Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 12:13 PM

10 posts, read 48,127 times

Advertisements

Boyfriend of 4+ years has match.com on his browsing history. I clicked it and the page came up for the site and it had a box which had "your last search....male searching for women 18-35 with 25 mls. of (our zip code showed up). He said he has never been there and it was an ad. I can understand if someone accidently clicked on an ad, but how would it have specifics like that? He said they prob. got the zip code from a cookie when he went to weather.com.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 12:15 PM

oh, btw...he is 48 and we have had an issue with his constant ogling leering at women in this age group....mostly ones in their 20's though.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:19 PM

39,213 posts, read 27,582,466 times
I think you should move on.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:20 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,467,349 times
Most sites automatically know your zip code (or close to it) by the location of your ISP and your computer's IP address. As for the default age range search on various sites, I have no clue - go there yourself and see if it bothers you that much. It IS possible that he hit a link accidentally, or a site he visited had an advertising pop-up for match.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:23 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,298,248 times
Bayesian analysis

Prior to finding this in his search history what probability would you put on his 'looking to cheat'?

If he were looking to cheat, what is the probability of finding this search in his browser history?

If he were not looking to cheat, what is the probability of finding this search in his browser history?

You can look at this logically and rationally

or

You can ask a bunch of people to make conclusions based on ignorance.

Your decision.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:25 PM

I did go there on my computer, and went out and then back to it....that didn't happen with me. So I filled in some "bogus" info, and didn't actually search for anyone (I am not interested in meeting anyone else but wanted to check to give him benefit of doubt). Then when I went back to it, that info I typed in did show up....just like his did. (He has pop ups blocked on his computer)

Old 02-21-2013, 12:25 PM

39,213 posts, read 27,582,466 times
A committed boyfriend who is on match.com = deal breaker.

beetlejuice from howard stern show will understand this simple concept. No need to over analyze it.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:29 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,298,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
A committed boyfriend who is on match.com = deal breaker.

beetlejuice from howard stern show will understand this simple concept. No need to over analyze it.
Except, there is no definitive evidence that he IS on match.com, is there?

Why do people think that it is better to make ignorant decisions than informed ones.

The OP could always sign up and do a search for your BF. That'd be pretty damning if he had a profile.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:32 PM

filihook, Wow! If I had your kind of thinking, I wouldn't have the need to post this. I have suspected him for a long time of cheating or looking to cheat. There were also two local hotel searches on his browsing history a few months ago (again, he said they were ads, prob. when he went to mapquest. He tells me all the time how faithful/devoted he is but doesn't seem as interested in me and hardly makes eye contact when he talks to me, plus the intimacy has gone downhill while at the same time he has to "adjust" himself just looking at an attractive woman (and in my presence). He has been through 2 marriages. Three is prob. not a charm and we did meet in a bar. I am just so in love with him and this is tearing me up to know the truth. But I know in my gut I am a total fool and making a bigger fool of myself by posting this and advertising my gullibility and stupidity.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:32 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,338,536 times
This kind of happens on my yahoo account and I don't know how it knows how old I am or where my zip code is (because I don't enter any of that crap)...so I can see it from his end.

Only you know how much you can trust him, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships