Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2013, 07:26 AM

9,002 posts, read 10,128,559 times

Advertisements

I was contemplating this as I came home from work last night; I think the next guy I get involved with will definitely be more of the homebody type.
I like a guy who likes to be home; a guy who would rather have a beer or 2 in the yard while grilling steaks rather than going to the clubs.
A guy who enjoys tinkering around w/ his projects & even likes to cook, occasionally.
So, that led me to wondering- how many others also have this preference?

Old 02-23-2013, 07:30 AM

66 posts, read 143,942 times
I'm one of those. Love doing that stuff.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:39 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,919,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
I was contemplating this as I came home from work last night; I think the next guy I get involved with will definitely be more of the homebody type.
I like a guy who likes to be home; a guy who would rather have a beer or 2 in the yard while grilling steaks rather than going to the clubs.
A guy who enjoys tinkering around w/ his projects & even likes to cook, occasionally.
Sounds to me like I'm your man! I'm just taken already.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:42 AM

1,340 posts, read 1,618,477 times
Quote:
I've been looking for a woman of that type and after many dates I realized none (that I met) are that type. At least speaking of 20something women. And to tell you honestly, that is the main reason why I broke every single relationship that I had in USA.
Both such men AND women are rare to meet in USA.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:47 AM

9,002 posts, read 10,128,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyCantI View Post
I'm one of those. Love doing that stuff.
LOL I knew there are men out there somewhere like this Just not where I live currently

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Sounds to me like I'm your man! I'm just taken already.
Aw darn! What a tease, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by nald View Post
I've been looking for a woman of that type and after many dates I realized none are that type. At least speaking of 20something women. And to tell you honestly, that is the main reason why I broke every single relationship that I had in USA.
Both such men AND women are rare to meet in USA.
That's a downer- are you still in the U.S.?
Or did you leave & find the women in other countries a better option for you?
I was like this in my 20's btw; I always preferred being at home- never got into the hyped up club scenes, or bars, etc.
That life bores me. And so do the people who think it's what we all wanna be doing.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:51 AM

19,954 posts, read 29,990,395 times
I am definitely a homebody

but this is my front yard,

Last edited by mainebrokerman; 02-23-2013 at 08:00 AM..

Old 02-23-2013, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Sorry. What you described is me to the letter. I love to grill, (can't cook unless it's Zataran's and has detailed instructions on the box, and even then I make no promises) but I can grill and smoke something fierce! Love to smoke a pork shoulder over apple wood and sit outside with a cold beer and enjoy the sound of silence.

I used to have an old Mustang that I would tinker with, but I had to abandon the project when kids started diverting funding away from it. I sold it to my older brother last year. Now my "projects" involve writing. It's something that I like to do and can do while sitting at home with my wife.

I could go on about what a boring home body I am, but I'll spare you. The thing is, I wasn't always a home body. I can pretty much trace becoming a home body to getting married. I used to go out almost every night when I was single. Now it is possible to find a single guy who is a home body, but for many of them, like me, maybe the are simply a home body waiting to happen. They enjoy being out and about as a single, but will settle down for the right person. It's a conversation you should have as you continue to date. Mention where you envision yourself and SO in a year's time or so. See what he says, where the conversation goes.

Old 02-23-2013, 08:15 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,730,477 times
Quote:

I was like this in my 20's btw; I always preferred being at home- never got into the hyped up club scenes, or bars, etc.
That life bores me. And so do the people who think it's what we all wanna be doing.
Same thing here also, my friend believe...I find clubs, bars, etc. to be utterly boring also; you're definitely not alone!

Old 02-23-2013, 08:16 AM

1,340 posts, read 1,618,477 times
Quote:
LOL I knew there are men out there somewhere like this Just not where I live currently

That's a downer- are you still in the U.S.?
Or did you leave & find the women in other countries a better option for you?
I'm still on relation Bosnia-USA. I don't know for now, I've stopped dating and there's many reasons. Main one being not just to find the woman like you (or me), but also a one who would be willing to raise children in multilingual home. There is a huge cultural and lingual barrier which I tried to cross, but it didn't work out. And just like you said, I've concluded that woman I am searching is PROBABLY sitting home, not being outside late during night partying all the way, which is probably what a man that you're looking for does as well. This is why I focused on my work only and concluded that going after woman in my native country is a better and safer option... only thing that makes me fear is if I never get a year or two to search in Bosnia for woman of my dreams... I barely have a few weeks to visit my home and long-distance just won't work this way since I'll be in USA at least for the next three years.

Old 02-23-2013, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nald View Post
I'm still on relation Bosnia-USA. I don't know for now, I've stopped dating and there's many reasons. Main one being not just to find the woman like you (or me), but also a one who would be willing to raise children in multilingual home. There is a huge cultural and lingual barrier which I tried to cross, but I couldn't. And just like you said, I've concluded that woman I am searching is PROBABLY sitting home, not being outside late during night partying all the way, which is probably what a man that you're looking for does as well. This is why I focused on my work only and concluded that going after woman in my native country is a better and safer option... only thing that makes me fear is if I never get a year or two to search in Bosnia for woman of my dreams... I barely have a few weeks to visit my home and long-distance just won't work this way since I'll be in USA at least for the next three years.
You are probably right about the woman you are looking for being at home. But like I said, maybe there is a home body waiting to happen who is out there waiting for the right man to make it happen with. Don't lose hope. It is good for you to focus on work as you have done rather than force something. You seem like a very smart man. I don't know if English is your first language, but if it isn't, you write well enough to fool anyone here. I'm sure you've got a lot to offer and wish you well in your endeavors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.