Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 09:58 AM

159 posts, read 806,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey19782000 View Post
i dont think the man should have to pay for a child that is not biologically his and i think the woman should have to pay back all of the money with interest, and pain and suffering.
I CAN'T AGREE MORE!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2007, 06:18 AM

27,343 posts, read 27,395,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadel812 View Post
As a woman, I have always felt that my children should know who their paternal father is. My children thank God, has a wonderful realtionship with their dad even though we are divorced.
Needless to say, that isn't always the case in all relationships. Often times there are men who are faced to support a child whom they thought was their biological child, I honestly do not agree with this IF the man was not aware that the child was not his.
Imagine being married or committed to someone and a child is born of that relationship, imagine having braking up with that child's mother but still fulfilling your paternal role only to find out many years later and fights for increased child support that the child was never actually your child.
Do you think that the law should require that any woman who intentionally lied to a man about having fathered a child should be forced to pay back all the years of child support that was paid to her for that child?

Do you feel that the law should still require the man to pay child support even after testing has shown that he is actually NOT the biological father?

You are right in many ways. But some guys make the choice to 'disappear' after a child turns up. After my first divorce , my ex just disappeared for several years. As the girls got older they were aware that the dad they had was a stepdad and all I could tell them of the real dad was what he was like before he disappeared and couldnt speculate on what he may be doing or where he was. No child support was ordered, as back then I didnt ask for it knowing he wouldnt pay anyway and they didnt enforce it like they do now.
It got to finally my oldest wanted to know where her dad was. She had gone as far as getting hold of the Maury Show (a daytime talk show), where they do this type of thing, to find him. Until some friends of mine told me they have p.i.'s in their office (theyre attorneys here in Calif) and could put one of them on the case for a very affordable price. I didnt think of that before because its very expensive but they offered too good of a price to turn down. Getting to the point, they contacted her a month later, and they found him. He was alive and well, and the reunion was so heartwarming. Long story short, to this day, we get along great, he had completely turned his life around (for the better) and they are closer now than ever.
Some guys though, make the choice to step out and not look back, not take on the responsibility, but then they complain they cant see the kid when they are the one who ran off and 'hid' for one reason or other. Fathers do have rights, granted, but they either need to show they want that and accept responsibility, or step out and legally waive that right if they dont want the obligations that come with it. The choice is usually under their control.

Old 11-18-2008, 08:25 AM

1 posts, read 2,023 times
Default a father says NO to visitation

this guy fought the system with both fists:
[url=http://www.motormanmark.com/?p=102]Motormanmark.com » Blog Archive » A Father Says NO to Visitation[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships