Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 04:49 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
1. Who said anything about blithely texting away all day long?

2. I don't understand these responses that imply people who take the time to reply to someone must not be employed or must have no life.
1. Not me.
2. And neither did I say or imply that. Don't get carried away with literary license. The young woman in question responded to the OP that she was very busy at work.

Quote:
I get what you're saying, for real, but I've gotta be honest... I was drawing attention to the bad grammar.
Quote:
Yes I would prefer that. The guy I'm dating texted me after our first date when he got off work the next day and said "Hey, last night was awesome. Wanna go to ______ with me this weekend?"
Since you raised the subject of "bad grammar" ...

The OP's date was over a week ago and he's not returned to the thread to give any update so one can only speculate on the outcome. Maybe it all worked out wonderfully and the two lovebirds are blissfully frolicking through flower-laden meadows to the background of Whitney Houston's, "I'll Always Love you".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 05:51 AM

3,111 posts, read 8,055,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
That's the type I get sometime and it sounds so scripted. Actually all dating communication seems to be scripted which is why most people are not fans of it.
Sometimes I hate texting. How is my Tuesday? It's the same as Monday. If it was different, do I really want to type it out for you? No.

Old 02-27-2013, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post
Sometimes I hate texting. How is my Tuesday? It's the same as Monday. If it was different, do I really want to type it out for you? No.
I find it quite fascinating that those who complain about the sorts of texting questions they find so irritating are often the worst offenders. They post in detail exactly what they wrote/said/texted to a prospective online date using exactly the same phrases they profess to abhor so much. Those blinders obviously come in XXL sizes.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:19 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,873,001 times
She's "super busy at work". Take it at face value. Wait a couple of days, call her during lunch or when she's not at work.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
She's "super busy at work". Take it at face value. Wait a couple of days, call her during lunch or when she's not at work.
The date was on 2/18 and the poster never came back to the thread.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:13 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post

I have some more scripted text messages

1. What are you up to?

2. hey stranger

3. How are you?

LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships