it, I have plenty of men who will."

Do you think this girl has been very honest, or do you think this girl has entitlement issues. thoughts?
"Good for you. Go date one of them instead."

End of relationship, end of story, because she's way out of line. WAY out of line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 01:59 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
"Good for you. Go date one of them instead."

End of relationship, end of story, because she's way out of line. WAY out of line.
Exactly. My advice to this guy would be two words: 'Respect yourself.'

Old 01-22-2013, 01:59 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Major entitlement issues. Let me count the things wrong here:

1) Already counting on your brother's death to assure a better financial future for her kids.
Here's a radical concept: raise the kids to do well in school, get college scholarships, and find careers that will allow them to secure their own financial future. Kids who are winners in life don't need handouts.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:05 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Here's a radical concept: raise the kids to do well in school, get college scholarships, and find careers that will allow them to secure their own financial future.
My BIL's best friend married a woman like this. This woman was a first-class shrew and kept jacking up his life insurance policy, even while running around on him behind his back. He finally caught her, divorced her, and won custody of the kids. But when he came to pick up his two young children literally on the day before the divorce was official, the sitter claimed he attacked her and gunned him down in the foyer. Mind you, you'd have to know this guy. He was as nice a guy as you could possibly meet. The sitter went to prison for manslaughter while the ex-wife collected a huge insurance payday. It was very suspicious, but nobody could pin anything on the ex-wife who made out like a bandit. If there is someone on this forum from Memphis, I bet you remember the case.

Last edited by cpg35223; 01-22-2013 at 02:20 PM..

Old 01-22-2013, 06:12 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,423,774 times
Quote:
My brother just started dating this girl. and He is asking us regarding if he should continue the relationship with her.

She has two bio children, from two different men. My brother is a young professional who has his own career and makes pretty good income.

The girl has told him that "I expect my future husband to put my bio children's name on his will."

I personally think she has been straightforward about it, and that is her expectation, it should not be considered as a big red flag, but my brother believes she is crossing the line

He told her, "I have to think about it." and she said, "If you are not okay wtih it, I have plenty of men who will."

Do you think this girl has been very honest, or do you think this girl has entitlement issues. thoughts?
Sounds like an episode of SNAPPED. Tell your brother to run.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:24 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
She is cray-cray.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:22 AM

211 posts, read 172,193 times
Quote:
My brother just started dating this girl. and He is asking us regarding if he should continue the relationship with her.

She has two bio children, from two different men. My brother is a young professional who has his own career and makes pretty good income.

The girl has told him that "I expect my future husband to put my bio children's name on his will."

I personally think she has been straightforward about it, and that is her expectation, it should not be considered as a big red flag, but my brother believes she is crossing the line

He told her, "I have to think about it." and she said, "If you are not okay wtih it, I have plenty of men who will."

Blood is thicker than water. Most sane people do not include non-blood relatives in the chain of people who inherit from them - especially those with a significant amount of money. Also, if you are receiving an inheritance from your parents that will also be included in your estate. I doubt his parents would want what they passed down to end up going to non-blood relatives.

I do this stuff for a living. Most wills are written so they account for people in the bloodline. Some people make allowances for stepkids ... most don't.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
If there is someone on this forum from Memphis, I bet you remember the case.
Memphis? lol ... that's all anybody needs to know.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPollard View Post
Your family really attracts the winners.
I was thinking the very same thing. Sounds like the drama feeds upon itself and seeks out even more drama.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:48 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmw36 View Post
This is wrong, wrong wrong. Especially since it is a new relationship. This is something that should be discussed after marriage and if he chooses to "adopt" the kids as his own.

However, only your brother can tell if he is comfortable with that arrangement. Some men out there are fine with supporting a woman in that sense, other's aren't. The fact that she is dropping this early on is troubling.
It's a very negative sign, She's not even established in the relationship and is already laying down demands and rules without knowing if there is a future to begin with. He needs to walk away from this, And fast. She already said she has other men who are willing. Good! Problem solved, let her go to them then. Your brother, And I mean no offense here-Has to have his head examined if he commits to her. This is a train wreck waiting to happen.

The nerve of her is f***in unbelievable to say these things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships