Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 01:32 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,107,929 times

Advertisements

I dont think many women say that.. most say looks are important but they think looks are more important to men..

I dont agree with that either i think looks are just as important to women but whatever..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2013, 01:39 PM

3,665 posts, read 8,672,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garonick View Post
Should try posting a picture of an older, handsome male on one of the singles sites. Man in his 50's or 60's. That's it. Don't post any statements in his profile, give generic answers to the questions the site asks in profiles Examples: Eyes-Blue, What do you make a year-$50-60,000, Are you single/divorced/widowed-Div...................

See what happens? Your dummy will get hundreds of women clicking his profile in a few weeks, approximately one third of them will message him, at least 20 will send him flirts or message that they like his picture, another 20 will favorite him.

Repeat the process except use a plain looking man and your dummy will get next to nothing and the few he gets will be the on-line singles site version of bird waste.

Let me know what your experiments showed you.

Try Big Beautiful People Meet, Senior People Meet, Plenty Of Fish, OkCupid
You can put an ugly man on there and jack his income to $100,000 and he will get lots of hits.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:40 PM

11,813 posts, read 12,055,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Looks matter to both sexes.

I just think the ladies are a little more forgiving in terms of looks. Some guys are just brutual about womens looks. I know women can be too, I just have a feeling they aren't quite as bad about it as the guys are.

I tend to agree with that. I don't see the same scutiny over physical traits of a man in the same way there is about women (especially on CD).

There's a thread going on right now where there is a laundry list of red flags, but the guy is going out on a date with her because she's "cute and funny". The red flags would have me cancel the date before it even got off the ground, no matter how "cute and funny" he was. It runs much deeper than surface appearance, for me.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:43 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,217,470 times
People on dating sites should message those they find attractive for whatever reason.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:43 PM

52,320 posts, read 52,784,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I tend to agree with that. I don't see the same scutiny over physical traits of a man in the same way there is about women (especially on CD).

There's a thread going on right now where there is a laundry list of red flags, but the guy is going out on a date with her because she's "cute and funny". The red flags would have me cancel the date before it even got off the ground, no matter how "cute and funny" he was. It runs much deeper than surface appearance, for me.
TOS prohibit my opinion of the other thread and the OP of said thread....

Yeah, I've gone to lunch with guys from work and some attractive woman walks by and they just go to work hacking away at her.....

Makes me do this....

Old 02-22-2013, 02:29 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,016,392 times
Anyone who says looks don't matter when it comes to dating either lives on a different planet or they live in some random dream.

If you're not attractive looking, you're not going to have any success in dating.

Speaking from experience of course.

Old 02-22-2013, 02:34 PM

44 posts, read 74,441 times
Good to know for when I get older. Thanks!

Old 02-22-2013, 02:37 PM

52,320 posts, read 52,784,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Anyone who says looks don't matter when it comes to dating either lives on a different planet or they live in some random dream.

If you're not attractive looking, you're not going to have any success in dating.

Speaking from experience of course.
What about all the big fat sloppy dudes with the big woman???

Come on frog, what you doing posting nonsense for???

Old 02-22-2013, 02:40 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,107,929 times
Quote:

See mens height..its extremely important to women and as big a dealbreaker/turn on as any physical trait in the dating world up there with womens weight..

Old 02-22-2013, 02:47 PM

29,756 posts, read 34,449,009 times
Quote:
I find it interesting that when threads come up about preferences in appearances, men seem to be a lot more proprietary than women are. Some women will like facial hair, some won't, no big deal. When it comes to women's looks, some guys get angry and offended that there are women out there walking around who they don't find attractive, and who don't care. How dare she be fat when he likes thin?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships