Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 02:19 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,534,641 times

Advertisements

FWB with my ex? NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO NONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 02:37 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,702,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBePretty View Post
My boyfriend always had too much on his plate. He never made time for me because he was always busy with his house/dog/job/hobbies/helping out other people...just too busy. Put everything/everyone else before me. So this put a real strain in our relationship. We would talk on the phone and the 'seeing each other' came down to once a week. This was very, very hard for me. He recently went back to Portugal where his mom and dad live and I didn't hear from him for the four days he was away. He said before he left that he would call if he had cell phone service. But I know his mom has a landline phone and he couldn't even call me from her phone?? When he came back he said it was very expensive. I said "so how much do you think it would've been to call me for a little bit just to see if I'm ok and let me know you're ok, etc.? Do you want money? Would it have been 100-200 dollars do you want me to give you?" I said if you really missed me like you said then you would've found a way. I said he didn't even hafta call me every day, every other day would've been ok? I ended it yesterday.

He has always said that if I ever broke it off with him that he still wanted to be friends with me because we're good people. He even said that if I ever needed anything even if he was with someone else he would help me out. I believe him because he says what he means and means what he says. One day in the past he even said if I ever broke it off with him would I consider a FWB relationship.

I read on the internet that a clean break is best and not to have any contact until I'm emotionally ready over him. We still talk/text because we're just friends now. I KNOW he is not a good match for me for a relationship. A friend of mine suggested that I can talk to him, but just not as much and 'seem busy' when he calls even though I'm not because we are not together anymore. Let him think I have gotten a life outside of him.

I have more time than him, but I would not always say "yeah I'm available tonight". I would make it like I'm busy so it's on both our schedules, not just his. Should I suggest a FWB once in awhile relationship? I am very attracted to him and he has such a great body and he is good in bed. I know he is attracted to me as well. If he says no then it's no, but if he says yes, should I?

wow you obviously know nothing about living overseas, it is VERY expensive to call from a landline over to the United States so I wouldn't do it either, by going over there he would have to had change sim cards and international cell phone usage is high as well and he was only gone 4 days? Are you serious? Anyways, he probably didn't ask you for money because he was too proud and didn't want you to have to pay for stuff. I wouldn't have either. The fact that you ended it over something so asinine proves that you are emotionally immature. I know you are probably going to say you are not but the fact that you are considering listening to a friend that says " pretend like you are busy when you are not" proves that point.

Personally, I think that you are probably a teenager or at best a needy young adult and I honestly think you need to work on the hang ups that you obviously have than on a FWB situation...I swear, I think some people should have a license just to have sex and procreate.

Old 01-24-2013, 02:47 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,646,900 times
No. Yes, some men, even though they are not relationship material, are too sexy for their shirt and drive you crazy, but that does not mean that you should have sex with them. You should not. Make a clean break and find what you really want.

Old 01-26-2013, 01:38 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,065,818 times
I too vote no in this situation and in general.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:03 AM

12,573 posts, read 15,559,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBePretty View Post
Should I suggest a FWB once in awhile relationship? I am very attracted to him and he has such a great body and he is good in bed. I know he is attracted to me as well. If he says no then it's no, but if he says yes, should I?
I did that with an ex before I started dating my wife and it worked out fine. She was a great lay and since I knew what she liked we would get together occasionally. Unlike today's scene where people have this overbearing need to label everything our hook-ups were somewhat spontaneous. Usually she was the one to initiate.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:23 AM

23 posts, read 32,983 times
This thread caught my eye because of Portugal. It sounds like there were other relationship issues so this might be a moot point, but I would just like to say that whenever my mother goes back to Portugal, especially if it is only four days, I would NEVER expect her to call. It is very expensive and it is a different culture than here. It would have been rude of him to use his parents landline for such an expense. It's not like he was gone a month. My family is Portuguese and I used to live there. He is not lying or making it up that it was difficult to call!

You should have arranged this ahead of time and it sounds like he already told you ahead of time that it would be difficult. It would have been better to ask if he had Internet and arranged to send him a message. Although it is very likely his parents didnt have Internet either.... It's not seen as "imperative" as it is in the USA (because Portuguese economy is worse than America's and they have other things to worry about).

It's sad that you guys broke up and it sounds like you have different needs in terms of keeping in touch and how often you see each other, but ultimately means you were not compatible in the long term.

Back to the topic on hand, seeing as you are still emotionally attached to him, I'd say FWB is a terrible idea until time has passed and you've started to date other people and get over the relationship.

Old 01-27-2013, 12:39 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,065,818 times
No

Old 01-27-2013, 12:45 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,210,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
F no.

two thumbs up -im with this...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships