Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 05:06 AM

613 posts, read 1,054,782 times

Advertisements

Ill give you a little backround first and if I could get some advice it would be nice.

First Ive posted on here a couple of times about how Im new to the area and dont know anyone so the dating is kinda tough. So I thought Id try the online thing and see how it goes. So I met this girl went out a couple times kinda liked her thought things were going well. So a couple nights ago we were at my house watching a movie and she gets a text from her friend.

I tell you a little about her friend. Very pretty girl. She does have a habit of dressing we'll say pretty revealing when she goes out. She's the type of girl that flirts with guys to get free drinks. Ive hung out with her and the girl Im kinda dating only twice but both times Ive seen her do this and joke about it. I wouldnt say the girl is easy but she kinda is for the right guy if you know what I mean. Both times we have hung out she's gone home with a guy and had a one night stand which is none of my business but the girl Im dating told me.

So back to the other night. So her friend texts her and says she met this guys at a bar and was going back to their hotel with them to smoke weed. So the girl Im dating shows me the text and was like she is such a hoochie and I said you should tell her to be careful because that sounds like trouble. So a little while goes by and she gets another text from her friend saying that she's kinda creeped out and just wanted to smoke but the guys keep asking to hook up and touching her like smacking her ass.

So I tell the girl Im with to ask where the hotel is. Which she does and I call them and ask to send a security guard up there to get her friend. Which turned out to be good cuz she asked to leave the room and the guys wouldnt let her. So we drive down there to pick her up. Which we do and take the girl home and I kinda kept quiet and let them talk.

So earlier tonight we were talking about it and I kinda said she has to talk to her friend because she is kinda asking for it. And she was like what is that suppose to mean and I said she could have been raped. And she was like thats her fault. And I said kinda. So then she blows up and says its disgusting that I think like that and she cant be with someone like that. And says she doesnt want to date any more.

So I thought that was a pretty stupid reason and that it would have to be something else. I mean I could have worded what I said better but to not wanna see me any more just doesnt make sense. And I dont think what I said was that bad. I dont think any one should be raped but you have to look at the situation the girl put herself in.

Basically what Im asking is what I said that bad or do you think maybe she just wasnt in to me and kinda took that as a way out. We didnt have sex just kissed and hung out about 5 times and talked almost everyday for a month. Let me know.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2013, 05:19 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,282,640 times
Drop her.

You did nothing wrong. I totally understood the context. She appears to be the argumentative type. But this is coming from a person with a very, very low tolerance for that.

This all started with alcohol - one of the worst drugs out there.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:21 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,704,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1282 View Post
And I said kinda.
This was your error.

You're fixing a broken doorway in your home and the header falls on your head and gives you a concussion. Is it your fault?

Also, part of getting to know someone is getting to know what their sensibilities are. If I were to go out on a date with someone who insisted on eating huge, bloody steaks with me, then I would initiate a break up, not because the meat-eater is a bad person for eating meat, but because the meat-eater isn't sensitive to what I care about as an ethical vegetarian. Simple incompatibility; not necessarily anything anyone did wrong.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:21 AM

896 posts, read 1,476,436 times
So basically you are trying to boink both of these women and its not working?

Old 01-27-2013, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post
So basically you are trying to boink both of these women and its not working?
No not at all. I liked the girl I was dating

Old 01-27-2013, 05:26 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,282,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
This was your error.

You're fixing a broken doorway in your home and the header falls on your head and gives you a concussion. Is it your fault?
Not a fair comparison.

She was impaired by alcohol and going with strangers to a hotel to smoke pot. I thought the reaction of the OP was appropriate.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
This was your error.

Also, part of getting to know someone is getting to know what their sensibilities are. If I were to go out on a date with someone who insisted on eating huge, bloody steaks with me, then I would initiate a break up, not because the meat-eater is a bad person for eating meat, but because the meat-eater isn't sensitive to what I care about as an ethical vegetarian. Simple incompatibility; not necessarily anything anyone did wrong.
Fixing a broken doorway? Thats the same as going to a hotel room to do drugs with someone you just met???????

Old 01-27-2013, 05:29 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,704,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
Not a fair comparison.
If it wasn't a fair comparison, I wouldn't have posted it. Trying to avoid its ramifications by claiming it isn't a fair comparison would indicate a reluctance to admit the reason why the OP was dumped. You can choose to see the relative culpability differently, but your discretion in that regard has no privilege; other reasonable people can assess the culpability differently from you. If you don't respect the woman you're with even that much, then better to part ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
She was impaired by alcohol and going with strangers to a hotel to smoke pot.
And in the example I provided, the person was trying to repair a doorway without adequate experience in construction. Both examples had risk, but neither example had "fault".

Quote:
Fixing a broken doorway? Thats the same as going to a hotel room to do drugs with someone you just met???????
Reasonable people, like the woman who dumped you, would see it that way, at least with regard to culpability. Which is the point: You see things differently: Be glad you were dumped.

Last edited by bUU; 01-27-2013 at 05:43 AM..

Old 01-27-2013, 05:37 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,010 times
Quote:
Ill give you a little backround first and if I could get some advice it would be nice.

First Ive posted on here a couple of times about how Im new to the area and dont know anyone so the dating is kinda tough. So I thought Id try the online thing and see how it goes. So I met this girl went out a couple times kinda liked her thought things were going well. So a couple nights ago we were at my house watching a movie and she gets a text from her friend.

I tell you a little about her friend. Very pretty girl. She does have a habit of dressing we'll say pretty revealing when she goes out. She's the type of girl that flirts with guys to get free drinks. Ive hung out with her and the girl Im kinda dating only twice but both times Ive seen her do this and joke about it. I wouldnt say the girl is easy but she kinda is for the right guy if you know what I mean. Both times we have hung out she's gone home with a guy and had a one night stand which is none of my business but the girl Im dating told me.

So back to the other night. So her friend texts her and says she met this guys at a bar and was going back to their hotel with them to smoke weed. So the girl Im dating shows me the text and was like she is such a hoochie and I said you should tell her to be careful because that sounds like trouble. So a little while goes by and she gets another text from her friend saying that she's kinda creeped out and just wanted to smoke but the guys keep asking to hook up and touching her like smacking her ass.

So I tell the girl Im with to ask where the hotel is. Which she does and I call them and ask to send a security guard up there to get her friend. Which turned out to be good cuz she asked to leave the room and the guys wouldnt let her. So we drive down there to pick her up. Which we do and take the girl home and I kinda kept quiet and let them talk.

So earlier tonight we were talking about it and I kinda said she has to talk to her friend because she is kinda asking for it. And she was like what is that suppose to mean and I said she could have been raped. And she was like thats her fault. And I said kinda. So then she blows up and says its disgusting that I think like that and she cant be with someone like that. And says she doesnt want to date any more.

So I thought that was a pretty stupid reason and that it would have to be something else. I mean I could have worded what I said better but to not wanna see me any more just doesnt make sense. And I dont think what I said was that bad. I dont think any one should be raped but you have to look at the situation the girl put herself in.

Basically what Im asking is what I said that bad or do you think maybe she just wasnt in to me and kinda took that as a way out. We didnt have sex just kissed and hung out about 5 times and talked almost everyday for a month. Let me know.......
I wouldnt worry you didnt say anything wrong. the girls friend wasnt being responsible and you pointed that out anyone with half a brain could see that something bad was going to happen to her if she carried on like this......thanks to you and your advice she didnt get raped or worse so i think the girl you were dating was looking for an excuse and you provided one.

keep looking you'll find a nice girl who wont be looking for a stupid excuse to end things.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:03 AM

1,203 posts, read 4,082,047 times
It's a dumb reason for her to break up with you, but you're probably better off. Sounds like her friend doesn't know how to make good decisions and you'd probably end up having to bail her out again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships