Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 06:08 AM

29 posts, read 90,778 times

Advertisements

A male co-worker and I were having a conversation on our lunch break and he brought up the topic of golddigging and I must say he really struck a nerve. Well, he believes women should only ask a man for money if their married. I told him I think that is the dumbest excuse for being CHEAP! A few other male co-workers overheard our convo and agreed with him...figures since they all think I'm queen golddigger but I want to know what do you guys think? He also said he thinks its wrong for my bf to pay my car note and insurance and I refuse to live with him. What do you guys consider a golddigger?

In life you pay for what you want right? Well any man that wants any type of relationship with me has to pay to be with me. I don't demand money every hour on the hour but if I need something I need to know you got me. What's the point of me having a bf or husband hell even f buddy if I have to go without something I need or may want. And yes I said f buddy if he wants to meet up at motels or meet at his house he should be able to supply the gas right? What is the big deal with men not wanting to come off the Benjamins? When you die your not going to be buried with your money. Do men expect to be in a relationship and not foot the bill? If that's the case why be in a relationship? I won't lie I do a lil investigating before I get with a guy to make sure he has money hell I think everyone SHOULD. If this makes me a golddigger I take that as an honor ......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2013, 06:23 AM

12,998 posts, read 13,580,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzASippi View Post
A male co-worker and I were having a conversation on our lunch break and he brought up the topic of golddigging and I must say he really struck a nerve. Well, he believes women should only ask a man for money if their married. I told him I think that is the dumbest excuse for being CHEAP! A few other male co-workers overheard our convo and agreed with him...figures since they all think I'm queen golddigger but I want to know what do you guys think? He also said he thinks its wrong for my bf to pay my car note and insurance and I refuse to live with him. What do you guys consider a golddigger?

In life you pay for what you want right? Well any man that wants any type of relationship with me has to pay to be with me. I don't demand money every hour on the hour but if I need something I need to know you got me. What's the point of me having a bf or husband hell even f buddy if I have to go without something I need or may want. And yes I said f buddy if he wants to meet up at motels or meet at his house he should be able to supply the gas right? What is the big deal with men not wanting to come off the Benjamins? When you die your not going to be buried with your money. Do men expect to be in a relationship and not foot the bill? If that's the case why be in a relationship? I won't lie I do a lil investigating before I get with a guy to make sure he has money hell I think everyone SHOULD. If this makes me a golddigger I take that as an honor ......
Is this a troll thread? Your attitude sucks. If you were my gf and demanded money, I'd give you $2.50 a week. If you asked for more, I'd say .. nope, I already gave your allowance on Monday. Make that work. If you didn't like it, tough ... women like you are a dime a dozen. Next!

Old 02-20-2013, 06:41 AM

Where did I say anything about demading money? LMAO... 2.50 a wk....WOOOWWWW!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Is this a troll thread? Your attitude sucks. If you were my gf and demanded money, I'd give you $2.50 a week. If you asked for more, I'd say .. nope, I already gave your allowance on Monday. Make that work. If you didn't like it, tough ... women like you are a dime a dozen. Next!

Old 02-20-2013, 06:56 AM

72 posts, read 206,325 times
Quote:
What is the big deal with men not wanting to come off the Benjamins? When you die your not going to be buried with your money. Do men expect to be in a relationship and not foot the bill? If that's the case why be in a relationship? I won't lie I do a lil investigating before I get with a guy to make sure he has money hell I think everyone SHOULD. If this makes me a golddigger I take that as an honor ......

This is why I always laugh when women bash prostitutes. They think they are so superior or different to hookers, but there really isn't that much difference at all. Men always end up being forced to pay for it in one way or another.

Foot the bill, tho? I mean, really?

Wow....

Old 02-20-2013, 06:58 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,572,875 times
Congratulations, you're a golddigger.

The old Oscar Wilde quote can be updated: "A golddigger knows the price of everything and the value of nothing."

Did you want a high-five or something??

Old 02-20-2013, 07:04 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,099,349 times
I agree with your male co worker, and yes you sound like a gold digger.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:06 AM

Duhhhhh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Congratulations, you're a golddigger.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:07 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,429,776 times
Quote:
its wrong for my bf to pay my car note and insurance and I refuse to live with him. What do you guys consider a golddigger?
Yes, it's wrong. You fit the classic definition of a golddigger, and he is a wuss.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:09 AM

3,111 posts, read 8,029,807 times
Quote:

Hmmmmm, I wonder what profession that statement sounds like.

Anyway, good luck with that. If you find some sucker to pay your bills, fine. But most men would want nothing to do with you, with such a "give me" attitude.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:11 AM

I feel sorry for the "lucky" ladies in y'all lives....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships