Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 05:38 PM
Itz

714 posts, read 2,199,389 times

Advertisements

Like other posters have said.. your "ad" is very negative. Why would anyone want to send a message to you? Except for a hookup.
You don't say anything about yourself and list demands of the other person.

something along the line
"I'm a down to earth type of girl that enjoys x y z and occasionally like to try something new. Currently I'm looking for a partner to do xyz with and hopefuly find that one for a long term relationship.
Currently I'm not interested in casual relationships and like to take my time getting to know you. Afterall, isn't that what a relationship is for."

blah blah blah

Most people skip over demanding profiles because that's what it is - demanding. Who wants that right off the bat? They can just seem themselves with you 6 months from now going.. oh crap.. here comes that demanding......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2013, 06:12 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times
When I was on a dating site, there are quite a few women with similar profiles to the OP....I only talked to one like that, if she was that negative and glass half full online, I'm glad I didn't meet her in person.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:46 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,055,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon of Truth View Post
What eHarmony has done is automate the process of narrowing down personalities, and then send you matches based on computer algorithms that say you have compatible personalities. I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about personal interviews, like you would interview for a job. Then they screen you for everything from what your net worth is, to running a background check, to even calling up ex girlfriends and references.

More importantly, they would also ask you a series of questions based on your own personal morality. For example, someone like me looking for someone from a strong Catholic background would be matched with people who held similar views on things and came from similar backgrounds.

That would do wonders when it comes to making this process more efficient and improving the response rate guys get. Think of it from a chick's perspective. You just got the upteenth email from someone when the rest of the emails you get are from people who are divorced, underemployed, has babymommas, etc. If a human being was screening them up front, you at least have someone independent making an assessment and putting people into buckets with like-minded people.
That already exists for the extremely wealthy.

If humans are screening people in that manner, the cost of the service will be more than what the average person would be willing to pay.

I'll take OkC for free, thanks.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:35 PM
J24

448 posts, read 863,729 times
Who uses Yahoo messenger? Definitely wouldn't message her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships