Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 07:03 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,063,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
If you do something like offer to help them find a better job, or their resume, they are not interested. I remember a year ago, another gold digger I knew wanted me to pay her bills all the time, and I said "you seem to be struggling, let me see how your resume me look". I gave her my email address so that she would send me her resume. She always "forgot" to send it. A gold digger doesn't want to help themselves.
Then maybe don't ask how they are doing if you are just looking to make small talk. It would seem to me, if you are seeing someone and you ask how they are doing, they are going to be honest and give you more than an "okay" answer. Or are you looking for the supermarket line type of conversation with these girls.

Furthermore, they aren't accepting your offer to help them with their resume or to find a better job because maybe they just really would prefer to vent. If I want to vent I'm not looking for advice or help, I just want to get something off my chest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 07:09 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Some guy driving a nissan pulsar and making 65k a yr probably doesn't have a bunch of "golddiggers" coming after him.

Probably more like "silverdiggers"....LOL

But what do I know......

Old 01-23-2013, 07:13 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,357,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Some guy driving a nissan pulsar and making 65k a yr probably doesn't have a bunch of "golddiggers" coming after him.

Probably more like "silverdiggers"....LOL

But what do I know......
Couldn't rep you again.

Silver digger: a gold digger who lowers her sights after some form of reality check

Can't picture a Nissan Pulsar. Is that the 2-seater with the diagonal slats in the taillamps?

Old 01-23-2013, 07:20 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,362,447 times
Maybe only date women who are self-supporting? I'm not usually someone who judges people by their jobs or income, but if you're running into this problem again and again, maybe you should restrict yourself to dating women who have decent salaries and demonstrate that they are financially prudent early on.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:22 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,585,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Then maybe don't ask how they are doing if you are just looking to make small talk. It would seem to me, if you are seeing someone and you ask how they are doing, they are going to be honest and give you more than an "okay" answer. Or are you looking for the supermarket line type of conversation with these girls.

Furthermore, they aren't accepting your offer to help them with their resume or to find a better job because maybe they just really would prefer to vent. If I want to vent I'm not looking for advice or help, I just want to get something off my chest.

you're wrong. And it's pretty obvious a lot of people in this thread has not dealt with a gold digger. By you logic, they wouldn't accept any form of money if they simply wanted to vent their frustration. I mean don't you find it kind of odd that they'll accept help in the form of money, but not help in the form of advice?

Old 01-23-2013, 07:30 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
you're wrong. And it's pretty obvious a lot of people in this thread has not dealt with a gold digger. By you logic, they wouldn't accept any form of money if they simply wanted to vent their frustration. I mean don't you find it kind of odd that they'll accept help in the form of money, but not help in the form of advice?
Branh(?), you can not discount that the common denominator in all of this is YOU.

If you want help then you need to be honest and many will be happy to help.

I'll start...describe in more detail the type of women with which you are interacting. Looks. Type of jobs. Education level. Age. Style of dress. Makeup. Hair.

Help us help you.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:33 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Branh(?), you can not discount that the common denominator in all of this is YOU.

If you want help then you need to be honest and many will be happy to help.

I'll start...describe in more detail the type of women with which you are interacting. Looks. Type of jobs. Education level. Age. Style of dress. Makeup. Hair.

Help us help you.
He did say that generally, he dresses sharp, too. That doesn't explain the grocery store woman, but it could explain the others. We could stand to learn more about him, too. What does he talk about when he meets these women, and on the first couple of dates? HOW does he talk: what kind of vocabulary does he use? Casual? Formal? Big words? What is his demeanor like, does it reflect his sharp dressing? All these things can communicate to women that he's a high-end kinda guy, vs. he's a regular schmoe dressed as a high-end guy. See what I"m saying, OP?

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 01-23-2013 at 08:58 PM..

Old 01-23-2013, 07:36 PM

936 posts, read 2,060,440 times
Quote:
They don't really have anything in common. And I've met them in various places. Clubs, random encounters, even met 2 from church.

As far as how I dress, yes I do dress in expensive clothes. I can't really help it, I'm a bigger guy. So my clothes are naturally very expensive anyway. Secondly, I feel comfortable in certain types of clothes than others. I keep a very formal business casual or business type attire. It's the wardrobe I feel most confident in. At times when I'm just going up the street, or getting something, I generally dress down. Met a woman at the grocery store, and I was just wearing jeans and a dirty T-shirt. Same result.
I'm betting on the behavioral/market signaling theory here. If you keep finding them, then either you're screening out the non-gold diggers, you're sending up a flare to the gold diggers, or you're responding to a signal the gold diggers are sending.

What kind of watch do you wear? Shoes? Any jewelry besides a watch?

Do you go for damsels in distress? Do you offer them financial advice when you first meet them? Maybe you present yourself as someone fixated on money and wealth.

Do you brag about your house, car, vacation plans, investments? Name-drop an Ivy League education?

Old 01-23-2013, 07:39 PM

211 posts, read 171,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
that he's a high-end kinda guy, or he's a regular schmoe dressed as a high-end guy
How about a high-end guy dressed as a regular schmoe?

Old 01-23-2013, 07:46 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock1729 View Post
I'm betting on the behavioral/market signaling theory here. If you keep finding them, then either you're screening out the non-gold diggers, you're sending up a flare to the gold diggers, or you're responding to a signal the gold diggers are sending.
I love the way you put that! ^^

OP, are you the guy who just moved to the Seattle area, settled on the East side, and was complaining recently about not being able to get an LTR? Complaining about blondes, or something? Just trying to put it all into perspective.

OK, if you dress sharp in the Pacific NW, you're going to stick out like a sore thumb. You're a walking billboard for career success. However, there are plenty of IT tech women in the area, as well as UW faculty, and maybe even a few women engineers and executives at Boeing. Also lawyers, doctors, investment brokers and bankers. Aim for those. Have you tried Match or eHarmony? That would be a good way to select for that type of woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships