Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 11:18 AM

11,865 posts, read 16,972,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I did and it's not that worrisome. The only everyday thing I saw was grapefruit juice, if you drink that everyday, and that's only with some pills, not all, and there's no research on that either. Same witih St. John's Wort.

Also, most people do not take antiboitics everyday. You could abstain in the event you do take them.

I think hormones and condoms will cover it.

I know that people who take some prescription medications daily may not be covered though.
I'm also referring to the discipline it takes. You have to take it at the same time every day. You'd think that's a simple task, but it's not always that easy.

Alcohol also creates issues. Perhaps that is just with my brand, but I've been warned by my doc about it, along with any oral meds aside from aspirin/vitamin types.

The pill is not the best method because of the high probability of human error.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 11:20 AM

11,865 posts, read 16,972,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I have to agree with all of this. They may be paranoid. With that said, like in my earlier post, I got pregnant four times on birth control pills. The very dr who wanted me to be on them as well as prescribed them did not even know that another medicine he had me on lowered the ability of the bc to work.

That was found out later on down the line.

But if op is other wise healthy and using these 2 forms of birth control, she should really be fine.
It's not paranoia. It's fact that the pill is not foolproof. Look at your own example... they didn't know what it was doing to the effectiveness of your bc.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:23 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,290,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
It's not paranoia. It's fact that the pill is not foolproof. Look at your own example... they didn't know what it was doing to the effectiveness of your bc.
I also agreed with your post, ya know. I do think the OP is quite the bit paranoid, however.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:27 AM

3,890 posts, read 6,803,407 times
A little bit more graphic than I would like it to be but its hard to explain otherwise. I dated a girl who had an irrational fear of pregnancy. She was on the pill and I used a condom and she STILL would freak out and lose sleep over her period being a couple of days late. She also would freak out if I somehow touched myself and then proceeded to touch her, presence of fluids or not.

Anyway, I think that is what your looking for OP. She was one of those that freaked over everything. My girlfriend following her had zero fear about it and would even suggest I go without protection to which I replied "Hell NO!! Are you crazy?!?!"

Old 01-23-2013, 11:27 AM

29,696 posts, read 34,240,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I also agreed with your post, ya know. I do think the OP is quite the bit paranoid, however.
The OP has said in that past that women should have sex like men, but I think that until there's a 100% effective birth control that's not going to happen. There's a good reason why I'm really picky about who I sleep with.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:28 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,659,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
Yeah I get paranoid about it, especially since I don't take birth control at all

LOL right.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:29 AM

708 posts, read 877,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuy2.5 View Post
A little bit more graphic than I would like it to be but its hard to explain otherwise. I dated a girl who had an irrational fear of pregnancy. She was on the pill and I used a condom and she STILL would freak out and lose sleep over her period being a couple of days late. She also would freak out if I somehow touched myself and then proceeded to touch her, presence of fluids or not.

Anyway, I think that is what your looking for OP. She was one of those that freaked over everything. My girlfriend following her had zero fear about it and would even suggest I go without protection to which I replied "Hell NO!! Are you crazy?!?!"
Well, if your period is a couple days late, it is hard not to think of what ifs, if you are someone who is normally quite regular.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:30 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,289,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuy2.5 View Post

I freak out personally and never transfer that anxiety to my bf. I dont think he even knows that I have this fear. He has OCD, so he always wears a condom regardless. I dont ever get my period on Implanon so its hard to tell sometimes (without testing) if I am still in the clear.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:32 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,290,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
I freak out personally and never transfer that anxiety to my bf. I dont think he even knows that I have this fear.
If your fear is as relevant as you are explaining here, he probably knows it, even though you think he may not.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:34 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,858,368 times
if you plan on keeping him, tell him to get a vasectomy. I plan on doing so as soon as I have my two kids (one son, one daughter, two years apart).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships