Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-12-2013, 02:25 PM
 
Location: Keosauqua, Iowa
9,611 posts, read 21,144,919 times
Reputation: 13662

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Duh, it means she needs to find someone whose been living in a cave for 40+ years. No marriage, no kids, no relationships, no traveling, no life experience whatsoever.
Adam Weber, maybe?

 
Old 02-12-2013, 02:27 PM
 
1,233 posts, read 1,777,992 times
Reputation: 1364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Such a catch!!


Watch it! I'm in my 40s and have never been married and I have no kids!
 
Old 02-12-2013, 02:29 PM
 
10,029 posts, read 10,857,297 times
Reputation: 5945
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
I think there's a pretty good chance of you being alone the rest of your life. We learn from our mistakes....if someone "failed" (as you so judgementally put it) they may have gone through a period of introspection in what happened in the relationship, leading to personal growth and as a result, becoming a better partner. However, no one is perfect. If you are waiting for Mr. Perfect you will be waiting a long time for him to come around, and as another poster said, they must find you acceptable as well.
There is never a guarantee anyone will be alone or not, including married people.
 
Old 02-12-2013, 02:29 PM
 
333 posts, read 309,515 times
Reputation: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
No one tells women that divorced men are so terrific. Not sure where you got that from.
That's actually a notion that is commonly passed around these days. Just another one of those pop culture colloquial wisdom things that people repeat amongst each other.
 
Old 02-12-2013, 02:29 PM
 
Location: Middle of the valley
48,280 posts, read 34,402,478 times
Reputation: 73221
Quote:
Originally Posted by VX5650 View Post
Watch it! I'm in my 40s and have never been married and I have no kids!

Do you have a life? Then you don't fit the definition of what we were referring to.



Hey! Have you met Idon'tdateyou?!!! You are just what she is looking for!
 
Old 02-12-2013, 02:31 PM
 
10,029 posts, read 10,857,297 times
Reputation: 5945
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post
Well this may come as a shock to you, but a massive percentage of people who stayed miserably married did so because they were too weak to be alone. The divorce rate isn't the only indicator of failed marriages. Look around you and see how many happily married couples you know.

At least the divorced men were strong enough to admit their marriage failed and stand alone.

And yes, a single dad at 39 is far more likely to be committment material than a 39 yr old never married.
Of course, because he wants to find a woman to support his kids. I know mostly happily married couples.
 
Old 02-12-2013, 02:33 PM
 
10,029 posts, read 10,857,297 times
Reputation: 5945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
taco man got a job making burritos at "Taco Bell"......
He owns his own business. Something he was able to do because he didn't have kids.
 
Old 02-12-2013, 02:34 PM
 
1,233 posts, read 1,777,992 times
Reputation: 1364
Quote:
Do you have a life?
Of course not! Why do you think I'm on this d*mn forum?!?! :-)


Quote:
Hey! Have you met Idon'tdateyou?!!! You are just what she is looking for!
I'm not Catholic.
 
Old 02-12-2013, 02:34 PM
 
3,083 posts, read 4,861,047 times
Reputation: 3724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Of course, because he wants to find a woman to support his kids. I know mostly happily married couples.
perhaps I missed your response to this...but what is your position on the woman in the relationship..you almost get the impression that no matter what happened in the marriage you tend to think that the man is responsible for the breakup of the marriage..could I be wrong?
 
Old 02-12-2013, 02:34 PM
 
10,029 posts, read 10,857,297 times
Reputation: 5945
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
No, because you say crap like "I'm not going to argue with anyone less educated than me." Real people don't make such statements when they aren't debating neurological medicine or splitting atoms or things like that.

And for the record, you don't say divorced people are OFTEN lacking in morals, you say divorced people are ALWAYS lacking in morals.



It wasn't my decision. Sure, I could have fought it in court and drug the thing out for several years; it would have cost me a fortune and destroyed my daughter, but so what, right?



I've gotta be perfectly honest here, if you are a real person I have a hard time believing that anyone would try to contact you on a dating site.



And I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be interested in having you do it once he go to know you a little better.

For the record, I don't think there's anything at all wrong with someone who has never been married wanting to find someone else who hasn't been married. But in this case, the justification being used is completely warped.
Men with kids contact me on dating sites because they think I am desperate enough to want them and financially support them. Not desperate and no plans to support their kids and their ex wife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top