Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 06:43 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,064,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hold on to the Nights View Post
Fellas step up?
Agree...the tone of the post suggests that he thinks he's better than these woman just because he's breathing.

Honestly, nobody gives a shyt what you do in your personal life OP. Don't want to date a single mother? Then don't. You seem to need the approval of others for your choice, like some grade school booger eater looking for high 5's from the cool kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 06:51 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,723,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayak4fun View Post
I would rather date a woman with 4 children who has had only a few partners in her lifetime than meet the woman I do that have 15 to 40+ partners. In this day of age it doesn't surprise me that people view children as a bad thing. We are becoming a truly narcissistic society. Can't be selfish and raise children, especially someone else's. You just wont be able to fill your life with all those meaningless things like you can being single.
So it is narcissistic to not want to deal with children, especially when you know you suck with them anyway? How I live my life is my business. If partying and spending money on my own personal fulfillment is more important than children (especially other people's) to me, what the hell is it to you?

As for your first sentence, those 15-40 partners could all be in the distant past, those kids are here forever.

As for the OP's girl, Hell no!

Last edited by The Dissenter; 02-21-2013 at 07:47 PM..

Old 02-21-2013, 07:15 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,735,156 times
Not a chance. And it would have nothing to do with her, and everything to do with the fact that I'm not sure I could even handle one child, let alone four. Not matter how great a woman she is, I simply can't see myself ever being involved with four children.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:35 PM

5,993 posts, read 10,183,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danes View Post
Fellas if you met a 33y/o single mother w/4 kids, would you entertain the offer of dating her.

She wants a man that does not: lie, cheat and can be around for the "good and bad".

How about it? Are you game?
Absolutely -- although 4 kids is quite a bundle, especially when added to an existing family from the man's side (in my case, 2 kids)! I'm separating from my wife and when I'm ready to get back in the saddle in the dating scene part of me thinks that I'd have just as much success/attractiveness to a woman who already has children or is divorced or both than I would with somebody who doesn't and is looking for more. The only downside I can see (besides no nightlife whatsoever) is not being able (or not wanting) to have children of our own, which I think would be a bit sad for two people who loved eachother. I realize it happens all the time but it would definitely be tough.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:44 PM

5,993 posts, read 10,183,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
I wouldn't reject off hand, but I wouldn't message them if I saw them online. It would have to be an instance where we met in public or brought together by a mutual friend. Outside of that, likely my answer would be no.
This is a good point: she shouldn't be marketing herself this way, even if it's the most blunt/honest. I say this because if somebody has NOTHING invested in somebody else it's so much easier to make judgements or ignore them. But once you've been dating a bit -- even one or two dates -- and the other person is now becoming more emotionally invested, then I think it'd be okay to start spilling the truth a bit more. I think it's both honest and a better strategy for her.

In my case, as a potential divorcee separating from my wife, whether or not it's the most moral thing to do I would likely not volunteer the fact that I'm married but separated from my wife until at least the first or second date.....assuming we have made a connection, that is. EVERYBODY (I don't care who you are) has "skelatons in the closet", or "emotional baggage", but you don't need to discover that about somebody that you haven't even asked what their favorite color is, or kissed even.

For example, I've never met somebody and been told that she slept with 10 guys on our first date.....no f'ing way!! I've also never been told by somebody I just met that she cheated on her ex. Not only would that be TMI (too much information), but it'd scare the hell out of me because all I'd be thinking is what ISN'T she telling me now that is an even bigger deal than this recent revalation!?!? Or even more likely, I'd be thinking that she's telling me this because she WANTS me to not be attracted to her (maybe because she's too scared to reject me herself).

I think it's best to be honest, but patient.....protect yourself from insecurity and judgement that we ALL have as human characteristics!

Old 02-21-2013, 07:44 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,467,366 times
Quote:
Fellas if you met a 33y/o single mother w/4 kids, would you entertain the offer of dating her.

She wants a man that does not: lie, cheat and can be around for the "good and bad".

No.

[not my preference]

Old 02-21-2013, 07:45 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,360,095 times
Quote:

NO ... and what part of NO don't you understand?

Old 02-21-2013, 07:51 PM

2,311 posts, read 1,845,711 times
Quote:

NO

I'm a very loyal person and I meet all of the things that she wants, but I couldn't date her if she had 4 kids.

Old 02-21-2013, 10:41 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,889,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
So it is narcissistic to not want to deal with children, especially when you know you suck with them anyway? How I live my life is my business. If partying and spending money on my own personal fulfillment is more important than children (especially other people's) to me, what the hell is it to you?

As for your first sentence, those 15-40 partners could all be in the distant past, those kids are here forever.

As for the OP's girl, Hell no!
Unfortunately so many (here and offline)are brainwashed to believe we have to accept everything and if we don't we are called names. I don't date dads either and I make no apologies for it. I actually understand the OP not wanting to date the woman in question because unless all 4 kids were from the same dad I would question it. I know I have met men with 4 kids from 4 baby mamas and they aren't guys I'd date.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:42 AM

152 posts, read 250,334 times
Quote:

it sounds reasonable and normal coming from a 33 year old woman with 4 children. it sounds pretty reasonable actually in general
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships