Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 03:50 AM

650 posts, read 701,786 times

Advertisements

I've been covertly rejected by every excuse in the book.

Some excuses over and over and over again by different women, women either too uncaring to find an original excuse or too stupid to realize that a cliché is going to be recognized for what it is by any man with an IQ over 80.

But one of the stupidest (and common enough to be cliché circa de 2013) excuses I've ever gotten on a singles site was

"Oh! I'm not looking to meet anyone"

Then what is she doing on a singles site?

I mean if a woman doesn't realize she's not only rejecting a poor guy but she's insulting his intelligence or revealing her contempt for male intelligence/revealing her simplicity...................

"Oh I'm not waiting for the bus" (standing at the bus stop)

"Oh I'm not waiting for a table" (sitting in the waiting area of a busy restaurant)

What are the stupidest/most obvious excuses you ever got?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2013, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garonick View Post

Some excuses over and over and over again by different women, women either too uncaring to find an original excuse or too stupid to realize that a cliché is going to be recognized for what it is by any man with an IQ over 80.

But one of the stupidest (and common enough to be cliché circa de 2013) excuses I've ever gotten on a singles site was

I mean if a woman doesn't realize she's not only rejecting a poor guy but she's insulting his intelligence or revealing her contempt for male intelligence/revealing her simplicity...................

"Oh I'm not waiting for a table" (sitting in the waiting area of a busy restaurant)

If I ever got married again, I'd never come back to any singles site and open myself up to any more of the incredible abuse that I as a not good looking man has received in my effort (not to get quick sex) to find a spouse.

Any married man who pretends to be single in order to "play the ads" has to either be very very handsome or very very masochistic.

Old 02-20-2013, 04:52 AM

432 posts, read 1,228,293 times
My girlfriend got rejected when the man said he was married and was just out with his male friends for the night.

She kept seeing him in the same nightclub in the weeks afterward picking up and walking out the door with different girls. So its not only girls giving stupid excuses, men are just as bad. Though I highly doubt the guy is married but if he is, I really feel for his wife cause he's been around with a number of women!

Old 02-20-2013, 04:58 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,447,211 times
Quote:

I'm not sure it's the excuse that matters. The person is simply trying to avoid dating you.

If you want to control how people respond to your advances... You can't do that.

Is it that you don't understand why they're turning you down and you want them to be blunt about it?

Old 02-20-2013, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
I'm not sure it's the excuse that matters. The person is simply trying to avoid dating you.

If you want to control how people respond to your advances... You can't do that.

Is it that you don't understand why they're turning you down and you want them to be blunt about it?
Maybe its better to be blunt. Yes tell me what I'm doing wrong and I can change it unless its some stupid reason like looks or height because I can't change my genes.

Old 02-20-2013, 05:11 AM

50,768 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Right, the excuses are to avoid hurting your feelings, not sure what the problem is with them.

Old 02-20-2013, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2M View Post
My girlfriend got rejected when the man said he was married and was just out with his male friends for the night.

She kept seeing him in the same nightclub in the weeks afterward picking up and walking out the door with different girls. So its not only girls giving stupid excuses, men are just as bad. Though I highly doubt the guy is married but if he is, I really feel for his wife cause he's been around with a number of women!
Stupid excuse! Good example.

Old 02-20-2013, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Right, the excuses are to avoid hurting your feelings, not sure what the problem is with them.
I doubt they want to avoid hurting my feelings because they'd think up less obvious excuses if they were really so 'kind" and "caring".

Those are girls who want to hurt but simultaneously want to appear (even to themselves) to be caring, sensitive, sweet individuals.

Old 02-20-2013, 05:17 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:
Maybe its better to be blunt. Yes tell me what I'm doing wrong and I can change it unless its some stupid reason like looks or height because I can't change my genes.
How can people know which blunt reason will be ok with you? Attraction (lack thereof) is typically at the forefront of initial rejection. If they take a little time to get to know you, then reject, you'll know there is something more to it than attraction.

Old 02-20-2013, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
How can people know which blunt reason will be ok with you? Attraction (lack thereof) is typically at the forefront of initial rejection. If they take a little time to get to know you, then reject, you'll know there is something more to it than attraction.
Try me.

Any blunt and honest reason which I can correct has got to be far less hurtful than the lack of attraction reason or any obvious excuse that any reasonable intelligent person can see through.

"I'm not looking to meet anyone" said by a female on a singles site where she has a profile filled out and pictures of her in her best make-up after she dyed her hair and got it styled?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships