Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 08:51 AM

39,193 posts, read 27,570,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
How do you guys handle the come-ons by the sketchy guy?
Tell him your boyfriend is a cop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 08:58 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,834,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Tell him your boyfriend is a cop.
Or in the CIA. Hold on to your ear and say,"Yes bald eagle we have a cat and mouse in the foiler, do you have a clean shot?"
Then look up at tall buildings.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:17 AM

11,784 posts, read 12,020,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
There are a lot of super agressive men out there. I have had on many ocassions the response to my coment about a boyfriend being something like the following:
  • I don't see a ring on it
  • Where is he right now?
  • If I was your boyfriend I'd never leave your side
  • There is no rule saying you can't have another one
Being on the phone gives off a very clear signal.
I've heard the bolded ones several times. Definitely not a turn-on.

I know there have been conversations in other threads about the label "creepy", but for me, creepy is when there is an element of fear involved, and for women, that potential is very real, it's in the back of our minds regularly in the type of situation described in the OP. It's not just a guy making advances that aren't welcome, a guy you're not interested in, it's someone who is creating a sense of fear, uncertainty, potential danger. For women, this a very real concern, and one that men probably don't quite appreciate because they don't have the same experience.

Old 02-21-2013, 10:12 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,355,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
tell them to pound sand
One of the best expressions coined.

Old 02-21-2013, 10:54 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,716,429 times
I idolize sketchy guys. They are my role models. The really old guys with glasses, greasy short hair, White T shirt, socks and black sneakers that drive 1975 Dodge Dart Swingers with terry cloth seat covers and fuzzy dice hanging from the rear view mirror and , like you say, ooze confidence that they WILL score you, collect old baseball cards and attend performances of The Maids, Waiting for Godot and the Rocky Horror Picture Show, and so on......

These are THE best guys on the planet....and he CAN score you; he just doesn't want to. And, besides, he was only trying to be friendly and make you feel better about yourself.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
I idolize sketchy guys. They are my role models. The really old guys with glasses, greasy short hair, White T shirt, socks and black sneakers that drive 1975 Dodge Dart Swingers with terry cloth seat covers and fuzzy dice hanging from the rear view mirror and , like you say, ooze confidence that they WILL score you, collect old baseball cards and attend performances of The Maids, Waiting for Godot and the Rocky Horror Picture Show, and so on......

These are THE best guys on the planet....and he CAN score you; he just doesn't want to. And, besides, he was only trying to be friendly and make you feel better about yourself.
You keep telling yourself that.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:30 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,520,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I never thought either of them were attractive....

Give me Tom Hiddleston or Tori Belleci from the show MythBusters.

Goodness gracious.

Leave MY husband out of this!

Old 02-21-2013, 08:48 PM

3,565 posts, read 7,973,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Did you just call Jade poor? Snobby much?
I don't know what you're talking about. What makes you think I suggested that?

Old 02-21-2013, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
I don't know what you're talking about. What makes you think I suggested that?
Although, it seems to me that professional and upper-middle class+ women seem to be able to exist in the city less bothered because a strong barrier of indifference. I think that's even why urban cities are largely either/or in terms of social class without much of a middle class - the middle folks aren't quite different enough from the 'undesireables' to not become intertwined or at least affected by them socially, so they don't have that barrier of indifference.

I got the impression you were saying upper class have no problems with lowlifes. They know their place. But middle class doesn't have much difference.

Sorry if I misunderstood.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:17 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,421,377 times
Good example of why as a guy in your 20's or 30's you should be having a ton of sex with young women, or women your age.....as once you hit your 50's you will have trouble landing them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships