Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 09:52 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times

Advertisements

Hey Stumpy, you're right. There's nothing more pathetic than a short man trying to be a real man and date women. You have no hope. I bet I could pee over the top of your head except I'd probably miss from laughing at you.

Seriously, it's not your height that's a turnoff it's your self pity and self loathing. That's right up there w clingy.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:54 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
No, he always posts stuff about height and dating. It's his thing.
Most of what we are trying to tell him goes right over his head. It wouldn't if he'd listen to what we are saying. The pity and self esteem are the detractors.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:55 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,616,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
No, he always posts stuff about height and dating. It's his thing.
He needs more confidence then. OP I am sorry for the loss but I believe there was more to the suicide than just his height.

Have I ever wished I was taller? Yes. Did I let my height define me? No.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:55 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,651,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Most of what we are trying to him goes right over his head. It wouldn't if he'd listen to what we are saying.
Pun not intended?

Old 01-27-2013, 10:05 AM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortDoctor View Post
We are not meant for dating women. Dating to a short guy is like running to someone in a wheelchair. It can't be done. It's a lose lose situation. You can make six figures, have a nice career, it doesn't matter. Find some other hobbies. Focus on making yourself better. And when I mean short, I mean 5'3 to 5'6 (I am the former). I was just at a funeral for the son of a colleague who committed suicide over the rejection and ridicule he faced for his height. For the record he was about 5'4 when I last saw him. This is too much. It's not worth it. Do something else with your life. Despite what the media and society preach, you do not need love to survive. If you are a short man, you will just have to fight on without it.
Than how do you explain all the short guys (I mean 5' or under) who are quite popular with the ladies? Some are players, and have multiple women at once. Weren't you the guy who said he's only interested in women from Ivy League schools?

Every short guy I've ever known (and you're tall by comparison) was popular with women. What are you doing wrong?

Old 01-27-2013, 10:10 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,068,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Seriously, it's not your height that's a turnoff it's your self pity and self loathing. That's right up there w clingy.
We can end the thread with this one.

Seriously OP, it's not your height, I can promise you that. I've met plenty of men that are my height (5'3 - 5'4) that I'd be chasing if I were single.

Our best man was my height and he was very attractive and just an all around good guy. Very positive, intelligent, down to earth...he had a magnetic personality.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:15 AM

12,573 posts, read 15,561,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortDoctor View Post
We are not meant for dating women. Dating to a short guy is like running to someone in a wheelchair. It can't be done. It's a lose lose situation. You can make six figures, have a nice career, it doesn't matter. Find some other hobbies. Focus on making yourself better. And when I mean short, I mean 5'3 to 5'6 (I am the former). I was just at a funeral for the son of a colleague who committed suicide over the rejection and ridicule he faced for his height. For the record he was about 5'4 when I last saw him. This is too much. It's not worth it. Do something else with your life. Despite what the media and society preach, you do not need love to survive. If you are a short man, you will just have to fight on without it.
This is a very poignant post and if you are a short guy who falls within the height range and think this is true then off yourself; that way those short guys who don't buy this crap don't waste time living down these low self esteemed individuals.
FTR I'm 5'7", dated several women, got laid, and even found one to spend the rest of my life with.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:18 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,984,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Wow, no sympathy for a person who committed suicide? That's just flat-out heartless.

It really is shocking sometimes the lack of compassion and basic kindness people have for one another.
She obviously is not talking about sympathy for the guy who committed suicide. She is talking about sympathy for the short doctor who complains his height prevents him from finding dates.

I think the short doctor needs to change his attitude more than anything else. He is obsessed with his shortness, and it seems to dominate his life.

Like a previous poster mentioned, I recommend he go to a gym and build muscle. Having a body which looks sexy and appealing can make a big difference in his confidence level. Having muscle makes you feel strong, and feeling strong boosts your confidence. I see some short guys at my gym who have lots of muscle. I doubt anyone would mess with them. Bruce Lee was only around 5'7".

He also needs to focus his attention on hobbies and interests which make him happy, and stop obsessing with his short height. Then maybe he will meet women who share these common interests, and he can find dates with them.

He should also change his c-d member name from "short doctor" to something else. His member name indicates his obsession with his own height.

There are lots of short women (5' - 5'2") in the world, so I don't think it would be impossible for him to meet them. Some nationalities have lots of very short women, such as Asian and Mexican.

And I don't think all short women want to be with 6'+ men. I would think women want the men to be reasonably close to their own height, so they can hug, kiss, put arms around each other, etc. without having to reach way down or reach way up.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:20 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,616,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
This is a very poignant post and if you are a short guy who falls within the height range and think this is true then off yourself; that way those short guys who don't buy this crap don't waste time living down these low self esteemed individuals.
FTR I'm 5'7", dated several women, got laid, and even found one to spend the rest of my life with.
As much as I know you are kidding it is not a good recommendation to tell somebody to off themselves. We have no idea the mental condition the OP is truly in and he could take this advice very seriously.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:25 AM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post

Like a previous poster mentioned, I recommend he go to a gym and build muscle. Having a body which looks sexy and appealing can make a big difference in his confidence level.
Let me guess; the poster is a guy. What draws women, though, is this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Very positive, intelligent, and down to earth. He had a magnetic personality.
There's a certain cachet in being short and charismatic, or at the very least, a good guy who genuinely likes women. It doesn't hurt to have a talent of some sort, either, like music or art or something that makes you a more well-rounded person. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships