Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 04:10 AM

315 posts, read 380,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Studies and surveys conducted in the past 10 years have said that there are more bisexual women than bisexual men in America.

Perhaps in other parts of the world the number of bisexuals is equal in men and women but in America, there's no way there's as many bisexual men as bisexual women.

Bisexual women are an epidemic in America.
I agree with both survey and studies regarding bisexual women and men, and greater number of bisexual women in American. However, I'm unsure if bisexual women are an epidemic in America.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:37 AM

30,456 posts, read 21,660,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freespiritbty View Post
I agree with both survey and studies regarding bisexual women and men, and greater number of bisexual women in American. However, I'm unsure if bisexual women are an epidemic in America.
My experience has been that there are quite a number of women that are 'Bi curious' compared to men because of the environment that we live in? Due to the acceptability and teasing nature the media and pop culture puts out there some women are goaded into trying it; "Come on and try it, everyone is doing it, you might like it" A kiss, a squeeze, maybe more before determing their limits. Men are not goaded into this type of activity by the media or pop culture and therefore the numbers are comparatively low.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:07 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,444,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
I don't do it because I've been burned but by the paranoid perception of a lot of women that any guy should be suspected of being on the downlow.

I am a straight black male who is tired of this down low man myth, perpetrated a lot by black women.

Especially black women, who think EVERY SINGLE clean cut black man is on the downlow.

My mother was like this. When I was younger, she showed me a tv program that talked about the epidemic of down low black men.

She was also sold on the idea that every single black male should be suspected of being on the downlow.

I believed this for a while until......

One of my friends from college started telling me about the rise of bisexual women.

So I decided to do some research about female bisexuality and my research led me to findings that I didn't think existed.

I've spoken to numerous people including lesbian women about bisexual women and they all say the same thing.

The female bisexual movement started around the early to mid 90s and gets more powerful with every passing year.

I don't know if you're black yourself but so many black women think that all the black men are on the downlow and when you dig deep there are more bisexual and downlow women in general.

Black women also think SO many black male celebrities are on the downlow. Some of the women in my family are like this too.

But I hardly ever hear any women who are saying anything against the multitudes of down low women.
As a Black woman, I have not experienced other Black women who believe that all "clean cut" Black men are on the DL. However, I believe that the conversations about men being on the DL came about in the late 90s/early 2000s due to married women (who were not drug users or having affairs) being diagnosed as HIV positive. One other thing to mention here is that a lot of women have noticed the increase in the request/desire for anal sex which was an activity that was not previously on the menu for (some) women.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
See what I was talking about when I mentioned on another thread that black women may be characters and interesting, but this, among others, is one of the many head trips they are on. They have these negative, martyr-like views toward society and life.

A clean cut black man with an education and who "talks white" experiences the WTH factor from both women and men alike in that community. That's what I've observed. That's why they hang out with white people.
This comment is very off-the-mark and strange.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:27 AM

14,727 posts, read 33,249,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
This comment is very off-the-mark and strange.
Cali, I've already been called on it by SLS (the person, not the Cadillac) ... at length. Been there, done that. I don't want to back it up with a string of anecdotes and examples.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Cali, I've already been called on by SLS (the person, not the Cadillac) ... at length. Been there, done that. I don't want to back it up with a string of anecdotes and examples.
No need. Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. So be it.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:46 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,696,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Perhaps, but I truly believe that the ratio of real bi/gay people by gender is 50/50, which you probably won't learn from statistics. The women who are just experimenting b/c it's the cool thing to do are going to move on and eventually get married and never think about it again unless they do some swinging with their partner. That's what most people do who have gay sex for curiosity sake, just like the boys in boarding school who had their little dalliance and moved on.

Sometimes the difference isn't clear. My ex was married to me for a long time but when he came out he never looked at a woman again--he clearly had wanted a man all along. So what do you call that or does it even matter?
I see that you won't believe that women are becoming more and more bisexual unless I post a recent study or article. Here you go: Autostraddle — 60 Percent of Hetero Women Are Attracted to Other Women, Duh

This was an article from 2005, women have become even more bisexual since then: http://www.nbcnews.com/id/9358339/

Even if it's just experimenting, you're not totally straight even if you eventually get married.

Those women you mentioned are bisexual.

I am a 100 percent straight male and do not have the urge to experiment with another male.

Well there are bisexual men but there's not proof whatsoever and no one on this website has given me any proof that bisexual men and women are in the same number.

Just go to clubs and see all the women making out with each other and grinding on each other and fondling each other's breasts.

These women are not straight.

Old 02-01-2013, 01:18 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,952,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Sometimes the difference isn't clear. My ex was married to me for a long time but when he came out he never looked at a woman again--he clearly had wanted a man all along. So what do you call that or does it even matter?
Hard to say. Maybe he had gotten a lot of lady-love and felt like doing the stuff he never got to do was more of a priority than going back to the 'continent already explored'. Or maybe he was leaning gay and you were the one type of girl that worked for him.

Or maybe his sexuality shifted. If you think about it, are you really attracted to the same kinds of guys you were when you were 14? What about turn-ons? I certainly noticed a change. I went from liking other 14-year-olds when I was 14, to liking grown women (and men) in my mid-20s, even though they looked totally different. There's enough plasticity in the human brain for someone to develop an interest in different parts over decades. Perhaps he was interested in women, and now he isn't.

Old 02-01-2013, 01:54 PM

14,727 posts, read 33,249,550 times
I think I've told this story before. One of my good friends during college worked part-time in a respectable restaurant in L.A.'s "Valley" and I went in there to visit him one time. He told me that the bartender was bisexual. This guy was a dark haired guy who could have passed for a "suit." My friend told me that this bartender reputedly saw all kinds of action, including with most of the waitresses, and even customers. I'm wondering if this has changed with the times. That is, if STIs were taken out of the equation, would guys like this continue to see as much action and would women be more indifferent, at least if they were short-term arrangements. I think the poster "miu" sort of nailed it. They are hyper-sexed and they don't care who they're doing it with. But, if this bartender was walking past you at the supermarket, his sexual habits, based on stereotypical appearances, wouldn't register. Not at all.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:36 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,696,491 times
Yes, many bisexual men and women are hypersexual meaning that they don't care where they get it....they need it all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships