Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 11:27 PM

102,086 posts, read 107,144,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon of Truth View Post
But she was funny ... and cute!
lol! Drama queens can be funny and cute. Oh well. Get back to us after your first date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 11:27 PM

350 posts, read 383,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunWild View Post
Buddy, any time you have a self-proclaimed "serious christian" who has already has two police records, DUH!!!

THAT'S why she waves the christian card. People in business do this all the time as well. They think it will cause you to let down your guard. You are already being manipulated and you haven't even been on a date yet.
Absolutely true.

But nobody manipulates me, or at least not for long. So I'm not worried.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:50 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,866,364 times
I would meet because she might have an excuse but too many things sounds weird.

Quote:
-Series of traffic citations including an OVI, and now "doesn't drink" (potential alcoholic?)
Possibly but I know people who got various citations for drinking and aren't alcoholics.

Quote:
-Passing bad checks conviction (misdemeanor - not a big deal but still a red flag).
Not that I am justifying it but to me it would depend when this happened. Recently probably not but if it was in her 20's I would ask why. I know people who did stupid things in their age.

Quote:
-Underemployed
In this economy not a big deal. Many people are unemployed or underemployed.

Quote:
-Profile exaggerates her income ($150k); Seeks similar income; (Golddigger)
Maybe (giving the benefit of a doubt)she doesn't want to say what she makes because she is ashamed she is underemployed. However if she only dates men who make much more then yes probably a golddigger.

Quote:
-Minor tax lien issues in the past
Not sure what this means can you be more specific?

Old 02-21-2013, 11:54 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,584,643 times
Quote:
LOL - I'm an information junkie. I pulled the records (what I could) of the chick I went out with tonight. Information is power.

The bad checks conviction is definitely a red flag, but also not as bad as it sounds. It is something that can probably be expunged.

I don't want to make any judgments before we meet, but just want to hear predictions more than anything.

I like her personality though, but that's what scares me. I do tend to get along with the kooks of the world and a lot of the AA types are indeed kooks (personality wise). I'm more worried about drug/alcohol abuse than anything else. In my experience, these people are unreliable and many of them are liars.
Just leave her alone. You know you're not going to like her. And don't use her for sex unless she said she wanted that.

If I had a record like that I'd be horrified if some date "brought up their concerns" about it to me because they checked up on me. I'd want to crawl under a rock.

Last edited by srjth; 02-22-2013 at 12:11 AM..

Old 02-22-2013, 03:52 AM

19,963 posts, read 30,059,445 times
Quote:
LOL - I'm an information junkie. I pulled the records (what I could) of the chick I went out with tonight. Information is power.

The bad checks conviction is definitely a red flag, but also not as bad as it sounds. It is something that can probably be expunged.

I don't want to make any judgments before we meet, but just want to hear predictions more than anything.

I like her personality though, but that's what scares me. I do tend to get along with the kooks of the world and a lot of the AA types are indeed kooks (personality wise). I'm more worried about drug/alcohol abuse than anything else. In my experience, these people are unreliable and many of them are liars.
see if she offers to pay for dinner-be interesting to see the name on the check

first dates are just that, you get a gut feeling, then go from there.
not knowing if she is a fruit loop or fugitive, you can always show up early, and when she arrives, just tell her a close friend just came over to say hi, he is a local cop, not sure if he's still here or not...
I did this to one girl, I had some suspicians about, and she got up and left immediately,,,all the sudden had "cramps"

Old 02-22-2013, 04:13 AM

30,293 posts, read 16,043,770 times
If the checks, OVI, etc were close in time to each other, maybe she was just going through a bad time. As mentioned by others-this is a date, not a lifetime commitment. Enjoy it for that.

Having said that, if I found out a date had run a check on my background (as innocent and boring as it is) that'd be enough to end the relationship, at whatever stage it's at.

Old 02-22-2013, 04:27 AM

633 posts, read 721,963 times
OP what website you go to to find all those info about someone?

Old 02-22-2013, 05:37 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,785,845 times
How the hell did you find out all that info about her? Surprised you didn't find her SSN.

Old 02-22-2013, 05:42 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,110,192 times
Quote:
I have this crazy notion to run this up the flagpole for comments.

I have an internet date on Saturday. I'm a pull the band aid off quickly kind of guy, so we exchanged a few emails, talked and set up a date for Saturday in rapid succession. I was actually shocked she wanted to do Saturday and wasn't prepared for it since so many people these days want to steer you towards a weeknight.

Being the pretty damn good cyber-sleuth that I am, I found out some things about her.

Against my better judgement, I am posting here. Why is it against my better judgement? Because I know you people are going to rip me a new one. Oh, hell! It's going to be amusing so here goes ...

Pros:

-An English major and I like liberal arts types
-Claims to be a serious Christian - We'll see - some people are the real deal, others try to overcompensate for their demons
-Her sister is a doctor ... I'm one of these apple doesn't fall too far from the tree types ... reverse guilt by association.
-Cute.
-Hit it off personality wise - I'm a funny guy and she loves to laugh
-Never married/No kids

Cons:

-Series of traffic citations including an OVI, and now "doesn't drink" (potential alcoholic?)
-Passing bad checks conviction (misdemeanor - not a big deal but still a red flag).
-Underemployed
-Profile exaggerates her income ($150k); Seeks similar income; (Golddigger)
-Minor tax lien issues in the past

I'm keeping an open mind, but thought it would be amusing to open this up for comments/slams or whatever comes to mind especially since the conclusion in the other thread I started was that I was too fat and nobody would want me. LOL

Damn who do you work for the FBI?

Old 02-22-2013, 05:46 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,510,508 times
Oh Beacon of Truth, don't go out with her. Just call her up and tell her you've decided against it due to personal reasons. That's all she needs to know. Don't let her pressure you into giving more info. Your sleuthing is your own business and your concealed weapon so keep it that way. This one just does not seem on the up and up. Keep looking and good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships