Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2013, 07:07 PM

518 posts, read 1,004,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
I don't think so! Aging will always involve reduced skin elasticity (perhaps with some rare exceptions). There is a tendency towards flabbiness, loss of muscle mass and tone, and cellulite that few avoid - men included. Body odor issues, etc., are probably exaggerations or misinformtion, though some elderly people have very poor hygiene.
So, you desire a younger woman because they haven't yet begun the "aging process". What's going to happen when your body starts to physically age and become flabby with reduced skin elasticity, loss of muscle mass and tone and starts to develop cellulite?!? Do you honestly believe a younger woman is going to want to see you naked (let alone touch you or have sex with you) when that happens? And, when this does happen to you (and it WILL), you're going to be on the receiving end of the same exact prejudice that you have towards women your own age.

Quote:
Of course, there is far, far more to attraction than youth and fertility, though that is certainly a factor. There are all the emotional and intellectual and compatibility factors that actually matter to mature men. Sometimes, you can get all that and find it in a youthful package - if so, why not?
Hey, if older men want to recapture their youth and disillusion themselves by having sex with younger women, that's their prerogative; whatever floats their boat. Life and reality will catch up to these older men sooner or later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 07:17 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,918,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
I agree, that was a poor example of maturity.
Yep, I had the same reaction as all of you...."Umm, this is supposed to be a positive thing?" I don't even think many of the people I knew in high school or college would have done something that immature. Maybe if they were drunk, but even then it's doubtful. More like 22 going on 5 than 22 going on 40.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:17 PM

868 posts, read 1,121,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
Men who date younger women usually do because they find women in their age group (and yours) unattractive. Women know this but hate to admit it: the older you get the more physically unattractive you become.

You can rationalize it all you want, but ultimately it simply boils down to that. The "date women in your own age group" thinking is only a societal rule so that old hens don't get left with only old guys of low social status. Life would be tragic if no man wanted to date any women over 40, so easier to hate/show disapproval of those guys who date younger women and to promote that position to all.

The reality is that younger women have high social value than older women (look at popular magazines for what female types are desirable), just like older men have higher social status as they get older due to career development and accumulation of resources. So for me, it has always made sense that a male of high social status has earned the right to be involved in a relationship with a woman of the same high social status, even though younger.

But it's one thing to want to date younger women, and a completely different thing to be able to do so.
These are your opinions, they are not mine.

I generally don't find "girls" attractive, I find "women" attractive. That's not to say I'm not so stuck in my morals and principles that I wouldn't date an emotionally and intellectually mature 20-something, but generally I would not.

The 22 year old coworker I often chat to and give the odd lift home, I have no attraction to her whatsoever, even though guys my age would snap her up in a heartbeat (and generally do).

It's nonsense that older women cease becoming attractive. Lots of women are attractive well into their 40's and even 50's. Just because you and other men want to write women off past 30, it doesn't mean that I do. On the contrary, I actually wouldn't mind going out with someone a little older.

We all age at some point. So even if I were a 37 year old now chasing 22 year olds, that 22 year old would be 30 in just 8 years. Perhaps many men would then dump the 30 year old for another 22 year old. It's a sad state of affairs.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:32 PM

521 posts, read 762,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
That's true about wanting to feel loved and appreciated. It's human nature.

I do feel bad for you redberry. Not all men think of women as sex objects and many will value you for the person you are inside.

I can relate to you though even though I'm one of those terrible men, but I feel the same sadness.
I wish I were born a man sometimes. I hate being a woman, because we are only considered valuable to men for such a short period of time. And soon time will be running out for me

Old 01-28-2013, 07:34 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,467,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
I wish I were born a man sometimes. I hate being a woman, because we are only considered valuable to men for such a short period of time. And soon time will be running out for me
Are you spoiling?

Old 01-28-2013, 07:36 PM

521 posts, read 762,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
Are you spoiling?
It's just depressing to read alot of the threads around here from men preferring young women. As a young woman, it doesn't necessarily make me feel better about myself, because I am not permanently set fixed at 23, I am going to soon get older and become one of those older women that men no longer want. It gives me great anxiety and I'm starting to really hate being a woman. I'm considering getting me some botox treatments so I can never get old, I want to look forever young

Old 01-28-2013, 07:37 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,396,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
That doesn't sound like maturity at all... mature people don't embarass others or are mean to people for revenge, especially for something as silly as knocking you over at a club.

A mature woman would have walked away from the situation and not acted like a scorned high schooler.

I do find it interesting that the people saying they're 'mature for their age' are agreeing that it was good though...
I agree. I don't see how that's mature either. I'm 23 and I can't picture myself dating someone that much older (too soon to assume). I just really have to be interested in him if it were to happen. A lot of time I sense this "father-daughter" relationship because of the respect I have for that person.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:42 PM

518 posts, read 1,004,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
Wow. So, you're only worth anything in this world if you're young and sexually attractive to men? And when you reach the magical ripe old age of "30", you're going to commit suicide?! With that attitude and aura, you'll NEVER be happy in your life - young or older.

Unbelievable. You have absolutely no self worth or confidence in yourself as a person or as a woman. This is a sadness.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:02 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,201,375 times
I didn't mean that I respected my cousin for that act. I respect her for having the courage to survive a rough upbringing without succumbing to self pity, drug or alcohol abuse. that is to to be respected. the other woman deliberately knocked her down and needed to be knocked down a few pegs. I added this because I found it amusing and to emphasize my remark about how she is not to be trifled with.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:06 PM

117 posts, read 179,489 times
people go for younger bec they perceive them to have better stamina/wildness in bed, have better bodies, be easier to control, want less, have less baggage, and because of some weird desire to be the literal figure of authority as it relates to age. it's not complicated. if someone is outright targeting the young ones, it's cause of one of those. pedo files target little kids for the same reason. the difference obviously being what the pedos do is illegal, wrong, and vomit inducing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships