Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2013, 07:15 PM

6,705 posts, read 8,773,330 times

Advertisements

Long time member and poster here but usually post locally.

I decided to branch out and ask some questions that hopefully someone may be able to relate to.

I am a gay deaf male, mid 30's. While I have dated hearing guys, I have never had the opportunity to date another deaf or hard of hearing guy.

The point I am trying to get to is that there are many times when I feel that I would connect better with someone that is deaf like myself. For many reasons, I have found it quite difficult to connect with a guy that is not deaf.

Is there anyone here that is aware of a situation where there are two deaf guys in a relationship? I would like some feedback if this is you or you are aware of a such relationship.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 08:27 PM

204 posts, read 911,249 times
I briefly dated a deaf guy, but I am not. I did meet several other deaf gay men through him and occasionally have met others. There are meet up groups of gay deaf men here in Chicago, so a lot of them know and date each other. I think most of the deaf gay men I've met date other men who are.

I've known a number of people, both gay and straight, who've dated people who weren't born speaking the same language. Even though those couples are able to speak in the same language, there can be conflicts due to gaps or uknown nuances in their native tongue. I noticed the same thing when I dated a deaf guy, we had other differences that led to abreak up, but there were many times when we had issues communicating and our personal relationships with the world around us were very different.

Ask around or search the internet to see if their are social groups for deaf gay men in your area. Maybe try online dating,there seems to be a dating site for many other groups of people.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:06 PM

650 posts, read 701,712 times
I think there is one where I work. He loves to put hands on other men and he.s alwaus doing the smutty penis gestures with his hands. Hes married bit that sure comes as a surprise to everyone. Hes 62 but acts very very much younger.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:10 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,826,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
Long time member and poster here but usually post locally.

I decided to branch out and ask some questions that hopefully someone may be able to relate to.

I am a gay deaf male, mid 30's. While I have dated hearing guys, I have never had the opportunity to date another deaf or hard of hearing guy.

The point I am trying to get to is that there are many times when I feel that I would connect better with someone that is deaf like myself. For many reasons, I have found it quite difficult to connect with a guy that is not deaf.

Is there anyone here that is aware of a situation where there are two deaf guys in a relationship? I would like some feedback if this is you or you are aware of a such relationship.

Damn, that must suck.

Surely you can't be the only gay and deaf guy out there. Living in an area with a high amount of gay guys should produce some gays who are also deaf, I would think. Maybe making a move could help?

And do answer your question, I've never heard of two deaf gay dudes in a relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships