Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 08:53 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,892,425 times

Advertisements

I would have to say that both genders do this although (predictably) there will be female posters who deny this. What we SEE is the first thing that attracts us, if the looks arent there then most likely nothing comes of it, but there are exceptions of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2013, 09:03 AM

11,836 posts, read 12,113,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Well, the study clearly shows that women are substantialy harsher when judging mans looks, considering they find 80% of men below average looking, which is a result we should never see. Men find roughly 50% of women below average looking, which is an expected and reasonable result. I do agree with you that looks are only one trait, but this is solely what is being judged here. In my opinion, Women and handsome men have an incredible advantage when it comes to online dating. The reason for that is quite simple. Almost all men, are able to tell if a woman would make a good mate by simply looking at her picture.

This is because physical beauty is by far the most important trait that men care about when choosing a woman. As such, with a few pictures, men have a full representation of a lady that has an online profile. But it doesnt quite work the same in the vice versa scenario. The reason for that, is that while every woman wants an attractive partner, the physical beauty is NOT as important as behavior, confidence, asseritvness, aggression etc. Its because women are by far most attracted to mans behavior rather than his looks. Online dating does not allow men to exhibit their behavior and as such are judged and ultimately ignored based on looks. Many of the same men would do very well in real life with the very same women who are choosing not to bother.
Ahhhhhahahahahahahahahahaha! The bolded is the funniest thing I've read in ages! Hahahahahahahaha! (wiping away tears of laughter)

Old 02-19-2013, 09:38 AM

708 posts, read 881,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Ahhhhhahahahahahahahahahaha! The bolded is the funniest thing I've read in ages! Hahahahahahahaha! (wiping away tears of laughter)
Yep. If a woman's looks were predictive of her status as a good mate, then there wouldn't be some of the posts we have here. Wasn't this same guy complaining about his partner yesterday?

Old 02-19-2013, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Yeah..I didn't notice that..that is absolute nonsense, we can get a perception of what she MIGHT be like looking at a picture, nothing more.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:52 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,402,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
Yeah..I didn't notice that..that is absolute nonsense, we can get a perception of what she MIGHT be like looking at a picture, nothing more.
Correction: a perception of whether or not you'd wanna do her.

This rating stuff is ridiculous. Just because women rated pictures lower doesn't mean they won't date guys who aren't built like Beckham.

Just means they were rating with male actors and models as a standard. And why not?

I can think a guy is gorgeous and not wanna date him. I can think he's below average and find him interesting.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:56 AM

2,732 posts, read 3,593,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garonick View Post
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese
I dont want to get off topic here but in NYC what you just stated is true. Plenty of men inflate womens egos here to the point she thinks she is miss it. Plenty of guys tell these women who are below a 5 that they are hot, sexy, damb ma, god bless you, can I go down on you. These type of women here are open to these type of topics. Sad thing is these women over time see themselves as hot stuff and feel they need a physically attractive guy and avoid average joes. Believe me walk down the streets of NY tou will see plenty of unattractive women with attractive men, sad thing is many attractive men have unattractive women on their strings just to sleep with. Unattractive women here egos are way to high for my taste here in NYC, thats why I joined CD ao that I can move to another city which has a better dating culture.

My answer: You are closest to the truth that I ever read on line. But I wanted to add a couple of things and see what you think. First, these attractive men must feel attraction towards these unattractive women even if (or especially if) they want to sleep with them. No matter what say a male who chases another male might claim or a male who sleeps with a social standard unattractive woman might claim, the biological fact is that a man doesn't get an erection unless he is physically attracted to that person so the first man is indeed a homosexual despite what he may claim and the second man (which is the only man who I am referring to) is able to see and feel the attraction to a woman who society deems "unattractive" or "plain" "old" "obese" despite his claims to the contrary.

So the actual situation here is that we men do have the ability to think for ourselves and to define what we personally consider to be an attractive woman.............and our sexual responses given us away despite our face saving claims to "only" have the hots say for Beyoncé and that type. Not that this is a problem but what the problem is, is that few women at least in NY for the last 40-50 years are in touch with that same ability of thinking/feeling for themselves and feeling the physical attraction which some women must also have towards men who society considers to be "unattractive" or "plain" etc.

The solution would be for women to get in touch with, to recognize and accept their own individualized attractions and to act on those attractions same as the men do.

That solution would make NY a far better, a far more loving, a much less single town.
At the end of the day, since men don't have access to easy sex in the way women do, men will take anything even if it means showering an unattractive woman with attention just so he can have sex with her.

The problem is, every time a man does this, he makes the whole dating market harder for other men because not only do you have a large group of unattractive women walking around thinking they're worth more than they really are, but the hot women are so gassed up that believe they're royalty and just being in their mere presence they're doing you a favor.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Correction: a perception of whether or not you'd wanna do her.
yes and no (mainly yes)...but a man can fall (infatuation really) for a women based on a picture, simply because he perceives what she might be like. But to conclude a woman is good person, or a bad person, a cheater, or 'nope she'll never cheat' based on a picture seems rather foolhardy to me.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:07 AM

2,732 posts, read 3,593,603 times
Quote:
There is some truth to the statement. I can look at a picture right away and can tell if a woman is a troublemaker or not. Nose piercings, extremely provocative clothing, eyebrow piercings, other self mutilation "art", blood shot eyes, tired looking (even though she's young), multicolored hair, tattoos, overweight, ect, all indicate to me that the woman could potently be troublesome.

FYI: The FBI,CIA, and other government officials such as airport security does the same style of profiling.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:09 AM

17,869 posts, read 21,059,719 times
And that's why I have 0 faith in online dating.

Not worth the effort to even try!

Old 02-19-2013, 10:23 AM

708 posts, read 881,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
There is some truth to the statement. I can look at a picture right away and can tell if a woman is a troublemaker or not. Nose piercings, extremely provocative clothing, eyebrow piercings, other self mutilation "art", blood shot eyes, tired looking (even though she's young), multicolored hair, tattoos, overweight, ect, all indicate to me that the woman could potently be troublesome.

FYI: The FBI,CIA, and other government officials such as airport security does the same style of profiling.
How do nose piercings, etc., indicate trouble? How do the absence of nose piercings indicate that the woman won't be a troublemaker? I'm not into the whole tattoo/piercing thing, but I don't see that those qualities indicate trouble.

Obviously most people would be turned off by a bad pic with someone with bloodshot eyes...doesn't mean trouble though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships