Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 06:14 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,989,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
That's not going out of my way. She messaged me first and I politely let her down the best that I could. There's no reason to catch an attitude.

But wouldn't have been a lot easier to just delete her message and block her from contacting you again? I receive a message from a woman a week ago who was too old and too unattractive and I just simply deleted her message and blocked her.

If she had saw a message from me she would have thought I was interested until she opened up the message
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2013, 06:18 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,669,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post

If she had saw a message from me she would have thought I was interested until she opened up the message
Because you would have sent her a grossly impolite and rude response similar to those you've mentioned before in previous posts?

Old 02-25-2013, 06:20 PM

4,829 posts, read 4,281,291 times
To me, blocking people online is kind of dumb. If they aren't harassing me, then I see no point to block. I didn't even block her after that message. She was mad and that's ok. It happens.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:21 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,989,104 times
Quote:
To me, blocking people online is kind of dumb. If they aren't harassing me, then I see no point to block. I didn't even block her after that message. She was mad and that's ok. It happens.

Because there has been times when a woman would send another message saying.....'Oh so I guess you didn't like me huh"

Old 02-25-2013, 06:30 PM

4,829 posts, read 4,281,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
Because there has been times when a woman would send another message saying.....'Oh so I guess you didn't like me huh"
I've never had that happen. If I don't hear back from the woman in 24 than I assume they aren't interested and go on. No one gets anywhere harassing someone on the internet.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:31 PM

37,587 posts, read 45,944,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrsygrl51 View Post
Ok, so here is my question....you get contacted via email. You respond with the thank you for your interest, but I do not think we are a good match. (whether it's age, or you are not attracted to them physically, interests are different, etc) then you get an email back saying you are racist. Anyone else had this happen? How do you respond to that?
Oh good grief. I've had that, and far worse. You just ignore them. Just like you ignore the freaky slobbering dude in the bar. This is no different. IGNORE it and move on.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:39 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,874,777 times
Quote:
I dont know about that one. I had dated a guy I met online for a little while. I wont get into why I broke it off with him. He was checking out my profile after that an obscene amount of times, so I blocked him.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:42 PM

350 posts, read 383,619 times
Quote:
I dont know about that one. I had dated a guy I met online for a little while. I wont get into why I broke it off with him. He was checking out my profile after that an obscene amount of times, so I blocked him.
I am a little OCD when it comes to clicking profiles myself, so I always remove/delete when something fizzles out. I do like looking at pictures. Out of sight, out of mind.

Old 03-05-2013, 07:14 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,862,904 times
Isn't the whole thing like starting off with a wide-meshed net? So you have an idea of what you want then narrow down the options according to how they answer your comments and questions. Maybe we all just want to leap into bed/relationship too fast and feel that life is not long enough to wait and find out whether this person is a reasonable 'fit' for our requirements.

Sounds really bad that we have 'requirements' but the basic thing is - that we do. When I was doing the online dating thing, I had a list of major NOs in my mind and if the person fell outside of those, then I just had to move on. There really are so many people out there who need companionship/relationships and what we think matches our requirements dont always work out, and sometimes we get desperate to find that 'soul-mate' haha.

Also, as you go on, the list of huge show-stopping NOs get longer unfortunately. :-)

Basically, when we know ourselves better, we find out and attract the kind of person we get along with and can live with.

After all, they often say that you attract people similar to your parents - until you have learned to move on past the parent-worship stage and realise that they are just normal human people too.

Old 03-05-2013, 04:59 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,538,456 times
Quote:
Ok, so here is my question....you get contacted via email. You respond with the thank you for your interest, but I do not think we are a good match. (whether it's age, or you are not attracted to them physically, interests are different, etc) then you get an email back saying you are racist. Anyone else had this happen? How do you respond to that?
It used to chap my azz when people did that. I prefer Cauasian men. It's what I like, period. It's been a while since I did the online thing but I wouldn't respond now. I know I am not a racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships