Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 01:01 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,942,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Possibly your laughing and having a good time is mainly due to the fact that you both were drinking.
For $15, including an appetizer? Only if they're extreme lightweights or the bartender was giving them free drinks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 01:04 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,633,542 times
That's just her way of blowing you off. She's not interested anymore for whatever reason.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:05 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,942,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
It helps to date with the idea of enjoying the date itself, with no other expectations. Then, you get out of it what you put into it, and aren't disappointed if that one date is all you have. I almost always still enjoyed it and learning about someone new is almost always interesting.
^^^^^^^^YES, this. For the love of God, this. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm always amazed at how many people, especially those who post on these forums, approach each first date as if they're holding a job interview for the position of Spouse. No wonder they don't like dating. I would hate it if I thought of it that way. (I'm not saying this is you, OP. Just saying this appears to be a common mindset.)

When you approach dating as going to do something you enjoy (dinner out, drinks, a show, whatever), hopefully with good company, you will usually have fun and anything else that happens is icing on the cake.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:06 PM

89 posts, read 207,495 times
Women who are interested in you are typically not going to find ways to make being with you more difficult. In other words, if she wants to be with you, she will be with you. And in your case, she does not want to be with you. Once you can accept that fact, the rationale behind her change of heart should matter far less.

Time to move on and park your welcome wagon elsewhere.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:16 PM

650 posts, read 706,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
That's more than a little bit of a leap.
Ok, maybe till 2043

Old 01-23-2013, 02:22 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,763,819 times
Sounds like commitment issues, move on!

Old 01-23-2013, 03:17 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,313,245 times
"I'm not ready to date" (but I'm on a dating site) = "I'm not ready to date YOU".

Also, what's with all the sms bombardment? Some people (like myself) find this incredibly annoying, like I have nothing better to do than sit around and compose inane and short sms replies to some guy who can't dial a number and speak?

Old 01-23-2013, 04:07 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,751,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger55 View Post
All of a sudden today, we are texting, and:

she says, "I'm not very good at this."
And I say, "what?"
"Dating, and communicating. I get really stressed out."
"Well, I've only met you once, but I think you're good at dating. I had a lot of fun."
"Right, but it SHOULDN'T make me stressed out, you know what I mean?"
"Yes, I know. Maybe we can talk through it?"
"I just don't know if Im ready to date in my life right now"
She sounds a bit mentally unstable to me, but she's cute, in her 30s, still single, and on a dating site, so what did you expect? Nobody's perfect...

Old 01-23-2013, 04:18 PM

20,001 posts, read 30,535,252 times
15.00 date??

you take her for a walk? and the ice cream truck came by?

Old 01-23-2013, 04:27 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,932,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Agree with Jet! This is why I hate online dating. I think if you have even a halfway decent time with someone you should see them again. But a lot of people if they have ANY doubt will just move onto the next person. Saying I'm just not ready to date is one of the lamest cop out excuses I can think of. What in the hell are you doing on a dating website if you're not ready to date? I'd delete her number and move on to someone who doesn't text you lame excuses.
Well I hate it too but if one thing jumped out at me that made me certain that it wasn't going to turn into a relationship then I would pretty much drop it unless I was certain we could be friends. I really hate leading people on and why waste my time and theirs? If I wasn't quite sure I might go a second time. I've even given a smoker a second chance and I hate cigarettes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships