Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 04:06 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Yeah I once had a girl who agreed to meet me twice or three times, I think. Every time she'd cancel and give some excuse, until I got annoyed and said something (I forgot what), questioning whether she was really interested. She got annoyed and we never ended up meeting.
Yeah I know. You have to stick to it though. One or two weeks of email, chatting or phone, max. Then if they don't meet you, stop talking to them, regardless of their excuse. You'll lose the girls who want to spend time a lot of time chatting first though. But such is life...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 05:15 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I think it's ok for women to call men and take the lead if they want to, but I just don't like when guys on dating sites who I don't even know just give me their number and expect me to contact them. Some even do it in their introductory message! I don't think this is what they would do if they met a woman offline who they wanted to get to know, so it just comes off as lazy and weird to me.

Why is it a problem if they send you a long message? Now if they send you a sentence and their phone number then I agree that is weird

Old 01-23-2013, 05:16 PM

650 posts, read 702,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
But of course it's of no consequence at all to women. Glad we got that sorted out.
I disagree.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
This post proves to me that my theory of a womans perspective on dating is so extremley different compared to that of a man.
We all know that people who use online dating sites are talkin to more than one person at a time.
Why and how is a guy supposedto KNOW which woman is texting or calling him if she doesn't announce herself?
I have received phone numbers from women, and then called them, and then I have literally been hung up on because I didnt send a text message saying who I was and which dating website I was from BEFORE the phone call. Now, I NEVER call a woman without texting first.
And it's funny, cause once upon a time, people COULDNT text. Imagine that, how did anyone ever date back then. haha.

I think women are so not used to being the first to engage contact, that they forget that they aren't the only woman you may be interested in. That, or they dont care. Even though, most lokely, they themselves are speaking with multiple guys.
Online datin is such a mess. A guy has to be perfect to get a phone number, then a date. If we slip up, it is hard to recover.
But a woman can call a guy without having EvER receiving her contact info, or hearing her voice, and he is just supposed to know who is on the other end? I don't know anyone that can do that.

If that happens to me (call from woman who doesn't introduce herself), I would just talk to her like she was a friend, even though I had no idea who she was. It is really awkward though.

I still think online dating is ruining dating.

Someone woman think since they were born with a V,,,,, they can do whatever they want. The crazy thing is they don't know that many other woman was born with the same thing.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:24 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Why is it a problem if they send you a long message? Now if they send you a sentence and their phone number then I agree that is weird
You're talking about the very first message? The first message shouldn't be long because there's a good chance you won't receive a response, so why waste time writing a lot? Regardless of length, you shouldn't give your phone number out in the first message.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:36 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,451,528 times
One of the newer safety tips I've heard of when it comes to dating is actually for the guy to give the girl his number and for her to contact him first-that way she can do so when she feels comfortable enough to do so.

To get back to the OP, if I got a guy's # and hadn't met him yet, I'd use my Google Voice # and I'd probably introduce myself with both my name and probably the username I have on the dating site.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:45 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
tell him who you are when you text him or call him? Like "Hey this is Linda from POF"

That has not been happening the past 2 days, a woman will call me and just say "hi" or "good morning"

Then when I ask who is this, she says........."Oh so you give your number out to that many girls?

Why is it so hard for some woman to say who they are and what site they are from? Nothing but games
When you call the "hot sex" chatline, you must first enter in your credit card information before she identifies herself.

Press "1" for English. Good luck, buddy.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
When you call the "hot sex" chatline, you must first enter in your credit card information before she identifies herself.

Press "1" for English. Good luck, buddy.

Those lines are gone, it's not 1999 anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships