Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 06:27 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,032,605 times

Advertisements

I was at a friend's house yesterday and saw The Art of Seduction (by Robert Greene) sitting on her coffee table. Naturally, curious me started flipping through it and I read a paragraph here and there before my friend emerged and we were off to dinner. My friend said she was given the book from another friend, but has not had the chance to read it yet.

I found the book quite interesting, what I did read. Has anyone here read it or used the tactics found in it?

Oh, and yes I am planning a grand seduction and yes I am amoral. That's sarcasm btw, for those who can't pick up on it over the internet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 06:39 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,300,417 times
The Art of Seduction? Hmmmm ... Does it have a chapter on wearing short shorts, and push up bras?

I've heard of the book, but would never waste my time reading it. Sounds similiar to the book about Power that came out some time ago. Better to invest in a book that actually adds something to your inteligence.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:44 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,043,503 times
That book is awesome!! He has a book on warfare and it's just as good.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:45 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,197,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutEve View Post
The Art of Seduction? Hmmmm ... Does it have a chapter on wearing short shorts, and push up bras?

I've heard of the book, but would never waste my time reading it. Sounds similiar to the book about Power that came out some time ago. Better to invest in a book that actually adds something to your inteligence.
So you have no idea what you're talking about and yet... you KNOW!

Old 11-08-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
So you have no idea what you're talking about and yet... you KNOW!
My point is, what is the point in reading a book about seduction? Why go through the pain? If you like the book, by all means, sing its praises but I just don't see the appeal.

I am an avid book reader. I have more books than I know what to do with. But I won't waste my time on gobbily goo.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:49 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,043,503 times
Quote:
What the 48 laws of power/attraction or something like that? Anyhow, The Art of Seduction is actually a book written for intelligent people.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
Anyhow, The Art of Seduction is actually a book written for intelligent people.
I'll take your word on that

Old 11-08-2009, 06:52 PM

Quote:
But I won't waste my time on gobbily goo.
The question remains - how do you know it's gobbily goo?!

Old 11-08-2009, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
The question remains - how do you know it's gobbily goo?!
If you can't differentiate gobbily goo from reading material that actually makes you think, than I don't know what to tell you. I think maybe I've said all there needs to be said. Or can be said. Read it, fine. Read it, then give it 5 stars on Amazon, and buy 5 copies and give it to all your friends. Knock yourself out.

Old 11-08-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:
If you can't differentiate gobbily goo from reading material that actually makes you think, than I don't know what to tell you. I think maybe I've said all there needs to be said. Or can be said. Read it, fine. Read it, then give it 5 stars on Amazon, and buy 5 copies and give it to all your friends. Knock yourself out.
Well, unlike you I HAVE read it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships