Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 05:39 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raffael View Post
lol what

good luck with that hun

I swear people nowadays are so screwed in the head... ready to disclude a person over the fact he didn't bring a gift to your royal palace

who cares?!
I actually agree.....you invite someone to your home you look after them while they are staying with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2013, 06:27 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Hint: If I'm gonna use your shower honey, then I'm gonna bring some flowers and chocolates.
Along with a gift box of condoms and lube.

You think a gift Vibrator might be presumptuous on the 2nd date ?

Old 01-26-2013, 07:18 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
I never expect that someone bring something when I invite them over. I invited them because I wanted their company.

However, I ALWAYS bring something when I go to another person's house. It's just how I was raised. Depending on the event it's usually either an appetizer, bottle of wine, dessert or small plant.

Old 01-26-2013, 07:28 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungLove21 View Post
My best friends always bring something over when they come. I don't ask. They don't even ask. They just do it.
Your "best friends" are people who obviously know you very well and aren't in the category of someone you've just started dating. I think you're way out of line in getting so miffed about something so trivial. There should be no expectation of a host to expect that an invitee automatically bring something. I've been entertaining in my home(s) for close to 50 years now. I love to cook/entertain and love good company. I always appreciate someone's contribution but absolutely don't expect it and certainly wouldn't get all in a tizz-wazz about it.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:26 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungLove21 View Post
I don't have a date
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I think if you are in a relationship that would be a normal thing to do. You just say, "Hey, on your way over grab some milk", or whatever
But, if you've just started seeing someone, and it is the first time they are coming over...no. If you are inviting them over to hang out, watch movies...maybe they will bring their own snacks, or something to share. But, I've never considered someone rude when I invited them over and they didn't carry in a bag of goodies. Your the hostess, you provide the goodies.
And, honestly, if you are really counting toilet paper, maybe you aren't ready for house guests.
^^^^^ this. It may be indicative that you entitlement issues, which may be why you have no date. I have never expected anybody to bring me something when I invited them to my house. The only time I may bring something to somebodies house if they are having a party or get together I may bring a bottle of wine or liquor.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
hm... I kind of thought that part of being a host/ess was graciousness, generosity and hospitality. The pleasure of the other person's company is payment enough. Usually, they'll reciprocate eventually, and will have you over, or will take you out to dinner. But if it's a hardship to host someone, put a coin-operated lock on the bathroom door.
Lol, I know right, if I can't afford toilet paper I don't need to be having guess.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raffael View Post
lol what

good luck with that hun

I swear people nowadays are so screwed in the head... ready to disclude a person over the fact he didn't bring a gift to your royal palace

who cares?!
It might be a generational thing, a lot of young people now have entitlement issues.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:41 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,066,623 times
it's normal not to bring anything. It's ok if you need something to ask them to pick it up on the way.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:47 AM

3,111 posts, read 8,055,172 times
You don't have many visitors, do you?

Old 01-26-2013, 08:48 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Along with a gift box of condoms and lube.

You think a gift Vibrator might be presumptuous on the 2nd date ?
hahaha......no not at all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships