Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2013, 02:04 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Well then I will be wrong then, from what I've known of people, majority of the sexually active ones cannot at all separate their own sexual desires from determining what's normal and what's not. It's all very black and white to them. "You don't like XYZ? Then you're abnormal." I seen it a million times.

It's not just you either, I'm saying it's the way the majority thinks and I don't take them anymore seriously then they do me where sex is concerned. According to them I'm supposed to be accepting all kinds of situations I deem as ridiculous. So whatever.

Yes people are taking it seriously, because far as I know nobody with sense wants to be referred to as 'unhealthy and abnormal,' in the first place especially based on sex and nothing else about them. Just like you took the 'literal' meaning of 'asexuality,' I take the literal meaning of 'unhealthy and abnormal,' and they're not generally considered good things to be. You told me before I had a 'disorder and own it,' based on no evaluation or personal medical knowledge. It's just so unfounded based on the idea you have no prior medical degree in these matters. I'm in the medical field and I couldn't determine whether you have a sexual disorder or not via the internet. If it's an opinion then so be it, but you've made clear you think it's 'fact,' where I am concerned as well as other people who are similar. I'm just saying there's no way you can determine these things, is all.
Well, as you like to say yourself, you don't know me. I don't consider people abnormal because they like different things than I do, or don't like what I do. You also don't know what I do for a living.

You yourself said you have a disorder. So yes, own it. Stop trying to make it sound like it's healthy. If it was healthy, it wouldn't be a disorder!

For what it's worth, I have high blood pressure. I'm abnormal, and if I didn't take my pill every morning for it, I'd be unhealthy, too. Happy now?

Old 01-24-2013, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
That is just sticking one's head in the sand. If you ARE unhealthy, the smart answer is to try and GET healthy. Not hollah you big bad meanie for calling me unhealthy.
That would just make too much sense, and sense is not allowed on City-Data.

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
Quote:
well then pik, you must've missed the part where the majority omen said they wouldn't give a woman like this the time of day. You can have all the self worth in the world, that's not going to make men want to be a woman who is not into sex, that's the bottom line. I used to think like that, but it's not reality with men. IMO, the OP gets on board with sex or the guys are going to continue not to bother at all.
I am this woman, and many men have given me all kinds of time of day. You have to be confident in the person you are. If I am this person, and I am confident in it, men will be drawn to me. If I am this person, and I am lacking in confidence in who I am, they will not.

She doesn't know what she is in too. I am in to sex. Boy am I ever in to sex, so that is not my issue.

I posed this question upon my boyfriend last night and he said that it would not be the deciding factor, as there are many aspects in a relationship. I believed what he said, and he said it with conviction.

If you are a woman who has had sex and experienced it in a good way and you still don't like it, well then maybe you should find someone who feels the same way.

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
That is just sticking one's head in the sand. If you ARE unhealthy, the smart answer is to try and GET healthy. Not hollah you big bad meanie for calling me unhealthy.

I never said there's no people that are 'unhealthy and abnormal,' I said she's not in any kind of position to determine that and neither am I based on some of these things. She was putting some things out there as facts, when they're opinions.

Next time read the thread and then comment, saves everyone time.

Old 01-24-2013, 02:09 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
That would just make too much sense, and sense is not allowed on City-Data.

Yea I don't have any 'sense' because I didn't take well and agree with being called 'abnormal and unhealthy,' on these matters and all that other mess you put out there based on your limited medical knowledge. There's another downside about CD -- everyone's an armchair psychologist.

Old 01-24-2013, 02:11 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,201,037 times
Are you crazy? LMAO

In a seriousness it's ok to not like sex but I can't see myself in a relationship with a person like that. And it's important to let a man know that from the get go

Old 01-24-2013, 02:13 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
I never said there's no people that are 'unhealthy and abnormal,' I said she's not in any kind of position to determine that and neither am I based on some of these things. She was putting some things out there as facts, when they're opinions.
Oh please. Sounds to me like she DOES have a good background to know what is healthy and what is not in the arena.

Old 01-24-2013, 02:16 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,921,010 times
Quote:
There's another downside about CD -- everyone's an armchair psychologist.
Except when we're real ones. Lilac's posts in this thread, of which you continue to be dismissive. Have been 100% accurate, scientifically and clinically. She may or may not be a psychologist, but she's clearly a biological or behavioral scientist or health professional of some sort, and based on your posts, you're clearly not. The point of view you're expressing is far more "armchair."

Last edited by Plzeň; 01-24-2013 at 02:24 PM..

Old 01-24-2013, 02:16 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
Yea I don't have any 'sense' because I didn't take well and agree with being called 'abnormal and unhealthy,' on these matters and all that other mess you put out there based on your limited medical knowledge. There's another downside about CD -- everyone's an armchair psychologist.
DE, seek help. If you have a health issue, you should be seeking treatment for it, not whining to the person who points it out.

Old 01-24-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:

Next time read the thread and then comment, saves everyone time.
Excuse me, but am I diagnosing anyone here?

What I am saying, for the bazillionth time on this thread, is that if you have a problem with the definitions of sexual disorders and sexual dysfunctions, to take it up with the medical and psychiatric communities. I am just relaying the information. What I am saying is that if people have symptoms such as an aversion to sex or a complete lack of sex drive, that it's a sign that something is wrong and they should be checked out.

You may wish to live with your disorder without getting treatment. That is your choice. But that doesn't mean you don't have a disorder in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships