Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 07:52 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,658,374 times

Advertisements

How exactly do you resurrect a thread that's a year and a half old and why? I'm pretty sure all involved have moved on so it seems pointless to bring it back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2014, 07:57 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSunlight View Post
Interesting. As I explained, that wasn't the issue. Nonetheless, I recognize that if Robin Williams was making a joke, it would have been ok. Across a computer screen, it isn't registering.
You think it isn't an issue but it is.

Move on. She is obviously not easy going enough to laugh this off.

Old 09-16-2014, 07:59 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986pacecar View Post
How exactly do you resurrect a thread that's a year and a half old and why? I'm pretty sure all involved have moved on so it seems pointless to bring it back.
Short threads were popular a while back.

Old 09-16-2014, 09:28 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,527,668 times
Dont blame your friend just cause a girl wasnt into you

This girl just ditched cause your friend made a joke about short men?? She wasnt into you AT ALL in the first place if she ditched you for something so trivial. Good riddance. In any case, your friend Jane is right, you should be thanking her instead of calling her "b***h"

Old 09-16-2014, 11:28 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,642,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSunlight View Post
So, I had been dating a wonderful girl for a few months now, and things were going well. She was exactly my type physically and had a great personality. We got along great, and we were both looking to relocate to the same place (her for graduate school and me for a new place to live). Life was good and then I went to a party with her.

I was talking with her, and a female friend of mine (so there was 3 of us in the group). This friend of mine has been around for many years, lets call her Jane. The topic came up of having kids (Jane is 33 and single). Jane says "I'd have kids right now, married or not. I'm so ready to have a baby." To which me, as a jokester of the group, said "Ok, lets go upstairs", and motioned toward the stairs in a joking fashion. We chuckled for a second and then she said, " I would never, never have a baby with a guy as short as you". Now, understand, my height isn't an issue for me. I am 5'5", but I never talk about it, and I sometimes struggle but still manage to find dates. So, the issue isn't my height. Also, Jane is about 5'8", so she is quite tall for a woman. My girl was 5'1", for perspective. Anyways, the timing couldn't be better as she said it during a quiet break, so she really hammered the fact home.

I said "Well, you're pretty tall, so I can understand that". She said "Even if I was short, I would never date a guy who is as short as you. Most women think about their kids and genetics and went into a whole speech about short boys getting beat up and made fun of, and short people being heavier, etc (I am stocky myself, so I took that as a dig), and how smaller guys can't protect you as well. After that, I noticed a marked difference in my girlfriends behavior. She was clearly more distant and I could easily tell that she was thinking about this. This girl has been avoiding me ever since, so I just gave up on her. I'm not into girls that aren't into me- its a waste of time "convincing" someone to like you, not that I initially didn't try this, because I liked this cute girl so much.

It really, really made me mad that my friend did this. So, I went off on her. Her response was that if the girl really cared for me, what she (Jane) said wouldn't matter. She basically made it out like she did ME a favor! I stated that she caused this, fanned the flames, and it was the wrong opinion at the wrong time. I called her the b-word several times and our friendship is over. Now, my circle of friends are divided and because most of them are females, they are siding with her over me because of their sex, mostly. Privately, some of them feel that I am 100% right and she was wrong, but alas, those women don't seem to side with what is right, but only loyalty to the other girls. Chicks before d*cks I guess. Lastly, I kinda feel that these girls feel that, as a man, I need to man-up and deal with it. Its so frustrating because its so clear that these girls just don't understand how I felt about this girl. In other words, many women think we, as men, can coldly man-up, go out, and just find someone new. I know first-hand how incredibly hard that is for men, too.

I guess I'm just venting but I'm so disappointed in the way things are going down. I strongly feel that this single girl, Jane, just wanted to ruin what was a good relationship out of jealousy. Not that she wants me at all, but because she's a miserable person. She seems to root for breakups too, her advice has always been "you should dump him" whenever one of the other girls are having man problems. Now I'm moving 450 miles away, and just wonder what to do, as this girl wanted to move to this new area too. I feel like "explaining" my height just makes a shorter man look desperate, as well as there is nothing to explain- it is what it is. Feels like a no-win situation. Anyway, thanks for listening.
Listen up! Your girlfriend is a whimp. A limp vulva. Ain't NOBODY talking about my man like that and humiliating him in front of me. Nope. Nope. Nope. My man is the most perfect specimen on this side of the multiverse. I'd kill nine b*****es to avenge his honor - and I do mean kill with my intellect and with words, not violence. Why didn't she speak up about how sexy you are? The heck kind of woman is this you're dying over??? Lie to me!

And why do you have so many b*****es as friends when you're trying to date and start a relationship with someone? That's the first problem right there - too many vaginas up in here; jealousy, envy, cruel mean firecrotch b*****es. Get rid of them!

No, you don't need to explain yourself because your height is not a shortcoming. You're a delectable treat who is madly passionate about a woman who isn't even strong enough to hold her own and won't defend you! I will defend my man and go to war beside him! You deserve a stronger woman than her. there's no way I would have stood idly by as some strumpet @ss heifer of a wombat harped on what she thinks are my man's shortcomings. I would have shut it down.

I suspect your girlfriend is weak. You shouldn't be so insecure and just let people talk trash about you pretending to be passive aggressive. You have to let these b*****es know you're fine with being short, and just because parents of a child are short, does not necessarily mean the children will be, too, and even if they are, so what? Your friend is a cruel one with no love in her life and she's judgmental, and she's 33 and single, and no one wants her because she lacks kindness and grace, the witch. You have someone and the b***h has NO ONE. You should have hammered that home. She needs to stop worrying about you and your girlfriend and how to insult you to tear you down in front of her, and start worrying about her own damn emptiness in life. That hussy!

Oh wow, I just noticed this is a thread from January 2013. Lol

Last edited by Yiuppy; 09-16-2014 at 11:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships