Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-12-2013, 01:15 PM
 
Location: Keosauqua, Iowa
9,613 posts, read 21,168,035 times
Reputation: 13662

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Because I feel divorced people are often lacking in morals I am a troll?
No, because you say crap like "I'm not going to argue with anyone less educated than me." Real people don't make such statements when they aren't debating neurological medicine or splitting atoms or things like that.

And for the record, you don't say divorced people are OFTEN lacking in morals, you say divorced people are ALWAYS lacking in morals.

Quote:
then if you have a kid you should have stayed married.
It wasn't my decision. Sure, I could have fought it in court and drug the thing out for several years; it would have cost me a fortune and destroyed my daughter, but so what, right?

Quote:
You better believe I am mean because I am tired of men who failed in marriage trying to contact me on dating sites.
I've gotta be perfectly honest here, if you are a real person I have a hard time believing that anyone would try to contact you on a dating site.

Quote:
I am not interested in taking care of his kids.
And I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be interested in having you do it once he go to know you a little better.

For the record, I don't think there's anything at all wrong with someone who has never been married wanting to find someone else who hasn't been married. But in this case, the justification being used is completely warped.

 
Old 02-12-2013, 01:16 PM
 
Location: Arizona
326 posts, read 477,441 times
Reputation: 304
I'm not gonna lie, this thread is madly entertaining.
 
Old 02-12-2013, 01:17 PM
 
14,294 posts, read 13,138,600 times
Reputation: 17797
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
in another thread, unexpected said she was an excellent attention seeker...I said that she wasn't that good...boy was I wrong!!
117 posts in 1.5 hours about the same tired subject

It is a really slow day here.
 
Old 02-12-2013, 01:20 PM
 
Location: Middle of the valley
48,363 posts, read 34,504,185 times
Reputation: 73426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Yes shame on me for wanting a man who hasn't done the marriage thing before. Very few people want a partner who has done things that they haven't before so not alone.
I'm 46. Where in the world would people in our age bracket find someone who hasn't done a LOT of things before?!!

Why would I want someone who hasn't done a lot of things in general?

My ego isn't so delicate that I need to be the first in stuff to feel valued. I know better.

I can see why Taco Man held an attraction for you, 40 year old unmarried guy living with his mom.
 
Old 02-12-2013, 01:21 PM
 
896 posts, read 1,472,144 times
Reputation: 2188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Because I feel divorced people are often lacking in morals I am a troll? then if you have a kid you should have stayed married. You better believe I am mean because I am tired of men who failed in marriage trying to contact me on dating sites. I am not interested in taking care of his kids.
Well this may come as a shock to you, but a massive percentage of people who stayed miserably married did so because they were too weak to be alone. The divorce rate isn't the only indicator of failed marriages. Look around you and see how many happily married couples you know.

At least the divorced men were strong enough to admit their marriage failed and stand alone.

And yes, a single dad at 39 is far more likely to be committment material than a 39 yr old never married.
 
Old 02-12-2013, 01:21 PM
 
Location: Mountains of Oregon
17,611 posts, read 22,545,215 times
Reputation: 14310
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Where is taco man?!
taco man got a job making burritos at "Taco Bell"......
 
Old 02-12-2013, 01:21 PM
 
4,217 posts, read 7,282,399 times
Reputation: 5372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I'm 46. Where in the world would people in our age bracket find someone who hasn't done a LOT of things before?!!

Why would I want someone who hasn't done a lot of things in general?

My ego isn't so delicate that I need to be the first in stuff to feel valued. I know better.
Duh, it means she needs to find someone whose been living in a cave for 40+ years. No marriage, no kids, no relationships, no traveling, no life experience whatsoever.
 
Old 02-12-2013, 01:24 PM
 
Location: Middle of the valley
48,363 posts, read 34,504,185 times
Reputation: 73426
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Duh, it means she needs to find someone whose been living in a cave for 40+ years. No marriage, no kids, no relationships, no traveling, no life experience whatsoever.
Such a catch!!

 
Old 02-12-2013, 01:25 PM
 
Location: On the corner of Grey Street
6,126 posts, read 10,078,578 times
Reputation: 11796
You clearly love drama and attention. We've discussed your preference for childless never married men a MILLION times. We all know where you stand.

Do you want some kind of prize for being 40 something and never married and childless? Because honestly that doesn't sound moral at all to me. It just sounds sad because clearly you are NOT really okay with your life decisions or you wouldn't be on an internet forum trying to justify your dating preferences to strangers. I almost feel sorry for you. You claim to be religious, but you have no idea what that even means. It's about being kind, treating people with compassion and understanding, and knowing it isn't your place to pass judgment on how people choose to live their lives.
 
Old 02-12-2013, 01:25 PM
 
3,083 posts, read 4,864,863 times
Reputation: 3724
her posts remind one of CD91 (to those who can recall) just illogical thought process combined with stubborness and lack of 'openmindedness'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top