Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 03:18 PM

494 posts, read 1,916,614 times

Advertisements

My GF tells me she has dated millionaires in the past and they were all jerks. My GF is reasonably attractive imo but she is 40lbs overweight. I have also read many women on this forum claiming to have dated millionaires. Also, my GF tells me that her friend who is pretty average in my opinion exclusively dates only millionaires. BTW, this particular friend makes only about 80K but she thinks she is entitled to date only millionaires because she is thin and hot.

First off, I have huge doubts about all of this. Just statistically speaking the number of millionaires in the country are not that many. Secondly the number of millionaires in a particular metro region are even more limited. Thirdly, the number of millionaires that are single and available AND looking for a relationship are probably a small percentage of that. Fourthly, out of a very very small pool of potential candidates the chances that one would be asked out on a date given the competition for these millionaires by the plethora of hot women is infinitesimally small.

My view is that these women, my GF included, met some guys who bull****ted that they were millionaires. Anyone can claim they are millionaires, did these women verify their net worth? This is what bothers me!! arrgh!

What do you think? Why is this bothering me? It is because I hate conceited women and this attitude that just because a woman is thin she is automatically entitled to a guy who makes millions... in the real world I am just not seeing it but yet I have heard so many women claiming that they have settled for the good guy earning "only" $100,000/yr when they infact could've got a guy making millions...pfftt!

I make north of $100k/yr and I know how hard it was for me to get to where I am, no walk in the park... but then I meet some women who are like "oh, that's nothing! I used to date millionaires but you're a good guy so I am settling for your poor $100k/yr income"... WTF?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 03:27 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times
You would be surprised how many millionaires exist these days. Many of them live in some pretty unassuming neighborhoods, too. But then again, you are probably on to something regarding the men that these women have dated. Maybe they were able to project a picture of wealth beyond what they actually had.

If you are happy with your girlfriend I wouldn't worry about it. Unless of course your girlfriend is comparing you to all her "millionaire" ex boyfriends in an effort to make you feel inferior or imply that she can do better. Then you have a much greater problem then other guys out there pretending to be millionaires.

Old 02-17-2013, 03:29 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,557,269 times
Only 80k? Nice to know that is a pittance in your world especially when you are just tipping over 100k. Kind of hypocritical. Yes?
Meanwhile, back at the ranch: It bothers you because you are getting snubbed, out played and realize you don't have a chance.

Old 02-17-2013, 03:35 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,422,144 times
millionaires is old school, is now multi millionaires or more rare billionaires

Old 02-17-2013, 03:43 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,362,447 times
You're kidding, right? Do you realize how pointlessly bitter and angry you sound? Not to mention the insane degree of bean counting you're engaging in...

My mother has dated multiple millionaires since divorcing my father at 50. She's 65, vivacious and frequently courted by men who are very well-off. But she's no movie star. (And Pop has at various times in his life been a millionaire, I'm pretty sure.) They're a dime a dozen - being a millionaire is not that extraordinary these days.

And if you're sitting there scoffing at your girlfriend's dating prospects because she's 40 pounds overweight and only "reasonably" attractive, then maybe you shouldn't be with her. You certainly don't seem to like or respect her much.

Old 02-17-2013, 03:45 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
I don't pay any attention to women who claim to only date men who make a specific amount. They aren't worth my time.

Same with women with strange height requirements and some other stuff. I don't pay attention to those women.

Old 02-17-2013, 03:46 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
A million isn't much these days. It can vanish in a single shudder of the stock market. Where do you meet these women? If you don't like the company you keep, keep different company. Problem solved.

Old 02-17-2013, 03:55 PM

1,351 posts, read 1,597,645 times
People with net worths of 7 figures are a bit more common than you seem to think. A lot of millionaires live in modest houses, drive inexpensive cars, and wear inexpensive clothes. You wouldn't be able to tell them apart from the next guy who makes $40k/year and has little accumulated wealth. Many millionaires got to where they're at by saving and investing smartly.

OP, you sound insecure to me. If you're happy with your relationship with your GF, then stop caring so much about who she's dated in the past. Most people aged 25+ are going to have some sort of previous experience of in the dating/relationship realm.

Old 02-17-2013, 04:04 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,064,992 times
Interesting thread. That's what I was thinking. Who verified their income? And really, who cares? No disrespect to you, I mean to say to the ladies who cares? I hate a man who talks about exes on dates, it's more tolerable in a committed relationship, but still a bit 'who cares'. My ex was so pretty, my ex was so rich etc. oh yeah, then why aren't you still with them. Just ignor the ex talk except to note if they talk about the ex too much . . .

Old 02-17-2013, 04:15 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,918,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducviloxi View Post
Also, my GF tells me that her friend who is pretty average in my opinion exclusively dates only millionaires. BTW, this particular friend makes only about 80K but she thinks she is entitled to date only millionaires because she is thin and hot.
First you said she's average, then you said she's hot. Which is it?

You sound way too focused on money and, as others are saying, bitter. Who cares who others date? How would a woman know how much money you or others make, anyway, unless you're posting your salary on a dating site or something. I've never had a single woman ask me that question on a date or before going out with me. If she did I'd be running far away, and I sure as hell wouldn't care who she decided to date instead of me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships