Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 11:34 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,069,190 times

Advertisements

^^^^ clearly there will be no trip. I don't see anything wrong with texting as long as there are dates. But there have not been enough dates, nor have there been texts so I will be bummed for a day and then let it go. At least I finally found someone I like, I'll find another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2013, 12:23 PM

50,923 posts, read 36,601,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
. At least I finally found someone I like, I'll find another.
That's the spirit! I felt that each guy was a little closer to the mark than the one before, and think that is a good sign

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 01-26-2013 at 01:35 PM..

Old 01-26-2013, 12:29 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,684,353 times
Quote:
^^^^ clearly there will be no trip. I don't see anything wrong with texting as long as there are dates. But there have not been enough dates, nor have there been texts so I will be bummed for a day and then let it go. At least I finally found someone I like, I'll find another.
When you find the next one, how will you alter your behavior in order to get a better outcome?

Old 01-26-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
When you find the next one, how will you alter your behavior in order to get a better outcome?
It's all about balance. And belief in myself. I thought he was the prize. So when he didn't want to set a place to meet, only a vague time ("3ish", I think he said.) I became nervous the date wasn't going to happen. So when he pushed back the time, with a perfectly legitimate reason (to be honest), I was not wanting to wait around because I thought he wouldn't follow through. So I overreacted. Yes, respect my time, but I should have given him the benefit of the doubt, or at least been nicer about it if I didn't want to wait around. In the future I will realize I have a tendency to overreact and a tendency to fear I'm not what the person wants. He's a catch , for someone, but not me. I am not so bad myself. lol. So balance, confidence and mutual respect but most of all- no overreacting. Thank you for your comments.

Old 01-26-2013, 12:41 PM

620 posts, read 1,301,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I have to admit the thing that stuck out to me in the OP was her comment about refusing to push back the start time of the date. I guess it would depend on the context because if he was asking for 15 minutes because he was called into a last minute meeting, or had to pick up his kid from daycare, or had some unexpected emergency, that seems unreasonably inflexible. But, if he was saying he needed to push the date back two hours, then I think it is reasonable to cancel the plans.

Old 01-26-2013, 12:45 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,684,353 times
Quote:
It's all about balance. And belief in myself. I thought he was the prize. So when he didn't want to set a place to meet, only a vague time ("3ish", I think he said.) I became nervous the date wasn't going to happen. So when he pushed back the time, with a perfectly legitimate reason (to be honest), I was not wanting to wait around because I thought he wouldn't follow through. So I overreacted. Yes, respect my time, but I should have given him the benefit of the doubt, or at least been nicer about it if I didn't want to wait around. In the future I will realize I have a tendency to overreact and a tendency to fear I'm not what the person wants. He's a catch , for someone, but not me. I am not so bad myself. lol. So balance, confidence and mutual respect but most of all- no overreacting. Thank you for your comments.

Old 01-26-2013, 01:15 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,782,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
Should post your suspected illnesses with the group. They should be experienced enough to know what to do.
Quote:
???
God I was so drunk last night. I have no clue what I was talking about.

Old 01-26-2013, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Siobhan View Post
I have to admit the thing that stuck out to me in the OP was her comment about refusing to push back the start time of the date. I guess it would depend on the context because if he was asking for 15 minutes because he was called into a last minute meeting, or had to pick up his kid from daycare, or had some unexpected emergency, that seems unreasonably inflexible. But, if he was saying he needed to push the date back two hours, then I think it is reasonable to cancel the plans.
He didn't specify how long. Just asked me did I have to work later that night. I said I did not. So it was an "I'll call you later". I know I also need to lighten up , but I do not like vague plans (nor do I like waiting around all day on my day off.) so I said "No, I'm going to make other plans."

Old 01-26-2013, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
God I was so drunk last night. I have no clue what I talking about.
Ok, lol ,hope you had fun. How about some input on the situation

Old 01-26-2013, 01:22 PM

620 posts, read 1,301,429 times
Quote:
He didn't specify how long. Just asked me did I have to work later that night. I said I did not. So it was an "I'll call you later". I know I also need to lighten up , but I do not like vague plans (nor do I like waiting around all day on my day off.) so I said "No, I'm going to make other plans."
Thanks. That provides more clarification and you were right to bounce out of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships